NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Productivity Journal

Natalie

Isaiah CBS "Spin-Zone" Workbook: now on week 12

The 2 Samuel Advent Calendar: 25% Complete

Project Exodus: still 9/20 complete and haven't proceeded since this past autumn

I am done with the Christmas shopping!

I am now a third into Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder finally because the Internet went down for like 2.5 hours since I got started on some catching up time with the advent calendar.

My first white elephant gift this year was a card game of UNO and five different balls of Lindor chocolates. I need 1 more white elephant gift exchange left to go... that is happening on next Tuesday.

Today, a family friend of my parents just got married. And I am finally hosting the meet and greet tomorrow for the first time ever! Yay! It has been nearly 18 months since I got my little but more flexible job. Look what the Lord had done to me after waiting a long while for the things to finally happen month after month as of lately... Thank you, God! I am thankful for my blood donation after 10 months of taking iron supplements. I'm thankful for the candy cane themed Christmas party yesterday. It was such a blessing to sing Go Tell It On the Mountain... and making a gingerbread house for 20 minutes before everyone else.

I am 5/12 done with the advent calendar. Check! I am mostly done with the workbook for a week. For my free time to occupy, I am still continuing on with Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder... and guess what? I am now on chapter 12. I never got a chance to prerecord future entries before I leave to go to Grandma's house because Mom says I have a cold and I can't make it to her house on Thursday, leaving me to stay on schedule even more. My mom, my sister, and I went to Ross to buy boots, wasting $60 on me. I am considering going to Financial Peace University in a new year or something because I am sick and tired of living a paycheck-to-paycheck lifestyle since 2008.

Advent calendar - 11/24 complete

CBS Workbook - now on day 7 of week 12, we're gonna go back to the beginning Mom says afterward (how much longer until I can finally get back to my 52-week Bible reading plan to finish off the final five weeks worth?)

Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder? I am around halfway complete.

I binge-read the 2019 graphic novel "New Kid". It is about the seventh grader who is an artist like my sister except he does comic sketches that take up two pages each occassionally. My sister is pretty much more of a doodler each Sunday morning service lately.

Here's something not in-sequence, but this is what an average Sunday morning is like to me over the past four-ish years since starting college: In a Sunday morning service, there's the local church worship music (mostly the CCM I was familiar with) which takes up the first half of the service and then a lecture-like sermon pops up in-person, leaving the time with the other half of the service before the congregation was dismissed. The total amount of time ran in an average service was 90 minutes. Oh! I wish there would be ten minutes of worship, five minutes of announcements, more than at least a required hour of preaching (I say approximately 70 minutes is good enough), and one more worship song like the good ol' days. I also wish more people would show up earlier before start of service or better yet the adult Sunday school class begins. So that way it would be better off each week; but however, I just can't regrow the number of how many congregation members unless I start a door-to-door soulwinning club to run a marathon at a dorm that was built over a year ago, so lost souls can be invited to my church. That's my opinion. Others surrounding me said we should cut a service by 30 minutes to an hour, so more people can come. It's their opinion, not mine. I respect them no matter what.

The advent calendar - 50% complete, and only 50% more to go

CBS workbook - more of the same except... I forgot to do day 7 of week 12 for the day. I mean I could've liked the "spin-zone" more, but still... it's so hard to bring unity back nowadays that now, it "will not return to me" because of the bygone era hippies' fault that started it all in 1968. Every CBS class is all about the unity topic-wise according to its own contract and the variety of groups are supposed to grow together while studying a book of scriptures at a time. To me personally, I think everyone is divisive and sensitive like never before. Things changed... they used to develop thick skin in the past, especially in the old days. And surprisingly, why did the people at my old church retain some thick skin from deteriorating just because we were supposed to talk in unison topic-wise?

Drum roll please... I only have 112 pages of Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder left to go. I can't take this anymore because I am too tired for the day. I feel like I have to watch The Great American Baking Show on ABC, but I regretted that decision due to bingereading a book. And I know that I've seen the Great Christmas Light Fight Show at one point during the holidays this year (spoilers: a large family from my mom's childhood place - Portland, Oregon - won).

Advent calendar - 13/24 complete

Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder - I just passed the antipenultimate recipe of the book for like 3 pages. If you don't know what it is, it is (spoilers: chocolate covered cherry delights). Otherwise, 85 pages left to go!

Do you know what I just watched? The Hitman: From Pop to Prison. It is a 2-hour documentary about the life of Lou Pearlman, the music producer who brought to you two familiar boy bands I recognized from Radio Disney as a kid: The Backstreet Boys and N-Sync. They're like The New Kids on the Block of the top end of millennials. Keep in mind I haven't heard of the original boy band NKoB that much since they used to be popular "in the early 90s" (you know when my parents dated and got married near the end).

I worked 3 hours today, but I will work more on Tuesday in time for my second white elephant gift exchange party this year.

I finally paid $54 for the course certificate of The Science of Well-Being from Coursera. Yay! ? Sorry, it took me around a month to figure it all out for myself. Please forgive me if I am mistaken for restarting the passwords over and over again and again each time I log on (overall, I actually did it twice). ?

Advent calendar - 5/8 complete

I didn't do anything else over the weekend, but it seems that we are reunited with my sister who just got home from college by plane. It has been 2 days since... did you know what happened last night? I won the Clue board game. That defining moment made me wanna read either a cozy mystery sequel to The Lady in the Attic or the next 2 major Hannah Swensen installments: Strawberry Shortcake Murder and Blueberry Muffin Murder, or better yet: classic Sherlock Holmes if only I clean up behind the couch.

Advent calendar - 2/3 complete

Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder - 61 pages left to go... ?

I had spare time on my hands to do more of my midquel before bed. Other than that, nothing much else happened except... Mom's retreat was over.

The last show I watched was yet another episode of The Great Christmas Light Fight Show. Fun!

Edited by Natalie

Advent calendar - 17/24 complete

What went well today? I got started birthday shopping because the holidays do extend to my dad's birthday (April 8th) in my household since birthdays always happen after New Year's starting with me, then my two sisters, and lastly my parents. We've done it ever since my birth year 1996. Optionally, it ends with Easter weekend due to the lunar calendar if it falls after my dad turns a year older. If it falls before my parents' birthdays, there is just nothing to worry about. About the birthday shopping itself, I just checked Mom off the list. Now, who is next? My sister who will be 20 soon. I could treat her with Starbucks coffee and just chill out. I will do it at least twice: one for Christmas and the other for the birthday. I do not have to worry about my other sister until early March, which is good.

Edited by Natalie

Advent calendar - 3/4 conplete

Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder - only 37 pages left to go... almost there...

Mom said we are gonna do more Isaiah in just a few days. Sorry! I am preoccupied with the things I need to get done first starting with Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder, then the advent calendar with the Why Christmas booklet from Alpha Ministries at the very end (should be started by 2 Samuel 24:25 - last verse of the book I chose as a theme for my advent calendar this year 1 chapter a day, so the actual message of Christmas besides gifts, the peppermint (hyssop) scent, "summer fruit" cakes, and building funds for the new year can be read and mentioned all at the last minute BEFORE Christmas Day), and lastly some other random productive stuff to do before everyone in general comes back from the holidays. What was so emotional is a day the house of representatives voted for the impeachment, so I abstained from local news for at least a day because nothing good has happened right now and it's just the same ol' drama about the larger inquiry/investigation/delusion/scam thing some do not care. The radical democrats had more votes than do republicans. It is so predictable, if Trump were to be actually impeached like Nixon did with Watergate, I am just gonna cry literally and take notes of Trump's speeches I saved on Facebook for later. I wanna relive "my grown-up Christmas list" I made up 3 years earlier so bad... it will be time for me to move on once when I am done "mourning".

Advent calendar - 19/24 complete... 5 chapters and a booklet left to go!

I am finally done with Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder! Thank God! The writing style is so bad... I knew it... it took me about a month to get to the end...

And now... I started reading Wild Embers by Nikita Gill. Have you read the Tumblr page Meanwhile Poetry? It was so full of philosophical imaginations from a British-Indian. I wonder what to make of the stars in the darkest days. It is about time that we were in the darkest days. While we were there, let me give you an excerpt from a book to help you understand the winter solstice poetically unless you live in the Southern hemisphere.

15768275525822022047013.jpg

Edited by Natalie
  • Like 1

Advent calendar - 19.5/24 complete (I know the evening part of yesterday - it deals with the life of Joab - was being placed on hold overnight, so it is due to the fact that I just saw Frozen 2 last night with family in the cinemas)

Wild Embers - I am already on the poem of Persephone. Do you know how many times she appeared and/or mentioned in the Percy Jackson series? Look it up on Wikipedia for any references. See if you can find it.

Edited by Natalie

Advent calendar - 100% complete; check!

Wild Embers - DONE!

And the book of the 2010s is... Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell! (3 chapters in and counting...)

6 days in the old decade left to go... I am expecting the sugar detox for real by Wednesday...

Edited by Natalie

For the past 2 days before today, I used the Wii to play a game where you were supposed to throw stuff to destroy towers. As a result, my upper right arm was strained because the sensor's batteries were dying and that the remote's batteries were low, too. It was such a pain to play physically when it happens before I realized a replacement was neccessary. So I took out all the old ones and placed the new ones inside. Yesterday, I finally got my prescription drugs to balance my hormones before the end of the year. Thank you, Walgreens!

As of this morning, my sister and Mom were like "there's no time to play games" while I was about to play a game. Too bad this phrase is so cliche when it comes to cartoons. That count of days without games rolls back to 0. I promise New Year's Eve is the last day of gaming. January 1: I am quitting again!

Edited by Natalie
  • Like 1

@Amphibian220 I know I could've continued to bingeread Fangirl more. But to be fair, I got the later model of the Wii with a few physical copies of games for Christmas as a family. They're secondhanded from the previous owner for free. It is unwrapped and unboxed, so that's not a surprise why for any reason that I already had the earlier model with the Gamecube slots hidden in the furniture-like box chest from Ross for like forever since starting college.

Happy 2020!

I hope you have enjoyed the holidays. Time for me to pull my progress chart up.

Sugar Detox Counter: 3/41 days

CBS!Isaiah: 1 month and 3 days complete

Fangirl - I am now on chapter 17 and still making it...

Author's Note: My great-uncle died yesterday. I have to go revisit the cemetery after 10.5 years since the last time I went for grandpa's sunny graveside farewell. The memorial service has to take place by Tuesday or Wednesday. I don't believe it has been that long enough since I have just seen the memorial service of a deputy I don't know in person. That is around 9-10 days and we're supposed to do it again for the sake of mourning for someone you love. I have experienced grief more than anyone else my age ever had and I suffered long and hard for the greater good that is inside me. According to my current devo book, the author tells us to look for joy by the end of the tunnel while you fast. I mean... look, I never found joy until my college graduation and it will happen again more than ever on my wedding day and beyond. There is so much more to a long-term fast, especially from the gaming spectrum.

• Like 1

Sugar Detox Counter: 4/41 days

CBS!Isaiah: Almost 5 weeks completed or something...

Fangirl: c. 50% due to page count minus acknowledgements (and I'm still stuck in the "FALL SEMESTER, 2011" act after 18 chapters)

Again, nothing interesting happens except I found out Dad is renting a Dodge caravan just for a trip to the cemetery and back. I have sensed my period starts tomorrow and I am always gonna end up a Sunday starter when it comes to the pill or something. Anyways, I'll survive a daily dosage and not end up like a stat of 400 per year until I have a real, trusted boyfriend to be a potential true and honest Mr. Right (that's a time I will stop the pills and hoping for preggers once married). I will be an oxymoron in someone's eyes since I am for life and for vaccines (as long as it is age-appropriate and selective).

Edited by Natalie

Sugar Detox Calendar: 12/41 days

CBS!Isaiah: I am working on entry #40 and I don't understand comprehensively about restoration and care for the sick in detail except we are just getting started the past few months since coming out of college. Again, Hezekiah's not huge on writing psalms like "his father David had done". Instead, he said something that delivered him from illness because he had "suffered with anguish" before Isaiah showed up. You know the story of how life extends via prayer.

100 Days of Thanks: 4% complete

Author's Note: Last night, I started doing Duolingo. 1. I am way interested in learning Norwegian for my own pleasure. 2. Collectively, my family and I are learning Spanish time after time. 3. I had found the latter easier than the former because I hear the language of Spanish itself over and over again since I was very young. There are no bilingual labels of English and Spanish until I was ten. When I got stuck on all of the questions in a CBS workbook for the day this morning, I scrolled through Facebook and found one link. Thanks, Dad!

https://podcast.duolingo.com/episode-45-la-isla-olvidada-de-venezuela-venezuelas-forgotten-island

• Like 1

Thank you, @Icandothis.

Sugar Detox - c. 40% complete

100 Days of Thanks: 8 days in and counting

CBS!Isaiah: I am now on lesson #15. Almost done with volume 1 despite having a late start due to Mom's medical leave.

Fangirl - now on chapter 25 and I wonder if I am still continuing to bingeread

Duolingo - Oh my! I had more Spanish XP than Norwegian XP altogether. It looks like I learned too much. Sorry! My brain needs some processing time to work on.

I made it to page 15 of my 5-year old blank journal I gave Mom for Christmas before she regifted me back later for some reason since she didn't feel like using it at all.

Edited by Natalie
  • Like 1

Sugar Detox - 17 days and counting...

100 Days of Thanks: 9 days and counting...

CBS!Isaiah: I will work on lesson #15, starting today.

Fangirl - chapter 26... FINALLY!

Duolingo - I am now on the 7-day streak and still learning something new, though I really don't get it at first.

I have written 17 pages of my blank notebook this year, so I should be okay for now.

2014-15 OT/NT reading calendar and the 2014-15 chronological reading calendar combined - >10% complete and still ongoing strong hopefully...

52-Week Bible Reading Plan - now down to the final five still; but it is currently on hiatus for hopefully the last time until I really completed my workbook 100%

Edited by Natalie