NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Hi

I'm not interested in leaving gaming behind forever. It's too important to me. But I'd like to learn more about what goes on here. Consider me curious.

My favorite games are Bloodborne, Overwatch, Pokemon, and a bunch of other stuff I guess. My other hobbies include reading romance novels, watching anime/youtube, and arguing about philosophy on twitter. I don't have a lot of interests but the things I am interested in I'm very passionate about.

I'm INTP btw, and screw anyone who says Meyer's Briggs is invalid, it's helped me understand human behavior way better than anything else and that's very valuable to me. Maybe it's wrong but for now, it's right to me.

Nice to meet you,

Enny

Thanks for the warm welcome. To be honest though, not mentioning games by name seems very dangerous to me. This whole website feels very surreal at it is. To not have even one foot in reality? That's too much. What if everyone here is fake? What if no one here has even played a video game before? I know it seems silly, but that little extra grounding in that yes, ex-gamers used to play real games, makes it a lot more comfortable for me to exist here.

If the nature of the forum makes you uncomfortable, why are you here?

On 5/29/2019 at 10:46 PM, Ennyish said:

What if everyone here is fake? What if no one here has even played a video game before? I know it seems silly, but that little extra grounding in that yes, ex-gamers used to play real games, makes it a lot more comfortable for me to exist here.

I can assure you I’m real Enny, I’ve been playing games for 22 years. My first game was Red Alert on PC in ‘96. And everyone on this forum is here because they’ve played far too many games and have found it detrimental (in some way or another) to living life to its fullest. I love video games, and I’m grateful for them, and I miss them, but I don’t need to be reminded of them.

Asking you not to mention games in other posts has nothing to do with making you comfortable I’m afraid, it’s about being respectful of the people here who are struggling with video game addiction. You can’t walk into an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting swinging around a bottle of vodka in front of the addicts there with the argument that it makes you comfortable. Then again, I guess you could, but then don’t act surprised when you are shown the door pretty quickly. The point is, this is a space for recovering video game addicts to feel comfortable, and if you want to be here, it’s a small courtesy you’ll be expected to extend to them.

Edited by ElectroNugget
Mispelling
  • Like 4