NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

An Anxious Aussie - This is why i'm here

Hi all,

my name's Toby (and i'm not an alcoholic)

I know a lot of gaming addicts have dramatic stories about how their life was turned entirely upside down by video games and how bad it got (like cam and his suicide note). But for me, things aren't that bad...here's a quite run down.

So, I work part-time as a waiter/barista at a restaurant in which I'm told I will be becoming an assistant manager soon. I study full time as a commerce student as well and my grades are great. I'll admit, i'm hard on myself with them and know I can solidify my knowledge of the content better (even though I tend to get 6's(75%+) and 7's(85%+) on a 7 point gpa scale). I have a website/blog which I haven't posted regularly on in some time (you can check it out here), but I intend to do that a bit more when I quit. I'm a big guy who has lost a lot of weight in the past but i've stagnated in the last year and have put on 10kg again. I'm exercising and trying to get this back down, but I think the stress I got playing League of Legends made me eat more and so i'm back up 10+kg. I love to read non-fiction books and I listen to podcasts.

Typing this out, I feel like im gloating a little, and I apologize if I do offend someone. Basically I'm just trying to say that I'd hardly say i'm an addict, per sae. Though recently, over a two week holiday period in which I INTENDED to get a whole lot of assignments done in, I spammed league games day after day. I've effectively wasted most of my holiday playing league.

I want to know what I can do without games. 'Imagine what I could do if I didn't play so much' I think to myself. So I wanna test that out. I thought I wouldn't need to do a detox, but I want to prove to myself that i'm not an addict and I can control myself sometimes. Games have been part of my life since I was four years old, though. I'm worried that i'll be bored and relapse because I've only ever really found a whole lot of joy in video games. I'm really anxious about it, but i'm committed to 90 days. I'll be packing away my nintendo switch and uninstalling league. It may not be goodbye to games forever, but at least for 90 days. I'll also be posting my daily thoughts throughout the challenge on my website, if anyone wants to follow along (again, you can see that here).

PS: sorry for sounding like a privileged douche and linking my website. I don't wanna be that guy, but I do want to be honest with you guys.

• 5 weeks later...