Sign in to follow this  
Rualani

Journal 2: From gaming to choice.

detox[1]

Hello, world.
I did it.

I pulled out the hard drives from my computer and am currently using my labtop (which has been game free) for my first day in awhile.  The first task on hand is to work through my gtd system and make a gtd system while using the Getting Things Done methodology. I've talked about this SO darn much, but as of now I've clarified a few tasks and I know which organiztaion tools to use, trello and omnifocus, so I'm feeling pretty good.

The new "teenager" edition really has helped with some blocks that I was using without thinking about it. The most important thing to remember was just how long and difficult it is to clarify and think of the proper long term solution for the stuff that needs looking at. Previously I would have given up or simply not thought about it, but with a fresh bout of inspiration I'm painfully pulling apart all that stuff and giving it a place to stay. As long as I review this every Sunday I'm keeping closer to the straight and narrow.

Other systems will be used for tracking important habits this time around, but this journal will be used to tracking my gaming and my GTD habits. For now, I'll consider it the prime mover of tracking as of now.

• Like 1

detox[2]

Without that supply of stimulation I literally slept all day. No progress made on GTD method. Oopsie. There's a medical treatment that I may stop due to these effects of hypersomnia, from the get-go it was messing up sleep and I don't think it's worth it, as sleep is one of the 6 pillars for fighting back against negative energy.

Alright, so this is a bit harder than I thought, but I have an idea. See, I think I'm a tad bit rebellious towards myself, so if I make too much effort to quit, I'll just sink into a gaming frenzy.

My human heart is a desperately lonely and empty thing, and what it asks for it will get, one way or another. So instead of refusing to feed it, how about I shift it's diet a bit. I'm not going to quit eating shit food at Mcdonalds. That's the good shit, but maybe I'll start planning some hummus recipes.

Anyways, that's the VISION part of the equation. Reusing that vision in the GTD system is my next step.

1 hour ago, Rualani said:

See, I think I'm a tad bit rebellious towards myself, so if I make too much effort to quit, I'll just sink into a gaming frenzy.

@Rualani Quitting is going to be different for everyone - it can be as simple as getting rid of your only console or as complicated as getting your entire thousand dollar collection out of your sight and that's just the first steps. Make sure you are doing what you can to make the quitting process easier. Here is a link to my recommendations to newcomers, maybe part of it will help you out some.

Neil

• Like 1