NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Relapsed after ~3 years

I relapsed today, playing games for 10 hours. About an hour ago I got a call from my girlfriend, which snapped me out of the game and back into real life. I closed the game, uninstalled steam.

Edited by Guest

I've stopped playing since I posted this but I feel very low drive/ motivation right now and i'm not sure if it's because I tried gaming again or if I tried gaming again because of low motivation.

Edited by Guest

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I hope you still doing well? I too have relapsed after nearly three years and again have my relationship on the ropes. I thought I could just "check" out a game. Nope. Like an alcoholic, you can never ever touch the stuff again, or it pulls you under. Stay strong, and hope to see a message here soon.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The addict inside me always tries to find a way to justify my behavior.

Just one game, just one hour, just one more hit, just read one article - any where it can get a hold of me.

One of the posts compares this to being an alcoholic and that's spot on.

Fight the good fight, stay strong in your mind, keep busy.

• Like 1

Hey, I just visited the forum again to look at some old diary posts. And saw that quite a few people responded here a few months later. Thank you for all your replies.

I have been able to stay away from video games again since then. Hope you all are doing well too