NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

We continue

JPAO

Hello people,

I 'finished' my previous journal, and while somewhat satisfied with it, miss writing entries (seems odd considering how few I actually made)

So time for #2 and this one will be a little different. Rather then a journal about a 90 day detox, and how I felt and such, I think I'm going to write this one about things I do for others, so #2 will be 90 days of charity towards others. Not sure how it'll go, seeing as I'm a foolish proud person who sucks at being vulnerable, but maybe it'll work out. Since I didn't do anything out of my ordinary today, I'll be starting tomorrow

Day 0

• Like 3

Day 1-4

Sorry about not posting here (was starting to look like my previous journal again ahhhh); I was doing volunteer work with my parish around downtown. It was pretty awesome, we went and talked to people on the street asking them if we could pray for them and stuff, and we did a food drive and a variety of other services over the 4 days. Also a lot of my close friends were with the group as well, and the opportunity to see them so often was pretty awesome. 

I'm still a little tired, but I guess when you get to sleep before 2am, you wake up pretty early as well haha.

Have a happy Easter everyone!

Love y'all ?

God Bless

• 2 weeks later...

Welp I neglected this one too ? 

Day 18 ig

Not doing the best with this new challenge I've set forth on, I've been more worried about my own future and goals to focus and help others out (even if its just one ordinary act of kindness out of the usual a day) Gotta keep working at it!

John

2 hours ago, JPAO said:

Welp I neglected this one too ? 

Day 18 ig

Not doing the best with this new challenge I've set forth on, I've been more worried about my own future and goals to focus and help others out (even if its just one ordinary act of kindness out of the usual a day) Gotta keep working at it!

John

Are you just too selfish? Do you have a crisis and others are not that important at the moment? Is there no time?

Would you tell us why it doesn't work? I'm very interested. You don't have to though.

@Sapuverell It's more of a mental health thing, I have troubles with anxiety and depression (The onset of which was unluckily a couple months before I discovered video games and likely led to my addictive state).

I'm often scared to use my time, I'm very much so a perfectionist so I worry that if I don't help out perfectly everything is going to go wrong and that it's my fault. So to answer the question, yes in a sense, I am too selfish. I'm too concerned with helping perfectly to the point that I often just don't help at all.

Hope that helps haha

Day 20

Time to post another journal, ended up sleeping a lot today, then made supper (my sister's birthday) and went to my normal Tuesday event. Drove the carpool this time. Not many people showed up so we had a lowkey evening and ended up playing a board game at a member's place. 

Was playing some games again and had trouble articulating why with my dad. I get sucked into games almost like books; they take over my thoughts and it makes it very hard for me to think about other things until I finish the round. I'm generally a smart person, but I feel unable to put down multiplayer games mid game unless something serious comes up. Maybe it's time to recognize most distractions as serious in comparison to games.

I think Im going to steal this from @dahankus

I am not a gamer

Day 22

Weird day, worked night shift last night and didn't get to sleep until about 4 am. Then I drove my sister to her piano exam at 8 am and napped in the car. Went to work again at 4 and was supposed to close, but got told by my manager that they didn't actually need me anymore so got off at 6. Volunteered with a boys club until 9 and then got home

I am not a gamer

Edited by JPAO
forgot endnote
  • Like 1

Day 25

Just got off work. Ended up sleeping almost all day after staying up too late on social media the night before. Missed an opportunity to help my mom out and to do some repair work on my van that I have to do tomorrow now ?

Will do better tomorrow

I am not a gamer