NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Quit Fortnite for the New Year

Danny

Hey everyone. For the new year I'm quitting Fortnite, which was causing me to stay up really late each night obsessively playing. A few years back I had to have CounterStrike removed from my Steam account for having a similar issue.

I've been a fan of Cam's podcast and website and am looking forward to developing some new hobbies that get me out of the house more. Good to be here.

• Like 3

Hey Cam! If you haven't already covered this I'd be curious if other people who have stopped gaming still feel the impulse to do things like read about gaming culture, watch twitch streams, and do other peripheral things. I guess I'm interested in games from an anthropological perspective— I had a previous job working at a VRcade where I saw a strong sense of community and positive impact like people using games to get over their real-life fears. I am telling myself that as long as I'm not the one gaming it's ok but maybe I'm deluding myself! Cheers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Danny said:

Hey Cam! If you haven't already covered this I'd be curious if other people who have stopped gaming still feel the impulse to do things like read about gaming culture, watch twitch streams, and do other peripheral things. I guess I'm interested in games from an anthropological perspective— I had a previous job working at a VRcade where I saw a strong sense of community and positive impact like people using games to get over their real-life fears. I am telling myself that as long as I'm not the one gaming it's ok but maybe I'm deluding myself! Cheers.

Yes it's very common and something I recommend getting as much distance from during your 90 day detox at least. It can easily trigger you or be used as justifications - For instance: "I'm watching games anyways, I might as well play them."