NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Day two, William's journal.

TheWilliamJacob

Forewarning: this will ramble and it will help me.

Today was productive but also one of the hardest days of my life. Let's start with the morning, I woke up on time but didn't go to my first class, I watched Twitch instead. I ate breakfast, not a very healthy one but I ate nonetheless. I went to my second class of the day and sat through the whole class. I went to my third but it was canceled so I skipped the final (fourth) class of the day. So, all in all, I only went to one class for the whole day. I am a commuter so I felt like it was kinda worthless to go for one class but I went. I had my consoles in my car and I went to PawnAmerica to try and get rid of them. The place would only take the PS4 and due to my social anxiety, I was okay with just getting out of there as soon as possible. I still had an Xbox 360 and a PS3 to get rid of, I took it home and patiently waited for my friend to come over later today. He came over and he took all my monitors, every computer part and the final consoles. So now I have done what module 2 has said and get rid of the ability to play. I moved forward in the modules and I broke down when it asked me to find other things to do. I couldn't answer the questions. Luckily, my stepfather was able to sit down with me and talk with me. We talked about a lot of things but one of the biggest takeaways was me deciding to distance myself from Twitch. I have watched Twitch never endlessly for the past 6 years now and I disabled my account, set up an extension to block the website and plan to give my iPad to my younger sister to eradicate the possibility to watch it. I want to thank James Good for the recommendation of the StayFocusd extension. It really helped in this process, thank you. I got to the point in the discussion with him where I was able to write down activity possibilities and I feel like today was really a success. I am moving forward in the modules and I really hope that I can get my life back to a point where I am happy and living it to the fullest. 

Good for you for taking those huge leaps! That seriously deserves a congratulations because I know that’s difficult. There are so many good things you can do. Learn an instrument, take up drawing or writing, start hiking (there’s an app called All Trails that’s great for finding hikes close to you). I just finished module two myself and it sucked getting rid of everything. But I believe it’ll work out in the end. You’ve got this!

• Like 1