NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Seeking More

Hello,

My name is Kendall, I am a senior graphic design student of the University of Valley Forge. I living happily with my generous parents and my dog. I'm technically still employed as a grill cook at a local buffet. It wasn't a direct result of too much gaming that caused me to be laid off, but had I been better rested, it may not have happened.

I may not struggle with video games nearly as much as the average person here and am already far more successful than a lot of people on the autism spectrum (which I am), but I still am looking to stop playing video games as much as I have been. I was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome at the age of 16. I've been going to a behavioral therapist on a regular basis ever since, which has been a huge help. However, as I wrap up my final year of college, which I'm of course very proud of, I'm scared about how I will function in the real world. 

For a long time, it wasn't a huge issue. I would come home after work or school to play a couple hours of games, sometimes by myself, sometimes with friends. I was able to keep up with most of my homework and chores and had money and time left over to hang out with friends on the weekend where we would also play games together. For various reasons, I haven't been able to keep in touch with most of them and the temptation to backslide into a gaming coma and spend more money on gaming is tempting me. I want to be able to manage my time well now more than ever.

As a graphic designer, I love making artwork. In fact, I attribute a lot of my passion for art to video games and the piles of fan art I made as a kid. But I can't produce and consume content at the same rate without feeling torn one way or the other and it's mostly been consuming. 

I decided to make an investment and bought access to the video lectures for gamequitters because that's how I learn best. It definitely feels ironic given how much money and time I need to finish the schooling I'm already in but I am dedicated to being free to not play.

Love,
Kendall Stauffer

• Like 2