NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Gaming -> 1 On 1 Time With God

@JPAO

14 hours ago, JPAO said:

my current 'relationship' goal, is to devote the following year to growing closer to God

YAAS LETS GO DUDE!

Mmm that's unfortunate mate :(( defining the relationship (DTR) as well as constant communication is key. I'll be praying for your friend too, so awesome that your friend is doing mission!

14 hours ago, JPAO said:

missing people is totally my favourite

Same bro I know how you feel...

14 hours ago, JPAO said:

Also remember that we're supposed to take breaks and have fun, as long as all ifs for the glory of God, playing sports with your friends is definitely a good, so long as it doesn't take over your life.

True dat. I'll keep that with me :))

I'm glad I've met someone that appreciates twitch emotes too hahahaha much respect dude. POGGERS

Edited by Guest

Day 75 (42|33) (14/03/19) Thursday

Today was good! One guy made it to the action group social! Played with the frisbee and had some food afterward. A funny thing happened after, I heard a chair squeak and it sounded like a part of a song I've heard of, and I found it; Stardew Valley - Crystal Bells. Man hearing that song again reminded me of good times playing that game... and it makes me feel at ease. Also had a long deep chat with my man Jason, touching on the things I said yesterday and more. Blessed to have him with me, to journey together ❤️

Day 76 (42|34) (15/03/19) Friday

I had a dream about running away from terrorists. It seemed so inappropriate and unusual because it had had nothing to relate it to (my dreams are nearly always linked to events or thoughts). Then in the afternoon 2.5km away, The Mosque Attacks occurred. Thankfully my friends and family are okay, but many are not. It was only until late evening that I remembered my dream. It had to be from God. The timing was so perfect... I still cannot believe what has happened today, it's so shattering and absolutely heartbreaking. Praying hard. Love, not hate. Unity, not division. Kia kaha and God bless us all ❤️ 

Day 77 (42|35) (16/03/19) Saturday

Stayed at home today, got a bit of study done. But it was difficult because of yesterday's event, that was all I could think of. Heard a few ambulance sirens today ? I felt like I should've been physically helping out... but yeah spiritually I'm still praying hard. God is listening. He is in control and it's in His loving hands. Stay strong everyone, kia kaha ❤️

Day 78 (42|36) (17/03/19) Sunday

Parents went to church in the morning, but mum felt very lightheaded so they left early and went to the hospital. She had tests done on her and she had a nap. She felt a lot better after, and she was released shortly after. I've started learning Stardew Valley - Mines (Crystal Bells) on the piano, despite having no previous experience playing piano (I love the track so muchhh).  My technique is AWFUL but I can now play the first 40 seconds ? God provided in Church, it was what I needed. Before it, I felt helpless and not in the space to share God's love.  We went through Psalm 13 and 46. God is our refuge. Also Luke 10:25-37 (The Parable of the Good Samaritan). Love your neighbor. I've found that really hard at the moment. I was reminded that Jesus loves everyone, those who are different, all races and types. It is easy for the temptation of fear to overcome us, to dictate us. But this passage really encouraged me to, in the name of Christ and in His love, go out and share His love, and to stand with the Muslim Community. ❤️

Day 79 (42|37) (18/03/19) Monday

We had a vigil on campus midday and it was really powerful. Everyone came to it, and it was incredible to see. We stood united, as one. And after that, there was a wall to write messages on ribbons and lay flowers, which was a really thoughtful idea. Everyone was looking out for each other, comforting one another, a lot of hugs also. There has been a lot of support from the university; the lecturers, course co-ordinators, vice-chancellor, president of our student association... And despite the best efforts to bring hate and divide to our country, what has come out of it has only been hope and unity! Praise God!

20190318_kiakaka_bestrong.jpg

Day 80 (42|38) (19/03/19) Tuesday

Talked to a lot about how I was feeling and heard from a lot of people too. It was good to talk about it. A lot of different feelings, but most were struggling to do the usual activities, like me. I want to share the hope that I have in Christ, but I want to do so in a respectful and gentle manner.

Psalm 42, Matthew 11:28-30.

Day 81 (42|39) (20/03/19) Wednesday

My cough has gotten worse this past week, peaked today. I think it's due to what happened on Friday. Today I had very little will to do anything, especially study. This is due to a lot of things, thinking about the event, hearing from other people about how they're feeling, workload and lack of sleep. I managed to get through all my lectures and go sharing, and I thank my partner for leading because I didn't have it in me. I then went home and slept. The desire to game, to escape from it all, was strong and imminent but knowing that it doesn't help has prevented it from happening. I had to constantly remind myself today, 'God is my refuge and strength'.

Gawvi - With You

Day 82 (42|40) (21/03/19) Thursday

After I wrote yesterday's post, I watched videos of Francis Chan and I realized how devoted he is to God, and he's been through so much but he has still clung tightly to God and as a result, God produced so much good fruit in him! It really encouraged me and put my situation into perspective. Also, looking back on the project I went on and seeing God work so powerfully there reminded me that He is still working now especially through this tough time. And it brought a lot of memories, man I miss it SOOOO much ? At the time, I thought it was a good time, but looking back at it, it was, in fact, the BEST time; THE BEST 2 WEEKS OF MY LIFE! It was such a pivotal moment in my life! It was a glimpse of heaven... Big ups to Joel, he did an absolutely amazing job!!! ? The shooting ? music ? and the crisp editing brooo it was honestly PERFECT! It made me SO happy! Thank you so much, you really captured the experience ❤️ #putitonrepeat!!

I had a vivid nightmare. It was 'episode 2' (the first episode was a while ago). The 'series' is pretty weird, it's about a half-worm, half-dog (black and white Jack Russell) that our family owned.  In episode 1, it escaped underground and in episode 2, a while later, we saw that the ground was bulging by our house and street, so we knew that it was humungous and our family was fearing for the lives of everybody (like it was the end of the world). So I told everyone that we had 10 minutes to pack and then we'd get in the car. I opened a suitcase and tried to stuff essential meds into the pockets of my shorts, and then I woke up. It was a typical dream I'd have, with aspects from real life, a real setting, items and/or people from real life. But I still don't know why a worm-dog, and a black and white Jack Russell specifically.

I was worried because today after 4 hours of lectures, I was meeting up with Emad, then our first Action Group! Then my bible study leader/brother after and last was my explore guy, so 8 hours back to back LOL. But it was so good, each and every one of them! Action Group went really well  ? God really pulled me through, with joy and thanksgiving! Even after all that socializing, I still was pretty energized! Am I an extrovert now!?  ?

(Oh yeah last Friday I told the person in charge that I cheated in the quiz 2 weeks ago, and he still gave me 50%! Praise God for His grace!) 

Day 83 (42|41) (22/03/19) Friday

No dreams last night, which I was kind of relieved at. The Forestry department had its first pancakes event which was really nice of them! I think all the staff was there, it was a massive setup! The pancakes were really fluffy AND they had good Canadian maple syrup ? In the afternoon we went to go see a cable logging operation, but the yarder was down so we didn't couldn't it in action. We missed the moment of silence for the mosque shootings ?

Day 84 (42|42) (23/03/19) Saturday

Stayed at home today. I was wanting to get a lot of studies done but ended up spending most of my time on youtube ? feelsbadman. My cough is getting better though ?

Day 85 (42|43) (24/03/19) Sunday

Yooo surpassed my previous streak of 42 days! I've been tempted a lot to get back into it, by watching youtube videos so I need to stop! I went to the morning service with my parents because of the vigil was at the same time as the evening service. The sermon was really good! It was on Matthew 11:1-19 (When Doubt Strikes). Jesus is aware that people will have questions. Doubt can be a doorway to a more robust faith! And when doubt strikes, reconsider the evidence and reconsider your doubt. Are you as skeptical of yourself as you are in Jesus?

"Lord I believe; help my unbelief!"

Please pray for the person I'm doing explore with (Cairo), he's tried reading Mark's gospel and it seems to be going in and out of his head; it's just 'words' to him. Pray that God will work in his heart to understand and help him realise the significance of His true and living word!

Day 86 (42|44) (25/03/19) Monday

I had a dream, pretty much it was me struggling to forgive people for doing wrong to me, which was interesting. It was quite a weird scenario; they were trying to take two of my fingers ? I feel like it could be related to my forgiveness to the perpetrator of the mosque attack. I have a test tomorrow and 3 next week (Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday) so it's crunch time LUL ?

Day 87 (42|45) (26/03/19) Tuesday

I've started a devotional on quiet time and it had this which I found really good: 1 - Slow down, stop the racing mind, become aware of God's presence. 2 - Pray for God's help (God does the opening). 3 - Read Scripture (not study, but read and reflect on it). 4 - Reflect on where you are right now, hear what God is saying to your soul. 5 - Pray.

Usually I'd go straight to 2 and do 3 and 4, but going through their framework (1-5) made my quiet time so much better!

My cheat sheet was super crammed for the test today LUL and it went really well! Praise God!!! I know I got one wrong but that's all good! 1 down, 3 to go! LETS GO DUDE

Day 88 (42|46) (27/03/19) Wednesday

It's now routine to have quiet times at the start and end of the day which is awesome ? and it's been really good, it constantly reminds myself that I have to depend on God and not get caught up in the real world. Oh yeah, and I found the perfect spot to study today! It was silent, had 2 power sockets, mild temperature and had a standing table ? I focused for 4 hours STRAIGHT, it's actually unbelievable! POGGERS

Day 89 (42|47) (28/03/19) Thursday

Today was going good until something happened (I am okay), and then I couldn’t concentrate much on anything after that.

Happy to hear that you're feeling better ? And while it isn't in a row (yet) CONGRATZ ON 90!

I'm an open ear should you ever need to talk

I'm supposed to be giving a Gospel reflection come Tuesday, and I'm having some trouble thinking of what to talk about. I think I had a good idea earlier while I was at work, but seems it got left behind in the dish pit or the like ?

Have a good day! We're all rootin fer ya!

Day 91 (42|49) (30/03/19) Saturday

Studied pretty much the whole day and became so exhausted,  munged as. In the late evening, I watched the Chengdu Hunters vs Vancouver Titans game out of boredom and because I was feeling pretty low... the commentary from Sideshow, Super and Avast on Ameng becoming a gigayottachad on Reinhardt and how he absolutely boomed Bumper was LEGENDARY! Haven't laughed so hard in a looooong time! Actually made my day hahaha

Day 92 (42|50) (31/03/19) Sunday

My friend from high school (who I haven't seen much since then) signed up to our upcoming camp! Turns out my friend met up with him last year through sharing and has been keeping in touch with him ever since! It's so incredible seeing God work like that; working in the background!

Day 93 (42|51) (01/04/19) Monday

April Fools day, but I saw no pranks, I think... monkaS. Most likely because everyone is too busy with tests and assignments hahaha ? I broke my streak of not missing a lecture DansGame, but hey I saved 25 mins ?‍♂️ This is just a one-off... kappa? Here is a freshly baked meme from yours truly, enjoy ?

expbrainlectures.JPG

Edited by Guest

Day 94 (42|52) (02/04/19) Tuesday

Missed a lecture agane... actually DansGame dude. My maths test had a few curveballs but overall went pretty smoothly. Watched the recording of the lecture on x2 speed ? A funny moment was hearing a bunch of people wheeze laughing for over 5 minutes which made myself and everyone else around laugh too! I rarely hear people wheeze-laugh but I love it!

Edited by Guest

Day 95 (42|53) (03/04/19) Wednesday

Did not miss my lecture YAY! The Solid Mechanics test bruhhhh they made it ridiculously hard, every curveball possible was thrown at us! It was weird because the previous 2 years were so easy and straight forward. I did manage to scrape answers for all the questions, but I'm not very confident that they're correct. I got my results from the Materials test last week and yeah it was great WEOW so surprised! PRAISE GOD

Edited by Guest

Day 96 (42|54) (04/04/19) Thursday

Stayed up late studying for my final test on Friday and so missed 2 lectures cause I couldn't wake up early enough ? Had a lotta meet-ups as well as AG which was real goood - full house, everybody was there for the first time! Oh yeah something cool I learned was that the reason why people use ~~~ is to indicate in their message that they're happy! Got a haircut (feels so good to have short hair again) Then studied a bit then went to God in the Pub for the first time and the topic was Jesus, the God of Easter? I was really cruisy but very informative.

Edited by Guest