NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

I feel like a failure.

carterw

Last year I realized I had a problem. I was gaming 5-10 hours a day, lying to my family about how much I was playing and I decided to change when summer started. It was so hard at first because my friends would always text about how much fun they had and how they miss me. I ignored it and it became the best summer I ever had. I found new friends who wanted to go to hiking and running and I loved it. I had not touched any game for a whole 100 days. Then my sophomore year started. My friends convinced me to come back and play in moderation. I regret this so much now. I now am getting horrible grades, I got kicked off the football team, my life isn’t where I want it to be, and I get bullied at school because I’m not confident. I now game 5-10 hours a day and I feel horrible. I found this community last year and I’m now coming back to it for support because I’m trying to quit but it’s so difficult to stop because I use it to not be depressed.

• Like 3

Hi, start telling us how you feel and share your progress, even if you relapsed, start again. Don't be afraid, quitting something especially when you're addicted to it and you use it to run away from real life can be very hard. But it is possible. 

Good luck.

Start building your strong version. Be disciplined, make your bed and brush your teeth on daily basis. Exercise if you can almost everyday. Fuck other people and their opinions. Thats bullshit. The most important person is you and your attitude to life. Cut off bullshit like news, gaming, series and try listen podcast, read articles etc. Remember action is important. Action=Reaction. Discipline Equals Freedom. You are good enough. Love yourself unconditionally. Change enviroment to stimulate your will to change. If I can do this. If 1000 people can do this. You are not exception.

Hello! 

Hiding in a game world won't change anything for you. So try and get back to life. You will make it.

What you feed to your mind is going to determine what you think. Get rid of gaming related content such as news, streams, social media groups. This will help you a lot. 

• Like 1

Hi, 

I tried quitting last may and lasted until September before I tried moderation. I started showing up late to work, not talking to friends, and eventually played for 12 hours a day again. 

I wanted to post my story of how that happened here. It's at the bottom of page 2 or near it called coming to grips. 

Moderation issue

Gaming in moderation does not work. I've been free for 15 weeks now and I still have good and bad months, not days, but months of depression etc. I'm still better without gaming. 

You gotta be honest with yourself and make the commitment. 

Matt

Also, your gamer friends don't care that you're struggling with gaming. They just want you there so they can be more comfortable gaming and avoiding their problems. Look at them as if you were looking at drug addicts hanging out with other drug addicts or a drunk telling you to hang out with them at the bar. Cut ties with them. They're anchors who will hold you back from succeeding in life. 

Thank you for all the kind reply’s! I’m gonna do it, today will be my first day of quitting again. I’m headed to school so I’m going to tell all my gaming buddies my plan to quit. Hopefully all will go well, I will keep you guys updated!

• Like 2