NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My life starts now.

ketias

DAY 0 

Time I woke up: 4.30 AM

Time I went to sleep yesterday:  11.30 PM

Day 0 was my last day as a gamer from years of 5 hours of sleep, about 8 hours of work on week days and 11 hours of gaming. 
This will be my daily reminder to never revert to Day 0, to get more sleep and to start living my life those remaining 8-9 hours. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAY 1 - 

Time I woke up: 4:30 AM

Time I went to sleep yesterday:  9:00 PM

Forgot how many reminders of gaming there are daily. 

It will be a tough evening, with many urges, but I must say having this forum, made it my new virtual goal, to be able to say daily that I made it another day without gaming. 

Made it through the day. Day 1 complete. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by ketias
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Deku said:

Welcome and best of luck! You’ve definitely made the right decision to quit games ?

Have you thought about what to do with all the time you’ve got now? 

for starters i need to take my drivers license, its been put on hold for 15 years now (thanks to games), after that i need to find something to do. 
Maybe start up some fitness and get this gamer belly worked off hehe 

@ketias

For loosing that belly you need to fix 2 things: fitness activity and diet

For fitness activity try jogging or downloading sports apps. Some programs (like samsung health) tracks how many foot steps you go everyday, so try walking 6k steps daily. It will help not only loosing some calories, but also with spending free time.

And for diet, try eating a little bit more healthy!(i know, it sounds to obvious). But you should change one thing at a time, dont try to cut all junk and unhealthy food suddenly. After day or two you will break down and start eating everything again. To avoid this, start changing only breakfast for example, eat vegetable, fruits or low callories food and for dinner and supper eat everything you desire. This will help to build you a habit and adapt towards healthier lifestyle. After some time you will be confident enough to change dinner or supper. Also, counting callories will help to spend free time

Btw, welcome to the community and keep it going pal!

• Like 1

DAY 2 - 

Time I woke up: 5:00 AM

Time I went to sleep yesterday:  9.30 PM

Goals: 

• Making the apartment, presentable again.
  • Drivers License
  • Learning French
  • Getting in better shape
  • Start Playing Golf again
  • Socialize (without excuses for leaving early)

Slept half an hour more, since I didn't need to login somewhere and do a quick daily online chore. I do feel like I took a big step, as my computer was not even on yesterday. It will have to be today though, for work related stuff. 

To my luck, my apartment complex has a container coming tomorrow, so perfect timing for some basement cleaning, to help pass time. I have to admit I fear for the weekend, which is when I have relapsed the previous times.  So I will be trying to plan activities for both Saturday and Sunday, tomorrow. 

I do feel the urge to play, the restlessness and the thinking of "whats going on in game right now, wonder what the guild is doing". 

• Like 3

DAY 3 - 

Time I woke up: 9:00 AM

Time I went to sleep yesterday:  11.00 PM

Goals: 

• Making the apartment, presentable again. - In Progress!
  • Drivers License
  • Learning French
  • Getting in better shape
    • Walk at least 6k steps per day
    • 1h Cross-fit per day (time to use that unused cross-fit machine i bought 2 years ago ?)
  • Socialize

First day off work, to do some cleaning, as we have a container available today. The temptation has been strong, to skip cleaning and doing something on the computer instead. 
But i managed to get some of all the larger stuff out that has been cluttering up in the basement and to do some heavy cleaning in the apartment and throw out some old stuff to make room for new.
Only half way through the day, but once i got started on the cleaning and i could see the changes, it got easier. ? Now its time for a lunch break, to get some energy for the rest of the cleaning. 

Amazing how long a day suddenly feels. I managed so much today, that i have always said there was no time for. ?

Edited by ketias
  • Like 5

DAY 4 - 

Time I woke up: 5:00 AM

Time I went to sleep yesterday:  11.00 PM

Goals: 

• Drivers License
  • Learning French
  • Getting in better shape - In Progress!
    • 1h Fitness per day
  • Socialize

Got me a Fitbit Charge 3 today, as my old watch didnt have to good a counter on it, since i could take almost 1000 steps by typing on my keyboard ( im not a hard typer ) ?
So starting out with a goal of 6000 steps per day and may adjust it upwards depending on how easy that goal is. 

Apartment looks like a bomb crater right now, guess with a lot of spare time, it went from tiding up, to moving around and throwing out.... but its progress either way ? 

Next 2 days are what i fear the most, previous attempts to stop, have all failed in the weekend. I hope i can manage through the day without to many temptations. 

Edited by ketias
  • Like 3

Can I ask you what's your job and what you don't like about it? It's because in your first post you mentioned living your life in the "other 8-9 hours", implying that when you're working you're feeling like you're not living your life. Maybe in that answer there's the key to more happiness? I don't know. In the meanwhile, congrats for taking a difficult but rewarding decision. As you've already seen, days seem much longer, sleep is better and there's a lot of other perks you'll discover with time. You can think of them as real-life achievements ?

3 minutes ago, info-gatherer said:

Can I ask you what's your job and what you don't like about it? It's because in your first post you mentioned living your life in the "other 8-9 hours", implying that when you're working you're feeling like you're not living your life. Maybe in that answer there's the key to more happiness? I don't know. In the meanwhile, congrats for taking a difficult but rewarding decision. As you've already seen, days seem much longer, sleep is better and there's a lot of other perks you'll discover with time. You can think of them as real-life achievements ?

oh i didn't mean for it to sound like i didn't like my job. ? i just meant that i wanted to "live my life" in those 8-9 hours, rather then wasting them on a game.
I do love my job, which is one of the reasons i had no problem prioritizing that over gaming, thankfully.  I work as Internal IT service and i love working with IT and helping people, so its an amazing job for me. Plus it keeps me busy from the second i meet, till i leave the office, always new challenges and never 2 days alike. ? 

• Like 4

DAY 5 - 

Time I woke up: 9:00 AM

Time I went to sleep yesterday:  11.30 PM

Goals: 

• Drivers License
  • Learning French
  • Getting in better shape  - In Progress!
    • 1h Fitness per day
  • Socialize

Weekend was not as tough as expected in it self. However I do feel like any movie I watch gives me the feeling of wanting to play a game for the same "adventure". 

Doesn't get exactly 6k steps in today, but 5000 so close for a beginning. ?

Edited by ketias
  • Like 3

Oh my mistake, it is hehe

I put the in progress to far down. ?

Its "only" an hour on a Cross-trainer, since i have had one for 2 years and never used (maybe 3-4 times hehe). Gonna work my way to a center at some point, just gotta handle some social anxiety problems when it comes to such activities. 

Edited by ketias
  • Like 2

DAY 6 - 

Time I woke up: 9:30 AM

Time I went to sleep yesterday:  00.30 PM

Goals: 

• Drivers License
  • Learning French
    • 1h Fitness per day
  • Socialize

Saturday was easy, Sunday turned out a lot harder. Raining like crazy, so a whole day inside, got reminded of the first game I played, when I saw a video about an emulator for it came out. Been fighting the idea of installing it, for most of the day. Driving me crazy. 

gonna turn early to bed. ? 

Edited by ketias
  • Like 1

DAY 7 - First week completed

Time I woke up: 4:30 AM

Time I went to sleep yesterday:  09.00 PM

Goals: 

• Drivers License
  • Learning French
    • 1h Fitness per day
  • Socialize

First week completed. Was nice to get back to work, to keep part of the day busy with work. 
For the next weekend, i will have to start on some of the other goals and maybe set a few more to entertain the full weekend. 
Not much else to update, was a busy day with work and came home late due to a "light" snow storm and public transport ? 

• Like 2

DAY 8 - 

Time I woke up: 4:00 AM

Time I went to sleep yesterday:  09.00 PM

Goals: 

• Making the apartment, presentable again. - In Progress!
  • Drivers License
  • Learning French
    • 1h Fitness per day
  • Socialize

Headache all day, blah.... but one way to stay away from the computer i guess. 
found out that i better put Instagram and facebook on the shelf to, since those seemed to be taking more and more time as well, now that there was no gaming. 
Last day at work tomorrow before a weeks vacation, to really get started on goals and test a full week, without work to distract me.  

• Like 2

DAY 14 - 

Time I woke up: 10:00 AM

Time I went to sleep yesterday:  01.00 PM

Goals: 

• Making the apartment, presentable again. - In Progress!
  • Drivers License - In Progress!
  • Learning French - In Progress!
    • 1h Fitness per day
  • Socialize

a Weeks vacation was a bad idea. so much available time, so luring to play again. 
So ended up going to my grandparents summer house, bit cold there in the winter hehe but there is no internet and it was a nice week totally without internet access. ?

Back home again now and 2 days left of vacation.

i can't say its become more easy, catch myself thinking about a game or what i should have tried in a game. It's not until you stop, you really realize how addictive it really is.

• Like 1

For the first time since I started this 90 days without, I felt like gaming recently after seeing some ads for a game that I'd played before but never really gotten into. 

I don't have any sort of easy access to games at all, but I've started to feel the occasional nostalgia for when I used to play with my brothers and stuff (which is when my gaming was still healthy). I'm starting to really hope I can be the plays in moderation type, but I know that's somewhat unrealistic.

I'm starting to really enjoy studying and such however so it keeps me occupied.

Once again, PM me if you have any questions about French