Sign in to follow this  

Hi,

I wasn't aware that there was a forum, I've been trying to communicate through the YouTube comment section for far too long. I gave up games around mid-November, I uninstalled game-related downloads (i.e. Discord) from my computer(s) and successfully purged anything associated with games off my devices. I also remoulded my interests and suggestions on social media sites which proved to be an arduous task. I haven't looked at a video of someone playing a game etc. or anything of the sort since I gave up. However, I am struggling a lot. There have been many positive things that have happened to me since I quit although, the urge to relapse is growing within me. Games was an escape route for me and it was incomparably effective at doing so. I study History at the University of Cardiff. I sold all of my gaming equipment, including my computer. I am feeling stable at the moment but still have a desire to sink my teeth into that feeling that we're all so aware of. I have A.D.H.D so playing games was in-congruent with how my brain works, exacerbating the effects of gaming addiction(?) I interpret my self as someone who is sensitive in all aspects of the word. For example, when I am in love, I feel the full effects of it or when someone close to me passes away, I mourn to an extreme. Therefore, I feel as if I am particularly vulnerable to the effects of gaming and am suffering twice as hard as the usual games-quitter. I appreciate this is a gross assumption and I am open to all manners of being shut down. But it is an indisputable fact, that the urges in my hands are almost tangible and the feeling of boredom that circulates around my body daily, does not assimilate to the boredom of an average man. I am hungry to play games. I have an itch that needs to be scratched. My mind races with ideas of what I can substitute games for but it falls upon nothing nearly as enticing. Perhaps I am an adrenaline junk-y and the only thing that'll emulate that feeling of playing games is jumping out of planes and getting into fights...although, I don't want to do those things (ha). I love to read and write, a muscle that I now exercise daily. I manage to squeeze out a couple of squats and press-ups. I have only just been accepted into a play that I auditioned for...all of these things sound promising but none can successfully emulate the almost-orgasmic brain seducing sensation that you experience from playing games. So dear God (I'm not even vaguely religious...), deliver me from this evil because I'm sick of it. 

Yours truly,

Lord F.R

• Like 1