Looking for someone from the UK: Details

Quitting two things at once is never easy.  But when you're successful, I think the payoff will be twice as good.  I was definitely a little stressed/edgy when I quit smoking.  It's been a few years now and I don't crave it at all.  I feel much healthier and happier without it.  I hope that works for you as well.

• Like 1

Day 8?

Today's Progress

• I had a minor relapse and i'm not sure weather to count it. I opened a game, set up the settings, customisations and things. Then when I got in the game, I didn't even take a first move. I just quit because I want something meaningful to reflect real progress.
  • Impulsivity. I'm mad that my parent ignored me and left without me to go somewhere.
  • Need to rethink and take time away
  • Like 1

That's not a relapse ! If you set up a chess game and do not make a move, you didn't play it. You didn't relapse, you kept control. That's something, I would have surely relapse in your place. I'm being curious and it would be interesting for your detox : why did you open that game ?

• Like 1

Day 0

RELAPSE

• I kept gaming yesterday and today. I found that i'm more drawn to games with social interaction now.
  • Today i've made the choice to start day 1 tomorrow.
  • I only played 30 mins (A new record!) until I got mindnumbingly bored. I would much rather play an instrument, find new music ect. than keep on gaming.
  • Although my playtimes are much shorter now, I still want to quit gaming for 90 days. If I kept gaming, I would likely fall back into gaming for hours with no progress in life. I also don't want to rely on gaming to make me happy or be used as a 'reward'.
  • I notice with any addiction I get - if I go just a few hours without it, I'll get mad and restless.
  • Gaming is like a baby's pacifier.
  • Like 1

Day 1

Today's Progress

• I've had a really good day. I managed to stay in class for the entire day, kept busy and learnt a lot of new things.
  • Changes I made: Having real breakfast and doing some exercise before school. Really boosted my mood!
  • I've got a lot of work to do over the next few weeks. I'm going to take my friday (off day) to get ahead and study more for school.
  • Looking forward to the weekend, time off to finally revise my goals, steps and habits in full again.

Thankyou all for the support!!

• Like 2

I love how you managed that relapse. It only lasted 2 days, you hated it and you're immediately back on track. Really shows how determined you are.

• Like 1

Day 2

Today's Progress

• I'm glad I made the choice to have my sibling make and keep a new password on my gaming account. Otherwise, i'd be relapsing again.
  • I feel incredibly bored, which is always a phase in stopgaming.
  • At least I get a good few days alone haha