NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Attempt #2

ketias

First attempt seemed to go great, but a dumb decision to try and just play on Sundays, quickly turned in to daily and then all day.... 

This time I won't get and force myself into new hobbies, which I think was part of me getting bored of it fast. I'll take a day at the time and see what interests present themselves. 

First focus is cleaning the apartment again, study for drivers licens, which failed and treats got to old due to gaming, so it's back to page 1 and Fitness. 

• Like 2

oh my, i just realized its been a week already and without any urge to even play.
i think before when i was trying to force myself into doing other stuff to pass the time, it didn't work out as planned. Now that i am just going about the day, doing whatever comes up, it feels much less overwhelming. 

7 days down, 83 to go.  

• Like 2

weeks just fly by. 
today was the return of the gaming urges though, feel a bit under the weather, 0 energy and then the urges came to slack and play a game.  
trying to keep it off with watching a movie ? gotta make it.

Edited by ketias
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, James Good said:

Finding the willpower to quit gaming again is a huge step, congrats! 

It's a tough journey, and sometimes we've just gotta sit down and enjoy a good film :3_grin:

Keep it up!

thanks ?

The second time around here i at least know how easy it was to fall back again, before i was sure only an hour gaming wasn't going to hurt.  This time around i know there is no such thing as "only an hour". ? 

We need a chrome add on to filter out all banners, posts and news about games. 

I feel no matter where I go it's screaming games right in my face. YouTube is absolutely terrible at it as well as Facebook. ? 

Got a long weekend ahead of me, due to holidays. First long weekend after I quit again and it was a long weekend that was the cause of me trying to play a little last time. 

Will try to stay busy and away from the computer. ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Damit!!! i hate myself at times...... I was so sure i learned from my previous mistake.
3 weeks i made it with few urges..... searched for something work related on google.....fell over another news post..... a link.....ended up on a twitch stream for Elder scrolls online.... closed it down and got some dinner.
next morning i had played 9 hours of the damn game.... right back where i started. GRRRRRR...... and now its been daily for 2 weeks. 

Why must i fail every time i'm close to a month,  its like a i lag the energy to start doing something else for to long and end up dropping back to gaming again.