Looking for someone from the UK: Details

Lei

3 Months Of Improvement

Day 0

Hey everyone,
this is my first post in this journal. 

I'm creating this so so you can understand my later posts better.

Goal for the next month: Wake up at 6am every day
Goal for the next 3 months: Stop playing video games and succeed (more) in Real Life (mainly improve my GPA and get a job) and start my own blog

Habits (I want to establish):

1. Go to the gym every second day (at least)
  2. Wake up at 6am every morning
  3. Practice the piano for thirty minutes every day
  4. Use my Bullet Journal (bulletjournal.com - check it out!) regularly and create a post on GameQuitters every day
  5. Practice my swings on the Driving Range every weekend (Yes, I do indeed play golf)

Why am I doing this challenge?
I am currently in my senior year of high school. I do plan to study law in Singapore (I'm from Europe) and live in Asia. I know that I have the potential to follow my dream, but I always wasted my time playing video games and therefore my grades are only average (to study at a prestigous university in Singapore, you need excellent grades). 
I will keep this part a bit shorter - if you want more details, just ask.

So that's it - see you tomorrow!
Lei 雷

• Like 2

Welcome to the journals! Getting an early, productive start to the day snowballs in a great way. It's easier to be "successful" when you start with momentum! From my own experience, the gym has been very helpful in increasing my self-confidence, challenging myself, and gaining a sense of consistent progress and achievement. I hope you may experience something similar!

Welcome!

The getting up nice and early is a good goal haha, https://medium.com/thrive-global/you-make-or-break-your-life-between-5-7-am-a7f4125e1326 is an article all about such.

Careful about trying to change your life too much all at once, and make sure you don't push too hard at the gym; when you don't rotate your workouts or overdo specific muscles and get injured your motivation plummets instantly.

That being said I wish you all the best!

Enjoy the ride 🙂

Hello, Lei! I am technically in high school, but I am currently studying in a country outside of my home country. Good luck on the challenge!

Hey, @Lea - that‘s cool! Where are you studying? Spent my summer break studying English in Bangkok and Shanghai (but the teachers were natives!!)

• Like 1

@Brian Yes! Have been going to the gym two times a week for the last few months and it felt already really good after the workouts - that‘s why I want to intensify it to 3-4 times a week.

Day 1 (01/28/19)

Fell asleep (night before): 12:45am
Woke up: 8:00am (scheduled it like this; I cant just make the 6am-change in one day haha)

Summary: School was pretty easy... mandatory sports lessons in the morning and some chemistry and French in the afternoon
Went at home, ate something and then went to gym
Now I'm working on school stuff (French exam tomorrow, history presentation on wednesdasy...) but I'm not really productive - gotta improve there
Will keep working on this stuff till 12am - need to fall asleep at 12:45am to wake up at 7am (calculating this with sleepyti.me)

Sports: about 2.25h (90' mandatory sports class + 45' gym)

Video games: Didn't play now for over 24h, but I don't feel like I need to... no cravings - everything OK right now

Good things today: Did tons of sports today 🙂

Problems today: My friends. One of my best friends is really into CS (we played a lot together) - and he therefore asked me if we are going to play tonight
said "no, gotta some assignments to finish" - but that excuse won't last for long. Can you help me with that? No idea what I should tell him...

Improvement for tomorrow: I need to block YouTube from my iPad / only allow it for certain times - keep wasting time on there

need get back to work now - greets, Lei 雷

• Like 1

Day 2 (01/29/19)

Fell asleep (night before): 12:30am
Woke up: 6:45am

Short post today - I'm really busy

Summary: School from 8am to 5pm. Since then I've been working on my history presentation. Now have another two hours to finish it, write a summary for my history exam in two days and start learning math for the exam on friday. 

Sports: none (too busy with that history presentation)

Video games: Didn't play again... feels good not to

Good things today: When I woke up, I got up immediately (didn't snooze or sth like that)
... couldn't think of more ...

Problems today: [DISCLAIMER: start this song before you read: listen]

Spoiler

Just found out, that the girl I planned to ask out (kinda had a crush on her), already has a boyfriend.
feelsbadman 😞

seriously, dating sucks so much in Europe. Clubs min. age 18 and if you try to bribe the guy on the entry, the police will fu*k you... I think I've dated more Swiss girls in the time I was at the Swiss School in Bangkok than in my entire life in Switzerland. Feelsbadman #2

it's just really frustrating...

Improvement for tomorrow: I need to get to work faster after school

Greets, Lei 雷

• Like 1

Day 3 (01/30/19)

Fell asleep (night before): 01:15am
Woke up: 07:15am

Not much to say. Been busy all night and still am, math exam on friday and history exam tomorrow (Sovjet Revolution - I hate you.)

Sports: none (too busy again, tomorrow I'll hopefully have time)

Video games: nope.

Good things today: couldn't think of anything. studying all day.

Problems today: Feeling incredibly tired. normal student's life.

Improvement for tomorrow: study.... more??

cya, Lei 雷

• Like 1