NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

I feel like quitting is hard with lack of support

TwoSidedLife

I see these forums and they seem so dead to me and it makes me lose hope in quitting.

Discord chat seems really random and theres not much support offered there either. Not to mention huge timezone differences.

It just feels like addicts trying to help addicts, but a lot of ppl are afraid to give advice or something idk. This community is so quiet it scares me tho. Thats just my 2 cents. Im not a fan of reddit but these forums should be better than reddit imo. Standalone and seperate from third parties. Its harder to quit gaming on reddit since its distracting.

Quitting would be way easier with more online support though. Quitting feels a bit pointless where theres nobody to back you up.

• Like 1

Sometimes I feel the same way. Many times in the past I would join a community and then leave soon after because hardly anyone was active. 

I'm just one person, but I am willing to stay in contact with you (just shoot a pm). Past me never had that opportunity, and I hope to extend that opportunity to you.

• Like 1

Hi TwoSidedLife! 

Game Quitters is pretty active community.  People are afraid to give advice? Are you kidding me? Try be active at first. Write your journal. Ask community about anything you will got answer. I was there too waiting for miracle. But nothing happend at all. Pick up your ass up and start doing something. If you be that person who dont do anything and always seek help from others about everything. Happy Christmas. Expect very hard times. Maybe you will dive in this fucking dark pit where is even harder climb up. I dont know you but I will give you some tips.

1. If you know that you can't help yourself with internet advices, community, books etc. seek professional help. It's worth it. 

2. Discipline. Everything start with discipline. From making your bed daily, brushing teeth to exercise and so on. 

3. Check Respawn from Cam. Pretty good material usable for every addcition I guess

4. Start loving yourself unconditionally

Edited by Guest

Was feeling pretty down when I wrote this, guess I just dont come around much. Ive definitely got social things to work on myself. Ive had a psycholigist for 5 years for other issues. Hasnt been an easy road for me. Nobody really has it the easy way.

Game quitters are the only ppl that know how addicting games are. Its not addicting till you really try to quit.

I'll start writing my journal here again, since im starting again. Thanks for the reassurance.

• Like 1

I think there are a lot of members on here that come and go, many might not stick to quitting and leave after a few days. So like everything else in life, we need to just show ourselves and the more we show, we are willing to work for it, the more "interesting" we will be and the more attention we will get. ?

Writing in the Journal felt like a great start for me, it took a bit of posting on other posts and writing my updates and it got more and more attention. I feel now that i post an update and i get a like or a reply, either a question, suggestion or just a positive boost in my progress and even on days when i get no response it just makes me wanting to progress more and post the next day update, to share my progress. ? 

Keep it up, keep fighting and if you ever feel like you're to isolated on here, feel free to reach out and ask for some helping hands. 
If it helps you sticking to the quitting, maybe we can even make a small support group on the forum here, helping each other by daily reading up on journal posts and commenting, just to keep eachother going forward. ?