NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

What games do you usually play before doing the 90-day detox?

Lea

Guys, I actually wonder what games you were playing before you quit them. This is especially for the games that got you addicted to gaming. As for me, the games I used to play for a long time are Bakery Story, Covet Fashion, LINE Play, I Love Coffee, and The Sims.

What about you guys?

Edited by Lea

Lea I think that is not good theme here on GQ. Even talking about games give me  feelings of nostalgia, and this can be a problem because these emotions create cravings to play.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/18/2019 at 4:26 PM, Lea said:

Guys, I actually wonder what games you were playing before you quit them. This is especially for the games that got you addicted to gaming. As for me, the games I used to play for a long time are Bakery Story, Covet Fashion, LINE Play, I Love Coffee, and The Sims.

What about you guys?

I used to play manitgames for 2 months. 

• 1 month later...

No, I think that it is actually better to talk about the problem instead of trying to hide the reasons. I guess that's why we all here and try to refuse gaming.

I really suffered from long sessions, playing MOBAs like Dota 2, LoL and some online shooters like Overwatch. I've been playing them for seven years. But now all these games are deleted from my computer and I feel much better! I started my own business (I draw digital art) and promote it in social media. If you're interested, I'll give you a link. And for those, who try to promote their services in social media, I have a recommendation. There's a good app: https://zen-promo.com/instagram_auto_direct_message for managing Instagram accounts, it really helped me to attract real followers - people, who are interested in my art and my work. I'm really thankful for that.

Don't be afraid to be yourselves and name the reasons! Otherwise you won't notice how you lose real life possibilities again.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with @hahahacutie , I don't think it's very productive to constantly be in fear of video games because of what might happen if we pick one up again. I think it's better to accept and be at peace with whatever reality you're currently in.

I was playing Terraria, Starbound and Fallout 4 before I quit, and a couple of weeks ago I had started playing Terraria once again, on and off. I think I've managed to overcome the anxiety and insecurities that caused that to happen, but I am still considering what to do with my save file. I understand the value of deleting your save files and games, but at the same time, I am also considering if I can find a way to integrate the video game into the way I reward myself for the good things that I do.

I've come to accept that I had simply replaced video games with other forms of mindless entertainment (like Netflix) and tricked myself into thinking things were going good. The reality is that there are so many better and more productive ways to spend our time, but I've accepted that to integrate those better and more productive things is going to require a major shift in the way I think about entertainment. Allowing myself the occasional video game as a stop gap measure until that shift occurs seems to be something that could work for me.