NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Gaming -> 1 On 1 Time With God

Day 97 (42|55) (05/04/19) Friday

Last day of uni for the term!!!! The Forestry test went super smoothly; no curveballs ? After that I quickly packed and then headed off to camp (Crossroads)! My driver is a year younger and already on his full license, while I'm on my learners ? I gotta get onto it LOL. There are SO many people here and a lot of new faces which was surreal ? It was 6 degrees at one point ? but inside it's super toasty with their fireplaces! We made our cabin the 'Asian' cabin hahaha, hopefully, we'll have good bants and dmcs! I thought I brought what looking like my sleeping bag but nope it was my puffer jacket ? my friend kindly gave me one of his blankets! Co-MCing starts tomorrow yaaaaa a lil nervous but it's going to be good! Please pray that God would give wisdom to the speakers and help us to see the greatness of Jesus and God's grace and love and that people will come to receive Christ on this retreat!!!!

fri.jpg

Edited by Guest

Day 98 (42|56) (06/04/19) Saturday

Chatted til 1am lol so didn't get much sleep but that's expected with camps like these! I noticed that on their cajón was a bible verse! Our group from the project did a remake of the toilet skit for talent night, it was such a laugh! Talent night was especially good (and bad with the jokes from Enoch hahaha) this year! We then went to light the bonfire outside and the milky way covered the entire expanse of the night sky, which was utterly breathtaking (words cannot express how beautiful it was)!!!! God is so generous! We roasted marshmallows around the bonfire and I had lots of really good chats, notably with my friend from high school! Had a really spiritually deep convo with him then as well as during lunch! Also had a really good chat with Woody who is also exploring Christianity!

cajon.jpg

bonfire.jpg

Edited by Guest

Day 99 (42|57) (07/04/19) Sunday

Slept at 1am agane while pretty much everyone was still up playing games and talking... how do they still have so much energy!? Daylight savings gave us an extra 1 hour which was pretty clutch, I freaked out cause I woke up and my watch and it said that worship was about to start monkaS but actually it was only breakfast because I didn't set it back yet PHEW! MCing went really well yaaaaaa it wasn't too long and my partner was REALLY good and helped me out a ton! I really enjoyed it and it was super fun doing it with someone! Enoch did a really good talk on the Spirit-filled life and we also had some good as guy time! Overall I had such an amazing time on this retreat! Made a lot of new friends and I saw myself and a lot of other people grow a ton! God was working so much throughout it! All the praise to Him! After that, I went to church and I was feeling super tired but I still got a lot out of it thanks to the Holy Spirit! One of the guys that also went to Crossroads told me how encouraged he was from it and that was so cool to hear! When I went home I had to quickly unpack and then repack my bags for a forestry field trip the next day ?

Edited by Guest

Day 100 (42|58) (08/04/19) Monday

There are 60 people on the trip!! 1st and 2nd year forestry science students as well as us 2nd year engineering students. We drove up to Hamner Springs and learned how to use a GPS and measure the diameter and height of trees! We had an amazing dinner that the school of Forestry paid for; pizzas, chips and garlic bread! My tummy is so happyyy rn UwU

Edited by Guest

Day 101 (42|59) (09/04/19) Tuesday

Got a chungus 10 hours of sleep YEEEET My earplugs were pretty clutch since 2 guys were snoring in our cabin! Woke up at 7am to make pancakes for everyone since our team's results yesterday were one of the least accurate ? but it's good because it's an opportunity to serve God! I was 'batter boy' hahaha and it was great fun doing it as a team! We then checked out Rayonier's logging operation and I learned a lot more from it because fortunately I was able to go in the ute with the harvest operations supervisor for the drive up and he told me a lot about the company and his experiences. After that, we bussed back home and I unpacked and stretched EVERYTHING out! Finally able to just chill out ? I pray that I won't fall into gaming, social media or any other traps these holidays and instead spend it with friends, family, and God!

logging.jpg

Edited by Guest

Day 103 (42|61) (11/04/19) Thursday

Found podcasts from The Bible Project!! They do a podcast on a topic/book then they summarise it and make it into their wonderfully made videos! So the podcasts are a lot more in-depth, and thanks to them I have a desire to listen to podcasts yay! I can watch, read AND listen to them ? Thank you so much, God, for The Bible Project, for supporting it and using them to give me a newfound love of the Bible!

Day 104 (42|62) (12/04/19) Friday

Found... Tim Mackie's videos (Co-founder of The Bible Project)! He's such an awesome guy with such a love for the Bible and I can totally relate to him; how he found the Bible to be quite confusing when he first started reading it and not what he expected, and his own videos and the stuff he does with TBP have helped me understand it a lot better! There are so many things I want to watch, read and listen but there's not enough time ? But I'm so grateful for this term break because I can really engross in God's word!

Somehow I slept 14 hours last night, from 6:30pm to 8:30am! I must be quite sleep deprived... all those nights where I slept less than 10 hours... I also played Badminton for the first time in YEARS and I enjoyed it more than the time I played Ultimate Frisbee. Thanks, Holy Spirit!

Day 105 (42|63) (13/04/19) Saturday

It was a really nice and sunny day today! Did some study and my sister and I walked the dog around a park with a lake in it and it was very refreshing! AND it was our dog's birthday ? she turned 4 today! She ate a lotta food lol (v spoilt I must say ?)

@goodbill Heya thank you but all glory to God, honestly, He's the one that keeps me going! And thanks for asking! I gotta say, now that it's term break for me and I have nothing planned in my days, it's been so tempting to play and it's been extremely tough trying to fight against it. But I constantly think back to day 42 as well as the bigger picture. It's always a battle, and now it's the hardest it's ever been. I see that you've just started your journal and it's really good that you're so honest about it! At this stage, I've found it quite hard to want to keep posting but it's been good and it's really important to do so, yeah man keep it up and I'll keep praying for you!

Day 106 (42|64) (14/04/19) Sunday

My parents are wanting to find a church that has a Chinese service. So we went to one which we thought was that because one of their friends used to go to it but it was actually English speaking. They referred us to a Chinese church so we'll go to them next week. Their service was mostly worship and prayer whilst my one is mainly a sermon. I went to my church in the evening and we wrapped up our series on Matthew 8-12 and it was really good! I've learned so much about Jesus! I had a really long chat with Jason afterward and it was good to hear his thoughts as well as collect mine as well.

Day 107 (42|65) (15/04/19) Monday

This past week has been tough because I have had nothing planned so gaming has been rearing its ugly head in the form of youtube videos and watching them makes me want to play it. I want to click heads and pop off. But I think back to my relapse and how empty it felt and the time wasted and then I don't want to play it. But it's hard fighting against it. It's draining. I have to take afternoon naps and I don't have the energy to talk, text or writing in my journal ? But also I have not been spending as much time with God... if I do then God willing the desires of gaming will be squashed by the joy of following Christ!

Don't stay unoccupied too long, the devils love to fill voids with temptation.

Don't hesitate to "waste time" walking if you don't have the energy to do something useful, it helps a lot.

Anyway good job being free for so long !

Day 109 (42|67) (17/04/19) Wednesday

By following this framework, I have gotten SO MUCH MORE out of my quiet times!!! I highly recommend it ?

Kairos Method.JPG

Day 110 (42|68) (18/04/19) Thursday

Played some tennis with a bro from church and it was cool having a casual hit around and talking about the Bible and what we've been up to! Also filled in at work and it was the perfect amount of busyness, so poggg.

In regards with my degree, instead of thinking of whether I see myself doing engineering, I should be asking if I am willing to do it; if it is God's will that He wants me to do engineering. This, in fact, applies to ALL aspects of life! Obedience to God

Day 111 (42|69) (19/04/19) Friday

Played a lot of tennis today, the first one was with one of my mates from interclub. We played a set I was so surprised that I manage to play at the same level as I did over a year ago! Thanks God! I had an opportunity to have a spiritual conversation because he said, 'I noticed that you've become quite religious' and I was so surprised I talked about how it gave me a new purpose in life and then he said that his view of life was optimistic nihilism he talked about his fascination with space and how we're so insignificant and I was thinking of how to use that to transition to talking about how God and how he loves us even though we are so insignificant but then I couldn't think of anything smooth and then the convo ended there... I should've just went straight in, instead of trying to get a smooth transition, just like this one time on Project where my partner went straight and that eventually lead to the person praying to receive Christ! But I gotta take what I've learned and move on from it. The next hit was with two of my Christian bros, Renzo and Connor, and I got to kind of coach them which was really cool and quite an honor.

I've realized that I can quite easily enjoy sport no matter the ability of the other player/team until it becomes an official match/competition, then the pressure to perform kicks in. Like on day 74, that was competitive Ultimate Frisbee and I didn't enjoy it, but I enjoyed playing badminton casually (day 104) and tennis today,  both intense and not-so-intense versions. Thankfully no one is making me play competitively anymore~~?

Day 112 (42|70) (20/04/19) Saturday

I started working on a puzzle (1000 pieces OwO) because it recharges me :)) Did that for most of the day and then went bowling in the evening with university friends. We had a few strikes and one guy went past the line and fell over ? It was really fun and I had a good time!

lol.jpg

Day 113 (42|71) (21/04/19) Sunday

He is risen!

Where can we find hope that lasts? In Jesus! His resurrection gives us hope even in the darkest of times.

Happy Easter everyone ?

Day 114 (42|72) (22/04/19) Monday

Worked on the puzzle pretty much all day and then we went out as a family to the LIttle High Eatery for dinner. It's a small but popular food court and it was quite packed tonight because it was a public holiday. I had a Bacon Bros burger (Bernie) and to be honest it felt like I was eating a toastie ? it was filling, but for me, it just didn't live up to the hype. Perhaps I gotta try another burger next time.

bernie.jpg

Day 115 (42|73) (23/04/19) Tuesday

Since Friday after the two hits, my forearm has been sore (wrist flexion and extension is sore) and it has been worse since Sunday I think due to doing set up and pack up. I think it's tennis elbow and I'm giving it a rest. 

Spent the entire day finishing off the puzzle and... I lost 2 pieces and 2 don't really fit ? but eh good enough for me! Now I can start studying hahahahhaha

Edited by Guest

Day 116 (42|74) (24/04/19) Wednesday

I found the 2 missing pieces and all I had to do was swap the 2 pieces the didn't fit around pepega. So it's finally completed it and it looks PRETTY NICE~~~

CoastalBirdsPuzzle.jpg

Day 117 (42|75) (25/04/19) Thursday

Went for a walk at Washpen Falls! It was challenging (in a good way), took around 2 1/2 hours and the views including the waterfall were beautiful ?

20190425_144708.jpg

20190425_143611.jpg

20190425_150202_008_01.jpg

Day 118 (42|76) (26/04/19) Friday

So many things happened today! Went to see Avengers: Endgame and it absolutely blew me away! I was so engrossed the 3 hours flew right by! One of the best movies I've ever seen, and one I HAVE to rewatch! After the movie, a bunch of us went and had nachos and play party games! Also today: Hillsong UNITED's 'People' album came out and it's SOOOOO GOOOD ?