NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

introduction

Hi
Im 19 years old and i've been playing games for god knows how long, to be honest i don't even remember. I struggled to admit that i have problem for at least 3 years. I have been living on my own for six months now and before i moved out from my parents house i remember promising to myself i will finally do something, that this is new chapter in my life and i will make best of it. Day by day i kept on lying to myself that i will learn tommorow or i will go to gym next day. And now im here and it feels still like im stuck in the same place, im angry at myself that i did nothing to improve my life. In three days i will have exam that will define my future and i know im not prepared. This is second time i will fail important exam because instead of preparing i either played , watched youtube or tv series and movies. Of course there were many attempts by me to stop. The best out of all i think 26 attempts result was 30 days without videogames and the only reason why i stopped then was because my mother cutted of the internet connection :). Only now i realise i was happy back then and wish to finally be done with games youtube etc.. I know that im too weak to limit my daily use of watching and gaming so my plan is to stop completly. The main reason why actually now i want to be done with it is because im ashamed, i no longer want to dissapoint myself or my father who doesn't know about my addiction. Im afraid that if he finds out my failiers were caused by my own laziness he won't longer believe that i can achieve something in my life. I don't wish for this to happen because he is the only person that ever trully believed in me.  All i want is to not dissapoint him.

Im not able to focus at all and whenever im tyring to study i can't focus for even 10 mins. If anyone by any chance reads it and would like to share their own advices i would be really greatfull. 

• Like 1

Hey man. You are here, that is a big step in the right direction.

One thing at a time, start a journal in this forum, and write daily what you are thinking and feeling. It is very important to understand your own addiction. 

Good luck.

Edited by dahankus

Yup!

Hang around here, and try not to lead a double life, we are here to help each other out! When we fall away from our goals or play too much we need to let people know, hold ourselves accountable.

Hope to see you around!