NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

A New Beginning

Juliet

Hey all! 

My name’s Juliet and I’ve decided once and for all to get away from video games. 

It all started when I was a kid. I’d watch my brothers play all sorts of games on the computer. For awhile my sister and I had a TV in our room and we’d play Super Mario for a long time. Then my brother got an N64 and the Smash Bros Wars began.

My brother and all his friends would get together and hold a grand championship. Sometimes I’d play, other times I’d just watch. Playing video games made me feel like I was a part of the group even though I was several years younger than everyone else. I wasn’t good at all, so to get better I’d practice alone for several hours. Then I started playing Legend of Zelda, Majora’s Mask, and 007 Golden Eye. Those were the best times especially when my siblings had their friends come over. 

But then it all kind of went down hill. I started playing the Final Fantasy games and LOVED them. I’d stay up as late as I could and wake up as early as I could just to see what would happen next. I lied to my mom a lot when it came to my game time. I was depressed and alone. I had only a few  friends but I didn’t really feel I could connect with them. But I connected with my games.

Anyways, long story made longer, I’ve tried to quit gaming for many years. Sometimes more successfully than others, but then I’d watch a YouTube gaming video and the pull would come back. I want to quit for good. I’m tired of feeling like I have to hide. I want to spend more time outdoors. I don’t like losing my mind to the dullness of hours wasted on screen time. It’s not worth it.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read my long post. It’s nice to meet you!

• Like 1

Good luck not doing something xP

The best way to think of stopping is to just not do it.  Makes it a bit easier.  

You can quit, which involves actually doing something - quitting.

You can, however, not play games anymore.  You don't have to do anything to do that.  You just literally don't do something.  That's it.  

If you find yourself wanting to play, just don't.

@JulietWelcome!

Reading those games makes feel nostalgia!

Wish you success in your journey.

Something that's been useful for me is writing the reasons why I think I need to quit gaming, but also reading those reasons every day in the morning. Also, paste a big callendar on your wall to cross each and every day that you live without gaming.

Hope this helps!

Paco