NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Restarting After Relapse

pizzacake678

Day 1

After relapsing a week ago, I've decided to uninstall my only two games that I have been playing in order to get back into the 90-day detox phase. I wasn't exactly proud after playing games for a week after the relapse so yesterday I decided to cut off and go again with the detox. So far I haven't watched any gameplay videos on youtube or Twitch so that's not a bad start, but I haven't gone outside at all today which may be an issue. The only mode of transportation for me is the bus as I don't have a car, and the only time I really need to go anywhere is if I have to go to work (It's not far away from my house but I still hate working there -- I work a desk job). Also it was raining for most of the day so there wasn't any reason for me to go outside. All I did was review videos for the dropshipping course that I bought and made minor adjustments to my store. I haven't started the store and I've only realized that I am starting out with more products to test than I needed to for the focus of a general store -- no specific audience yet. 

Pomodoro sessions so far: 7/10 with 25 minutes per session and 5 minute breaks. 

Don't know if I should count watching the instructional video as work time or if work time should count if I'm working on the website itself. I'll figure this out soon.

Tomorrow I'll plan on starting a gym membership plan provided by Kaiser Permanente. To describe it, you enter the program by paying $200 to start a year-long gym membership (until the end of 2019) and if you successfully visit the gym for 30-minute workout sessions then you will be rewarded the $200 that you've spent. I already have a gym in our home garage but I've been neglecting it as I felt that it was digging into my time for working on the online business (that turned out to be a mistake as I ended up not working on the online business as much). I just have to call tomorrow morning and ask for the enrollment, pay the $200, and begin the plan.

There was also a 15-day challenge that I was supposed to do for Facebook chatbots but I've been neglecting that as well. Will be going over the videos day-by-day until I go to bed tonight.

Too often I reflect on how often I've neglected on everything out of laziness or out of wanting to play games -- school, personal projects, personal fitness, etc. Right now I want to make a difference from the past that I'm leaving behind, even though it's going to be difficult along the way. In order to hold myself accountable, I'll make sure that I use this forum as a diary input. No longer will my journal entries be restricted to my notebook -- I'll be open for constructive feedback if anyone chooses to read this and future posts.

Edited by pizzacake678
  • Like 2

Day 2

Finished a workout but don't know if it was enough. Will rest for tomorrow and start Wednesday. Tried calling Kaiser Permanente but their phone lines were closed so I'll have to call later in the day for tomorrow

Looking to wake up early in the morning to get started on stuff early on before work but I keep running into the issue of walking to my phone alarm, setting it to snooze, and going back to bed. 

Edited by pizzacake678

6 minutes ago, Cam Adair said:

What were you biggest lessons from your relapse?

After relapsing I felt that I still needed to find new routines to replace my old routines

I probably have to find more things to occupy my time with. Possibly do volunteering or find another job that deals with social skills. During the detox session before relapse I haven't gone outside and met new people so I'll have to start incorporate doing more volunteer service to get involved with any community events. One of my friends that I occasionally see flew back to Texas and another friend of mine is busy + his car broke down. I don't have school until Fall 2019 semester so the only possible ways for me to meet new people is to find a new job that involves communication between customers and coworkers, joining meetup groups to either learn new things or engage in activities that I enjoyed in the past, trying out martial arts at the Taekwando center at the shopping center that's about a mile away from my house, or to do volunteer services.

Hope this answers your question

I think you should definetely start training some sport or aerobic activity like the Taekwando you mentioned. Find the one where there are regular group sessions, so with time you build relationships with those people. You are killing 2 birds with one stone here, now you are guaranteed to train regulary because you know exactly when the practice is and you have friends who are used to seeing you there  +  you just became more social. It's important that you actualy like the activity that you join, so don't be afraid to go take first free session on multiple ones before you make your choice. Make sure those sessions leave you still enough time to build your online business, because that's most important.

Edited by Mario10001

Hey ??678! Welcome to the family! Thanks for sharing your journey! Good luck on your detox! I hope you'll find life is much more fulfilling and satisfying though this  ?