I know a lot of my habits will be seen as extreme and undesirable to many and doing without something you have done all of your life is unfathomable but I want to leave this for thought - getting rid of video games for many of us was no different, it was also something we continued to do even since childhood many of us, but we also did find that life without is was better and easier than anticipated. These forms of stress relief for me are much the same. If you find a local group of people you can be social about with such practices then amazing though if not there are plenty of other things like hobbies to be social about :)

• Like 1

This is great. Thank you. I have considered going full plant based from watching the movie "The Game Changers ". It was so inspiring let alone compelling. I felt empowered from the whole thing to live life better. I'm afraid to try it right now because I'm worried about food allergies. I need to be tested properly. I almost died the other night from swallowing something I was allergic to. My throat closed and I had to save myself. 

I'm glad you can exercise. I just don't at all. It's frustrating. 

I think you've got a great system and I'm happy for you. Do you have any suggestion for immediate urges? It seems like your longterm plan is in place. But what if you get an immediate urge?

• Like 2

@BooksandTrees For immediate urges what is working right now is to stop whatever I am doing, take some deep breaths, disrupt my thinking with something else, and then go do something else. Awesome you were inspired by the Game Changers movie it felt really positive to me and that is far better at reaching people than just using fear tactics. People intuitively choose what resonates good to them. I have now been living & preparing my own whole food plant based meals for a year now, if you have any questions or would like some informational links, I have many to share.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, goodvibes said:

@BooksandTrees For immediate urges what is working right now is to stop whatever I am doing, take some deep breaths, disrupt my thinking with something else, and then go do something else. Awesome you were inspired by the Game Changers movie it felt really positive to me and that is far better at reaching people than just using fear tactics. People intuitively choose what resonates good to them. I have now been living & preparing my own whole food plant based meals for a year now, if you have any questions or would like some informational links, I have many to share.

Thank you

• Like 2

Day 42 no gaming, Day 23 no PMO.

Signing out from all forums by full history purge so not tempted to check throughout the week and setting firm goal to at maximum check in only once per week :)

Keep up the fantastic progress everyone as I will do the same. 

• Like 2

So my GQ Journal gets to hear about 27 day no pmo relapse, an experience that motivates me more to complete a 90 day detox so I may continue to find free time away from PMO addiction, most specifically P.

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2019, 12:21:46 AM »

Relapse, 27 days was nice streak, know I have it in me to do better.
What were my triggers? Stress. Was feeling off today taking walk made me more tired, should not be a nutritional deficiency. Thanksgiving holiday stress from a mindf%#k psycho verbally abusive family and anonymous stalker sending threats to my cell phone. Will be living out my days somewhere else much better for me, that day will soon come. Taking interest in attending Sexaholic Anonymous or All Addictions Anonymous meetings I believe I would benefit well from such.
How did I soothe my anxiety or stress?  The dirty deed and TV binge.
What am I grateful for today?  This relapse, I will turn out better for it.
Day 0 no PMO

• Like 2

As well as two latest & relevant entries into my Dream Diary. It is good to be in the habit of writing down dreams, I hear.

Dec-1-2019 Day two after 27 day !pmo relapse, I dreamed about looking for P. This emphasizes how important it is to complete 90 days without fail – especially since relapse was without P. It was rather the M part of relapse I believe that made the mind think about P.

Dec-2-2019 Day three after 27 day !pmo relapse, I dreamed about playing video games with a detailed QRL strategy magazine for multiple games. This is day 50 no gaming! Come on brain u r smarter than this, get it together!

• Like 2

Getting back into the WHM (Wim Hof Method) breathing, cold showers & baths, going out in the cold. May invest in large ice maker for ice baths if turns out I love to hate that, still yet to attempt a big ice bath. Promise won't do anything like nude mountain climbing without trained supervision. Not feeling getting into breathing & cold baths every day right now but is refreshing once I follow through, I just do it when I feel it. The science & health benefits that have been documented are impressive. Even though there is the initial discomfort, there is also much pleasure. Many links to share, many I have not yet heard. I find that instead of binge watching new topics my time is better managed by keeping record of content I come across so I may easily find later when interested. Considering also getting into Yoga for breathing exercises and working on better spinal alignment.

Wim Hof Method Explained – The Science & Research

BREATHING

Wim Hof Breathing Tutorial by Wim Hof

Guided Wim Hof Method Breathing

DOCUMENTARIES

Becoming Superhuman With Ice Man – Wim Hof

Inside the Superhuman World of the Iceman

SAFETY INFORMATION

Wim Hof Method | Safety Information

VLOG, PODCASTS, SPEECHES & INTERVIEWS

21 Day Wim Hof Method Mini Documentary

Heal Yourself With The Ice Shaman | Wim Hof & Russell Brand

JRE 712 Wim Hof

JRE 865 Wim Hof

JRE Wim Hof Discusses Benefits of His Breathing Technique

Matthias Wittfoth – Wim Hof Method Neuroscientist & Instructor

RR 231 Wim Hof Breath Is Life, Cold Is God, & Feeling Is Understanding

RR 406 Wim Hof Elevating Consciousness & Amplifying Human Potential

RR Vlog 005 Wim Hof Breath Is Life

This Trick Makes You Immune To Illness | Wim Hof on Impact Theory

Wim Hof – Understand This & You Will Never Be Lazy Again

Wim Hof Method & The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine

Wim Hof TEDx 2010

Wim Hof TEDx 2015 | Medical Mystery Revealed

• Like 2

Dec-5-2019. In my dream this morning I audibly heard myself speaking that “without cardiovascular fitness and breathing exercise, my body begins to lose the fight to live.” I believe this to be true having observed my sedentary, shallow-breathing body succumb to inflammation in the nasal cavity and lungs for over 10 years. These breathing exercises have actually been clearing sinuses so I am able to breathe through both nostrils when normally I cannot. The breath work is powerful and I am going to begin doing heavy cardio after the breathing to see where it gets me. Mandatory cardiovascular exercise, especially running, has been the single most difficult past activity I’ve had to endure therefore did it as little as possible. Constantly mouth breathing and coughing up junk as I ran, maybe breathing exercise benefits will be amplified with cardio :) I had about 10 medical checkups on the matter and all these doctors would do is give me nose drop medicine that did nothing. Sleep Apnea, which their overnight sleep study failed to diagnose, is still a routine problem to this day. All of this is why I have been pushing myself to try nearly anything to improve my health. I am quite happy with results I am getting from the Wim Hof breathing exercise and am excited to do this with heavy cardio and cold baths.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, goodvibes said:

Dec-5-2019. In my dream this morning I audibly heard myself speaking that “without cardiovascular fitness and breathing exercise, my body begins to lose the fight to live.” I believe this to be true having observed my sedentary, shallow-breathing body succumb to inflammation in the nasal cavity and lungs for over 10 years. These breathing exercises have actually been clearing sinuses so I am able to breathe through both nostrils when normally I cannot. The breath work is powerful and I am going to begin doing heavy cardio after the breathing to see where it gets me. Mandatory cardiovascular exercise, especially running, has been the single most difficult past activity I’ve had to endure therefore did it as little as possible. Constantly mouth breathing and coughing up junk as I ran, maybe breathing exercise benefits will be amplified with cardio 🙂 I had about 10 medical checkups on the matter and all these doctors would do is give me nose drop medicine that did nothing. Sleep Apnea, which their overnight sleep study failed to diagnose, is still a routine problem to this day. All of this is why I have been pushing myself to try nearly anything to improve my health. I am quite happy with results I am getting from the Wim Hof breathing exercise and am excited to do this with heavy cardio and cold baths.

Glad yo see you're feeling good about this. If it gives you direction and grasp on your life then I think it's a plus. 

• Like 2

Growing up with this addictive personality of mine I found that gaming addiction was not my only vice. I used to be addicted to people even the ones that talked bad about me and at the same time I was fearful of many people I did not know because I was not setting boundaries. At the same time all of that chaos is what over-stimulates hormones that essentially becomes an inner drug store for addiction. I have now done well keep abusive codependent relationships away but the real trick is putting in the work to build and love myself first. It is impossible to share love if I cannot find it within.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, goodvibes said:

Growing up with this addictive personality of mine I found that gaming addiction was not my only vice. I used to be addicted to people even the ones that talked bad about me and at the same time I was fearful of many people I did not know because I was not setting boundaries. At the same time all of that chaos is what over-stimulates hormones that essentially becomes an inner drug store for addiction. I have now done well keep abusive codependent relationships away but the real trick is putting in the work to build and love myself first. It is impossible to share love if I cannot find it within.

Interesting. I'm addicted to attention, but only from people on games or something. I actually kind of hate being around certain people. I can't even fake it. If I don't want to be around you I'm 100% certain you'll know it lol. @Ikar said it perfectly on another post where I'm usually addicted to attention from women who I find attractive. I get infatuated with them easily and it allows me to be manipulated due to my self esteem regarding relationships. That's what I'll be working on.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BooksandTrees said:

@Ikar said it perfectly on another post where I'm usually addicted to attention from women who I find attractive. I get infatuated with them easily and it allows me to be manipulated due to my self esteem regarding relationships. That's what I'll be working on.

I'm happy my input resonated with you. Thinking of your example, I think it's a perfect example of that you have to let go of what you have to get what you want/need.

At my job, even though it's just about a dozen of hours per week, I learnt how to use a couple of basic communication skills and perhaps a bit of empathy when needed in a couple of months. It works wonders with people who actually want to cooperate and speak English.

Most of the students are women, since I teach in a hospital. What is interesting is that women who look good/dress well (in my eyes) are actually more communicative, because they actually have something to talk about in most of the basic things - family, sports, hobbies etc. Their interior is partly reflected in their exterior. With someone less confident it feels like an interrogation, so after a couple of forced questions, I just take the lead and hope that they manage to find something interesting in what I am saying.

Back to the point, do you remember that woman who tried to kiss you on the first date? Even if she "failed", she got her result. If you are tired of just being a willow around attractive women, ask them out. You'll either get a puzzled look (and stop being a willow) or you'll get a date. I think some hobbies you do a few times a month are ideal for this.

Also, it seems like I am subbed to @goodvibes ' journal. I hope my post is of use to you as well 🙂

• Like 2

Good for you. I’ve been completely sober for a little under 2.5 months and I’m still feeling the effects. My skin detoxed very strongly when I quit and I am still dealing with some acne and scarring although it is better than it was a month ago which was its worst point. 😣