NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Time to restart my life again

Undsoweiter

Day 43 06.05.19

Gratitude journal

Today I am grateful for just being myself.^^

One amazing thing that happened/I did today

1) worked 10 hours

2) went to the dentist and everything was alright ?

Workout/run

3min Streching

more than 9k steps (restday)

Meditation

15 min guided meditation in the morning

Visualisation

none

Daily affirmation

my app

Reading + taking notes

did my spanish course and read quite a bit during the day

my wake-up time

06:59am 

Weekly Goal(s)

continue with miracle morning (wake up at elast once this week before 6am), study at least 4hours on days I am not working, reduce my screen time, meditate half an hour every day(at least twice this week)

Monthly Goal

to study a lot for my exams,  be more grateful for everything in life, find the joy of living in the moment, think hard about my values and what kind of person I want to be, start the miracle morning 1 month challenge anew

3 Month Goal

getting my degree or getting it nearly done so that at least at the end of July I have it in my hands, having a really productive life, living my life so that I am proud of it

What went well today: (8,0,0)

had a long work day and studied 1 hour (so it starts... the grind to the next exam ? )

What I could have done to make my day better

could have also studied during commuting but maybe resttime was not so bad as well, sadly did no Tai-chi in the morning and missed my second meditating time

What I will do differently tomorrow/What I have planned for tomorrow:

wake up before 7am, do tai-chi and go to university in the morning, do one last 6km run before the competition on thursday, study at least five hours and meditate twice tommorow

Edited by Undsoweiter

Day 44 07.05.19

Gratitude journal

Today I am grateful for the small things in life.

1) started studying again

2) did my last prep run before the competition on thursday

Workout/run

5min Streching

5min Tai-Chi

6km run

more than 13k steps (restday)

Meditation

Visualisation

none

Daily affirmation

my app

Reading + taking notes

did my spanish course, studied more than 2hours (small steps) and read quite a bit

my wake-up time

Weekly Goal(s)

continue with miracle morning (wake up at elast once this week before 6am), study at least 4hours on days I am not working, reduce my screen time, meditate half an hour every day(at least twice this week)

Monthly Goal

to study a lot for my exams,  be more grateful for everything in life, find the joy of living in the moment, think hard about my values and what kind of person I want to be, start the miracle morning 1 month challenge anew

3 Month Goal

getting my degree or getting it nearly done so that at least at the end of July I have it in my hands, having a really productive life, living my life so that I am proud of it

What went well today: (9,0,1)

studied more than 2hours, sadly less than planned but it seems I have some starting problems again and I have to do ramp up week (everyday more hours than the day before with the exceptions of more than 6hours or it being a workday) again ,did nearly all the other time consuming small stuff(shopping,...) for the week, had a great run where I realized that my smartwatch counted the km wrong and that was the reason why my pace was shown to be a bit slow ?

less procastrinating more studying, 30min medititation (my fixed goal for tomorrow)

wake up before 7am, go to tai-chi, go to work, strech the legs, study at least 2hours, 30min meditation

•  

Day 45 08.05.19

Gratitude journal

Today I am grateful for sometimes just finding the solution to problems randomly.

1) dealt with a problem a t work which plagued me for weeks^^

Workout/run

5min Streching

some Tai-Chi

around 7k steps (restday)

Meditation

10 min guided meditation in the morning

Visualisation

none

Daily affirmation

my app

Reading + taking notes

did my spanish course, read at lot at work

my wake-up time

07:15am 

Weekly Goal(s)

Monthly Goal

3 Month Goal

What went well today: (10,0,0)

had quite the hard, but sucessful workday, did some spanish, thought all day long about what meditiaion course I should choose for the evening and then forgot to implement it ?

was not able to go to my tai-chi course because of I overlooked the time, less procastrinating more studying, 30min medititation (tomorrow for sure!!)

around 7am, do some tai-chi, go to university, study at least 4hours, 30min meditation and have my first race in the evening^^

Edited by Undsoweiter

Day 46 09.05.19

Gratitude journal

Today I am grateful that effort is rewarded.

1) had a crazy competion run today and pulverised every running time for 5,1km I have ever accomplished till now ? 

Workout/run

15min Streching

5,1km run in 23:24min which was mad, just mad^^

addional 2km running warming up and after run

around 13k steps

Meditation

5min meditation in the morning

15 min guided meditation at lunch time

Visualisation

none

Daily affirmation

my app

Reading + taking notes

did my spanish course, studied around 3hours and read some aditional stuff

my wake-up time

Weekly Goal(s)

Monthly Goal

3 Month Goal

What went well today: (11,0,1)

had a very nice run (I realized how much training can push you forward), did go to universtiy, studied around 3hours, started a new spanish book ( we will see if I have the patience to tackle it^^) and yeah no bad feelings about this evening after the competion because of some beer and a bit reading for fun^^

maybe 1 or 2 hours more studying, got to do 20min of meditation but not 30min and no Tai-Chi today ?

around 7am, do some tai-chi, go to university, study at least 5hours, 30min meditation, go to a party in the evening but avoid trainking much alcohol

• Like 2

Max, I want to thank you so much! Tonight I was feeling the first massive urge in two months to go back to gaming. However, as I was browsing the web trying to avoid the urge I discovered your journal. It inspired me to begin my own (I finished my first entry 5 minutes ago). Journaling tonight has gotten me over my urge (I feel incredible right now). All that said, I want to thank you once again and say that your journey has affected mine in a positive way and that I am grateful to you!

• Like 2

Day 47 10.05.19

Gratitude journal

Today I am grateful for realizing how disruptive a mobile phone can be for conversation.

1) went to the party (and I am still there^^) but activated my forest app on the phone so that I can only use it once an hour which was pure gold for conversation because if you do not wnat to get bored you have talk with people a lot (and with the timer you do not even have the urge to look at your phone because it is locked^^)

2)today was one of the rare days where I slept more than 8hours and found it extremely difficult to get aut of bed  but I stayed strong and did not use the snooze button

Workout/run

a lot of streching in the morning

more than 10k steps (restday)

Meditation

10min meditation in the evening (5min short ? )

Visualisation

tried it a bit again (I realized that during my run yesterday that I used to visualise me running faster and happier helped a lot so here I am going to give it another try)

Daily affirmation

my app

Reading + taking notes

did my spanish course, studied around 2hours and read a lot

my wake-up time

Weekly Goal(s)

continue with miracle morning routine, study at least 4hours on days I am not working, reduce my screen time, meditate half an hour every day(at least twice this week)

Monthly Goal

3 Month Goal

What went well today: (12,0,0)

great party so far (avoided drinking much), did some studying but found it extremely difficult with my aching legs and my sleepy mind (which I do not understand becasue I slept more than 8hours!), but did an extra lesson spanish, cleaned my room, washed my all clothes, went to universtiy and so on ->

but it would have been so much nicer if I had studied 2 to 3 hours more instead of doing all the other work (it was kind of productive procatrinating), maybe should have powered through a short Tai-Chi session even with my hurting legs, only 25min meditation (so I have to do accomplish it on saturday and unday to reach my weekly goal)

wake up around 8am, do some tai-chi, study at least 5hours, 30min meditation, go to the gym, maybe run a short distance at a slow pace in the morning or in the gym

• Like 2

Day 48 11.05.19

Gratitude journal

Today I am grateful for being able to let some things go.

1) went to the gym and met with friends even though my mind and body wanted to sleep more

2) no hangover after waking up because of restraining myself yesterday ?

Workout/run

2min of streching in the morning

2hours workout in the gym

more than 12k steps

Meditation

5min meditation in the evening

and after this diary 15min going to sleep meditation

Visualisation

tried it after waking up but then forgot it during the day

Daily affirmation

my app and in the shower

Reading + taking notes

did my spanish course, studied around 3hours and again read a lot

my wake-up time

09:20am (came home from the party way late and paid attention to get at least 6hours of sleep)

Weekly Goal(s)

continue with miracle morning routine, study at least 4hours on days I am not working, reduce my screen time, meditate half an hour every day(at least twice this week)

Monthly Goal

3 Month Goal

What went well today: (13,0,1)

it was nice waking up without a hangover also greater conflict with my cravings (something that nearly always happens after drinking the night before), had a nice workout, studied more than yesterday ->

but did not reach my goal of five hours so I am trying to build momentum again and have more study time tomorrow than today, still difficult to fit 30min of meditation in my daily routine so maybe I should build another habit around it, also because of my late waking up time forgot to do my tai-chi routine ? 

wake up around 7am, do some tai-chi, study at least 5hours, 30min meditation, having a nice family get together for mothersday

• Like 1

Day 49 12.05.19

Gratitude journal

Today I am grateful again for having a great family.

1)  my first time meditating more than 30min ?

Workout/run

4min of streching in the morning

35min short uphill biking (that showed me why I prefer running and wallking^^)

more than 5k steps (restday)

Meditation

7 min guided meditation in the morning

15min guided meditation at lunch time

10min guided meditation in the evening

Visualisation and Daily affirmation

forgot sadly about the visualisation again (at the moment I am only able to use it while doing sport) and affirmation at least with my app ( I should start the shower affirmation routine again for real!)

Reading (2hours of studying for the next exam today)

did lots of spanish today and started reading spanish online (did not go so well), studied around 2hours and still reading a lot

my wake-up time

07:05am

Weekly Goal(s)

continue with miracle morning routine, study at least 4hours on days I am not working, reduce my screen time, meditate half an hour every day

Monthly Goal

3 Month Goal

What went well today: (NF:14/NW:0/NS:0)

even with all the mothersday stress I had time to study more than 2 hours, do an extra long spanish session, do a little bit of sport, meditated more than half an hour

so all in all it was a nice day, but I should have studied at least 1 hour more (I will start an study counter starting today) and could have have done sone tai-chi in the evening 

wake up before 6am, do some tai-chi, study at least 3hours, 30min meditation, go to work, looking for a new flat and visting some of them in the evening

Weekly summary,thoughts and improvements for the future

starting next week ?

• Like 1

Day 50 13.05.19

Gratitude journal

Today I am grateful for realizing that a slump is always temporary.

1)  had a great productive day!

Workout/run

3min of streching in the morning

more than 9k steps (kind of restday)

Meditation

3 min guided meditation in the morning

10min guided meditation at lunch time

had not much for visualisation and affirmation was at least possible with my app

Reading (4,5hours of studying for the next exam today)

did quite a lot of spanish today , studied 4,5h

my wake-up time

06:20am

Weekly Goal(s)

continue with miracle morning routine, study at least 5hours on days I am not working, reduce my screen time, meditate half an hour every day (yeah I know same goals as last week but they are my main problems at the moment)

Monthly Goal

3 Month Goal

What went well today: (NF:15/NW:0/NS:0)

had a great productive day, worked for 6hours, studied for 4,5hours, found time for spanish and stayed strong against cravings, maybe found a new flat starting summer and this would get me the needed change of my living environment and furhter my progress and avoid going back to old habits

some Tai-Chi exercises would have been nice, a bit more meditation and could have woken up earlier

wake up before 7am, do some tai-chi, study at least 6hours, 30min meditation, go to university,

starting next sunday ?

Edited by Undsoweiter
  • Like 1

Day 51 14.05.19

Gratitude journal

Today I am grateful for my nowadys fit body.

1)  I hurt the ligaments in my right foot during basketball training and instead of continuing playing and powering trough the pain (something I would have done a few months ago) I listened to my body, stopped playing and went home and as a result I believe I am able to walk normally without pain in one to two days instead of five to seven days in the past ? 

Workout/run

Tai-CHi at lunch time

50min basketball

more than 12k steps

Meditation

9 min guided meditation in the morning

15min guided meditation at lunch time

had not much time for visualisation and affirmation was at least possible with my app

Reading (5hours of studying for the next exam today)

did my usual spanish session today , studied 5h more than the days before ?

my wake-up time

07:55am (had a really rough time  falling asleep)

Weekly Goal(s)

continue with miracle morning routine, study at least 5hours on days I am not working, reduce my screen time, meditate half an hour every day (yeah I know same goals as last week but they are my main problems at the moment)

Monthly Goal

3 Month Goal

What went well today: (NF:16/NW:0/NS:1)

studied for 5hours, did more walking through the city instead of going by bus, cooked a lot (including for the following day), avoided all sugar for the whole day, found time for spanish and tai-chi

could have woken up earlier and studied at least 1 to 2 hours more!

wake up before 7am, go to work, go to the tai-chi course if my leg is functionally, study at least 4hours, 30min meditation,

starting next sunday ?

Day 52 15.05.19

Gratitude journal

Today I am grateful for having a nice day.

1)  I tried to use my hurt ancle as an excuse to not go to the Tai-Chi Course but I forced/willed myself to go

Workout/run

80min Tai-Chi course

more than 12k steps

Meditation

had not much time for visualisation and affirmation was at least possible with my app

Reading (3.5hours of studying for the next exam today)

did my usual spanish session today , studied 3.5h

my wake-up time

Weekly Goal(s)

Monthly Goal

3 Month Goal

What went well today: (NF:0/NW:0/NS:0)

studied for 3.5hours, worked 6hours, went to my Tai-Chi course, my leg does not hurt that much anymore

could have woken up earlier and studied at least 1hour more, had an hard time with my cravings next days will get better

wake up before 7am, go to university, go to the gym, study at least 5hours, 30min meditation,

starting next sunday ?

• Like 1

Day 53 16.05.19

Gratitude journal

Today I am grateful for having good friends.

1)  had a great productive day

Workout/run

5min Tai-Chi

2,5h workout

more than 16k steps

Meditation

Reading (5.5hours of studying for the next exam today)

did my usual spanish session today , studied 5.5h

my wake-up time

06:25am

Weekly Goal(s)

Monthly Goal

3 Month Goal

What went well today: (NF:1/NW:0/NS:1)

studied for 5.5hours, had a great workout, did some Tai-chi, had a fun time with my friends

1hour more studying should have been possible, sadly not much meditation time today

wake up around 7am, go to work, study at least 4hours, 30min meditation,

starting next sunday ?

Edited by Undsoweiter
  • Like 1

Day 54 17.05.19

Gratitude journal

Today I am grateful for being able to reflect on myself.

-

Workout/run

5min Tai-Chi

more than 13k steps

Meditation

did a little bit visualisation and affirmation was at least possible with my app

Reading (0hours of studying for the next exam today ? )

did neither spanish nor studying

my wake-up time

07:00am

Weekly Goal(s)

Monthly Goal

3 Month Goal

What went well today: (NF:0/NW:0/NS:2)

did some Tai-chi in the morning, had a really hard workday and went to a party in the evening

at least some studying and spanish but I was toast after my workday something I have not had for a long time and did not have the energy to do anything ?

wake up in the morning, meditate for 30min, study at least 4hours, go to the gym

starting next sunday ?

Day 55 18.05.19

Gratitude journal

Today I am grateful for the nice weather.

1) had an fantastic workout with an overall progression

Workout/run

5min Tai-Chi

2km running to test my right ankle

2h workout at the gym

more than 12k steps

Meditation

18min guided meditation in the afternoon

did quite a bit testing with visualisation and affirmation

Reading (1hour of studying for the next exam today ? )

was at elast able to study 1hour and did a lot of spanish

my wake-up time

10:30am (hard night after the party yesterday)

Weekly Goal(s)

Monthly Goal

3 Month Goal

What went well today: (NF:0/NW:0/NS:3)

did some Tai-chi in the morning, did a lot of spanish, studied not very much and had a great workout

more studying!! -> I think I have to go cold turkey again with some of my biggest time eaters and go back to the roots to come out of this huge slump

wake up in the morning, meditate for 30min, study at least 4hours, do a run

starting next sunday ?

Day 56 19.05.19

Gratitude journal

Today I am grateful for my raising willpower.

1) had a crazy run because it started raining heavily after 3km but I did not stop und powered through to my 7,5km goal

2) meditated for nearly 1hour

Workout/run

5min Tai-Chi

7,5km running

more than 8k steps

Meditation

40min guided meditation in the afternoon

did quite a bit testing with visualisation and affirmation especially during the run

did a long of Spanish session and studied 2 hours

my wake-up time

around 10 because I shortly woke up at 7 and ignored my alarm clock by accident

Weekly Goal(s)

continue with miracle morning routine, study at between 4 and 8hours per day, reduce my screen time to less than 2hours, meditate half an hour every day

Monthly Goal

3 Month Goal

What went well today: (NF:1/NW:0/NS:4)

did some Tai-chi in the morning, did a lot of Spanish, had a great run, meditation worked really well for me today

An extra 2 hours of studying otherwise a great day

wake up before 6am, meditate for 30min, study at least 4hours, go to work, maybe go for a run in the evening

Weekly summary, thoughts and improvements for the future

This week I realized how important it is for my routine to wake up early and at a similar time this should help me greatly in fighting my cravings and tone down my unproductive/wasted hours additionally I decided to go cold turkey on web novels again because it starts getting out of hand and so I will think of a different rewarding system to avoid this mistake in the future

Edited by Undsoweiter

Day 57 20.05.19

Gratitude journal

Today I am grateful for seeing a way for the future.

1) had a sluggish mind today was still able to work 8hours and study 2hours

Workout/run

5min Tai-Chi

more than 6k steps  (restday sadly I started feeling some pain in my ankle again after running yesterday so I fear my wound is still not completly healed)

Meditation

15 min guided meditation in the afternoon

forgot today maybe it was a result of avoiding my regular cold shower part in the morning

did my regular Spanish session and studied 2 hours

my wake-up time

6:55 (my goal this week is waking up twice at least 5:55 if possible)

Weekly Goal(s)

continue with miracle morning routine, study at between 4 and 8hours per day, reduce my screen time to less than 2hours, meditate half an hour every day

Monthly Goal

3 Month Goal

What went well today: (NF:2/NW:0/NS:0)

did some Tai-chi in the morning, did my regular Spanish, worked and studied a little bit

till early evening it was a nice productive day but then I became weak for a short time ate something with sugar(so reseting the counter again) additionally because of the rain it was difficult to change locations and I pretty much wasted my evening ?

wake up before 7am, try to meditate for 30min, study at least 5hours, go to university, go to the gym (maybe even in the morning)

next one on the 26th ?

P.S.: Is it possible to change the different fonts in the comment bar because having different ones in one post just annoys me quite a bit

Edited by Undsoweiter
  • Like 1

Day 58 21.05.19

Gratitude journal

Today I am grateful for seeing some progress.

1) got my mobile screen time to only 1,5hours today ?

Workout/run

4km run

2hours at the gym

more than 10k steps 

Meditation

20 min guided meditation in the morning

forgot today sadly

Reading (1hour of studying for the next exam today)

did my regular Spanish session, studied 1 hours and read a great deal

my wake-up time

9:00 (my shoulder hurt quite a bit not sure why and so I had some trouble falling asleep)

Weekly Goal(s)

Monthly Goal

3 Month Goal

What went well today: (NF:3/NW:0/NS:1)

did my regular Spanish, studied a little bit, had a nice run and workout, read a lot, I feel that my new meditation technique will help me with the nofap challenge

waking up ealier would have been nice but I fear that I may sleep longer in the morning tomorrow as well to save some sleep for the upcoming days

wake up earlier, try to meditate for 30min, study at least 4hours, go to university, go to tai-chi class, look for a new flat

next one on the 26th ? 

Day 59 22.05.19

Gratitude journal

Today I am grateful for feeling less pain while walking.

1) was running around in the city and go nearly all the small tasks done I planned and wrote down since weeks

Workout/run

1,5hours Tai-Chi course

more than 22k steps 

Meditation

20 min guided meditation in the afternoon

Visualisation and daily affirmation

Some affirmation today but no visualisation

Reading (0hours of studying for the next exam today)

did my regular Spanish session, but because of all the small errands did not have time for anything else

my wake-up time

9:30 (suddenly found an ant road in the flat shortly before going to bed and fought to get rid of them and out of my room for hours)

Weekly Goal(s)

Monthly Goal

3 Month Goal

What went well today: (NF:4/NW:0/NS:2)

did my regular Spanish, did and organized so much different stuff and walked a lot but now it is quite nice to have nearly all of it done^^

waking up ealier would have been nice again and I even prepared for it but what I was not prepared for were all the ants and there was just no end to them

wake up earlier, try to meditate for 30min, study at least 4hours/prepare new material to learn, go to university, go to the gym

next one on the 26th ? 

• Like 1

Day 60 23.05.19

Gratitude journal

Today I am grateful having no rain.

1)  did everything I had planned for the day

Workout/run

2km running

2hours workout

around 21k steps 

Meditation

Some affirmation today but no visualisation

Reading (4hours of studying for the next exam today)

did my regular Spanish session and was able to study 4 hours

my wake-up time

7:12 (getting nearer to the ideal time again)

Weekly Goal(s)

Monthly Goal

3 Month Goal

What went well today: (NF:5/NW:0/NS:3)

did my regular Spanish, studied 4hours, went to university, had an okayish workout

Maybe could have studied a bit more, done some Tai-Chi, run a bit longer, but still my ankle and now my hips give me some pain

wake up earlier, try to meditate for 30min, go to work, study a bit(if I have time)

next one on the 26th ? 

Edited by Undsoweiter

Day 61 24.05.19

Gratitude journal

Today I am grateful for starting anew.

1)  did everything I had planned for the day

Workout/run

5km running

around 14k steps 

Meditation

a bit affirmation today

did my regular Spanish session and but because of the grueling work was to tired to study

my wake-up time

6:20

Weekly Goal(s)

Monthly Goal

3 Month Goal

What went well today: (NF:0/NW:0/NS:0)

did my regular Spanish, had a cruesome workday but survied, had a nice evening run to clear my head

became weak to my cravings (sugar, webnovels and nofap) part because of nine hours mentally crazy stressful work and part because the new flat I was sure I will be able to move in in summer was given another person so I have search again and that was quite the shock so my goal for the next weaks will be to look for a new flat and to be more resitant against urges they are easy to conquer if life is nice to you but really hard and relentless otherwise (I believe because I was at work, had a really busy day and none of my last line defences where applicable in this case so back to the drawing board ^^)

wake up earlier(but weekend?), try to meditate for 30min, go to the gym, study, having a perfect (no cravings) day, going to a party in the evening

next one on the 26th ? 

Day 62 25.05.19

Gratitude journal

Today I am grateful for staying strong against my cravings.

1)  first day for a while where I stayed strong in all my 3 cravings which are hindering my progess the most at the moment

Workout/run

3.5km running

2hours workout

more than 17k steps 

Meditation

a bit affirmation and started with visualisation again today

Reading (1hours of studying for the next exam today)

did my regular Spanish session and studied 1hour also read a lot again

my wake-up time

8:00 (weekend)

Weekly Goal(s)

Monthly Goal

3 Month Goal

What went well today: (NF:1/NW:1/NS:1)

did my regular Spanish, studied a bit, had a great workout, the pain in my ankle is nearly gone, stayed strong today against all my cravings

I could have studied more, should have done some Tai-chi and woke up ealier

wake up earlier, try to meditate for 30min, study 4hours, go the my parents home for a few hours, stay strong against my urges like today and do extra Tai-chi

Edited by Undsoweiter

Day 63 26.05.19

Gratitude journal

Today I am grateful for it being a nice day.

----

Workout/run

more than 16k steps 

Meditation

20 min guided meditation in the evening

a bit affirmation and visualisation

sadly had no time for my regular Spanish session or studying, but read and learnt quite a bit (just not for my next exam ? )

my wake-up time

8:20 (weekend)

Weekly Goal(s)

continue with miracle morning routine, study at between 4 and 8hours per day, reduce my screen time to less than 2hours, meditate half an hour every day, have at least 2 perfect days next week

Monthly Goal

3 Month Goal

What went well today: (NF:2/NW:0/NS:0)

had a great family gathering and lots of moving around

but it came at cost of not having any time for myself other than meditation and had no time to study, opened my webnovels on reflex and ate cake at home so again back to 0 with these 2 cravings

wake up earlier, meditate for 30min, study 4hours, go to university, have another perfect day

I think the reasons for my lack of productivity and discipline are that I stayed too much in my room and also did had wake up real early regularly so for the next week I will change this and hopefully I will be back on track