NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

The dreamer

gui788

Hello,

My name is Guillaume and I am from Montreal. I’m 30 years old and I have been playing games since 13.

First of all, French is my main language, so feel free to help me write better and correct me with any syntax, errors, words etc.

Today, I have deleted all my games and throw my computer in the basement for the first time in my life. There's some period where I quit gaming for a moment but then comeback, so it's a perpetual negative circle. From my perspective, I lost many opportunities of finding friends, hobbies, passion and learning new things from the real life, I think it would have helped me to know myself better. I have no friends, I’m unemployed and I didn't experience much in life. Gaming made me escape the struggle of life when I was younger and It still goes on after all these years.

But it’s okay, I always try to stay positive about the good things I do. Over the years, I’ve trained a lot, I’m proud of my body, I meditate and I love to read self-help books. I feel good with my “inner self” but I struggle in the real life. I feel I didn’t find where I belong to and I want to find my mission in this life. Gaming didn’t help me reach my goals and my dreams, didn’t help me get things done, taking responsibilities and most important take actions for what I want. But everything will change from today.

Feel free to share your stories, asking me questions, I love to help.

Yesterday, was day one. I had the motivation, it was easy. I know it’s a positive change, I know I might struggle in a couple of weeks when motivation will slow down and brains will want to play, but I’m ready.

My goal for now

-Having healthy habits and a strong morning routine

- I want a good sleeping schedule

- Meditation and gym in the morning

- Start cooking healthy food

Mid/Long term.

-Having a job that I love

-Help people

-Starting a company to help people ( Maybe a resource for kids and parents about gaming addiction where i live)

-Travel
- Having friends in my life and socialize.

Edited by gui788
  • Like 3

Right decision.

I am with you, you can find my journal in this forum too. Read real stories in this forum is a big source of motivation and it helped me to take the decision 

I hope I could see your daily journal, I will do it also, I dont want to comeback to gaming period anymore.

90 days is my goal. come on.

• Like 1

Day 2

Really good day. Being positive, live the present moment and doing good things for me. I will sleep earlier and make a good sleep schedule. I plan on going to the gym early tomorrow  morning and meditate. I might read my book - atomic habits before going to bed.

I wish the best for everyone here.

DAY 3

Pretty good day: I woke up earlier, Done some meditation, had a good breakfast, went to the gym and i keep reading the book atomic habits. I want to build strong habits toward my goals. I like the book because it's really practical. I don' really think about gaming, i know i just started my journey and it's holidays but i know i made the right decision.

I don't really like all those Christmas party, i love seeing my family and give some news but i hate the small talk, sometimes, i feel like everyone put their mask and compare each other, judgmental and no one i really authentic. But it's okay, i usually go play with the children or the animals, Kids are so honest and i like their imaginations.

I feel good about my self and i keep doing good things for me.

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and much love

14 hours ago, wookieshark88 said:

How do you like atomic habits?  I think I might need to buy it at some point.  The holidays can be weird because you spend them with people that you normally would not spend time with.  Kids and pets are the way to go in those situations!

Hello, i have read power of habits before, but i find atomic habits more practical for day to day life. I really recommend it.

Day 4

I'm more tired and have less energy with all those party, I did some gaming dreams, when i woke up i feel a little bit weird about it, the sensation that i didn't quit.

I have always been the type of person to read, make plans, think about stuff and never transform all this in action. I find myself learning a lot by taking actions and and gaining life experience, after some introspection and being aware of what i didn't appreciate, i can improve with what I've read or changing my structure/plans etc. For 2019, I promise myself to do a lot of actions and initiative.

I'm really grateful about my life and the fact that i have the choice to do everything i want, all the possibility are open for me. I feel positive and i'm in the right direction.

• Like 1

Day 6

A much better day,  Gym, meditation, lot of reading. Went to a new gym but wasn't much impress, the atmosphere was cold.. I decide a new goal, each day, i will learn to type with the correct fingers positions to write faster and better. I also want to cook a little meal each day. I had some craving for gaming but did other tasks and it disappeared. 

In the evening, i kept smoking a joint and watching movies because i feel bored. I want to sleep earlier and woke up earlier. Pot makes me feel like shit when i woke up..

Overall, i'm doing better, i want to get a better sleep schedule for now and smoke less.

Much love and peace to everyone.

DAY 7

Feel tired and got the flu. i keep doing good things but i need some rest. Spend more time with my girlfriend. I might go skating for a little bit of exercises and going outside, taking sun.

I wish the best and so much love for everyone

18 hours ago, dirkj3 said:

I like your empowering journal posts!!

Thank you much

10 hours ago, Cam Adair said:

Hey Guillaume, hope you feel better buddy.

Thank you, i do feel better, much love to you and your family Cam. Happy Holidays!

Day 8

Still feel sick, did some chores and good little things for me, i need rest, each evening there's something going. My entourage talk a lot about video games since it's holidays, i don't think they understand why i'm doing that, seems some people just understand when they see the results or how you change.

I'm doing great ,i try to do better each day.

Edited by gui788
  • Like 1

DAY 9

Was really sick in the morning, had to take the subway/bus to go to a brunch far from where i live. Made the effort but it took me much energy. Really tired about going to someone place, i just want to stay home and take care. I keep reading and meditate but still smoke pot, watch movies and sleep too late. I really have to stop smoking when i'm bored and find something better for me. Maybe i should organised my day to be more productive but i have to rest too.

Wishing the best for all of you in here

18 hours ago, Cam Adair said:

I used to smoke pot to cure boredom as well. Identifying that I smoked pot just for "variety" helped me change - instead I could go to the gym or go for a run or something to feel different. Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbMjSLiEXj0

Yeah, i agree. I usually try to do the productive work in the morning, but in the late afternoon/evening, when i find my day "done", i always watch movies or read but with pot, movies are not the same, music is different, new sensation, ideas etc. I think instead of buying some, i will put the money in an account and use it for a trip with my girlfriend. I never traveled and i want to.

Day 10

Slow day, was a day to celebrate love and the end of the year with my girlfriend, went to see my brother and my nephew, love them. For the next days, i want a better morning routine and focus about finding a part time job close to where i live. I might replace smoking by reading some fantasy epic books instead of only self-help books, i have a great imagination and i like those kinds of books that can remind me some rpg's. Tomorrow, will be really good day.

2019 will be a great year for me, i will be a better version of myself and i wish the same for everyone. Write the life you want and do actions towards it.

Much love and peace to all.

• Like 1

DAY 11

Meditation/reading/taking a walk/doing chores in the morning. After that, instead of smoking, i got Brandon Sanderson: Mistborn trilogy books. Reading the first one, but i already really love the style. For the next days, i want to keep a journal near my bed and keep an eye on how i spend my days. I want to start cooking healthy meals for the week and take an hour to look at jobs for now. I need to sleep earlier also. I want to take actions I got this!

Positives vibes for everyone, you guys are the best.

• Like 1

Day 12

Started my morning with this routine for now. Meditation/stretching/reading/good breakfast and gym after. I usually woke up at 8h30 but i want it to be earlier.

I need to be productive in the morning, after gym, i feel a drop of energy and it's harder to complete things. I feel i can do more, i really have to start a journal.

Overall, i make little steps building a better life, it's positive.I know what i should do, i just gotta do it instead of too much thinking.

As always, much love and peace of mind

Day 13

Morning routine done. i'm making a gym program where i use Michael Matthews bigger stronger book for strength and max shank for flexibility, i like to combine these programs for max value. Days goes by fast and don't feel like i'm much productive, i'm feeling better, i started skating to go outside for the winter.

I made some progress but i want more, trying to live in the present moment and stop too much thinking.

Much love

• Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 11:30 AM, fawn_xoxo said:

You're doing great, continue taking action and looking into yourself. You're gonna progress really fast imho!

Thank you very much! I really wish you the best in your journey.

Day 14

It's been two weeks, i have a better morning routines, think less about video games. I still struggle at sleeping earlier, i like the quiet calm night time but i can find this feeling if i woke up around 5 am too and be more productive. My next goals are still the same, a better sleeping schedule, a journal with my daily tasks to be more productive with my time and taking actions and searching for a part time jobs. I'm doing great, trying to be more positive and find my place in this world. Almost done with Atomic Habits, a really helpful practical book.

Take care everyone!

• Like 1

DAY 15

Strong morning routines, never miss gym, i keep reading a lot. For the first time in years, I've been to a party, i don't drink alcohol and i hate small talk so i never find myself in the right place. It was the birthday of an old friend so i talked to him a bit, was great. I'm also the kind of guy who use humoristic process (sarcastic,irony, words game etc) to make people laugh, people enjoy my company but i prefer having great conversation and party are not really the place for that. Overall, it was good for me to see some people and have some social.

I'm feeling good, more energy, I've started taking cold shower for the discomfort, it's hard but i like that and i see the benefits. I also took a course in university to finish my bachelor's degree, i might get it this summer, it's a good decision. I never regret the fact that i did quit gaming, there's way more positive outcome and the best is yet to come. I love myself, i love my life more, i want to reach my dreams and i want to be happy.

Sending love and positive vibes to everyone!

Edited by gui788
  • Like 1

Day 16

A good day, did my morning routines and some task/cooking for the week. I read a lot these days as well as skating outside.

My life is great, i want more and taking actions is the best way to go.. It's going well. I keep trying to live in the present moment, the power of now by Eckhart Tolle is a must about that philosophy of life.

Much love.

• Like 1

Day 17-18-19

We went outside town for my GF birthday with her parents and brother, in a cabin in the wood. Did some sports and walked a lot in the nature, was really calm, i really like the energy coming from the nature. We play some board games and talked about life, was great.

Day 20

Back home, Starting my morning routine, waking up a 7 am now, i''m following Christian Thibodeau best program for natty builder now, gonna track my progress. I keep struggling with weed in the evening when i'm bored and less energetic, always the same negative pattern, gotta find a way to stop. i know i can do everything i want but it's hard for me to take actions. When i was young, my mom used to do all the things for me and never let me try, now i'm lacking initiative but working on it.

Never stop, i got this.

Much love and peace of mind

• Like 1

Day 21

Always starting the day with my morning routine, Eating more healthy, my days feel the same, made a list but i'm not taking much actions, i always feel doing something fun like reading and days goes by fast. I need to find a way to complete things, little steps at time. I'm positive and feel good about me but i don't like how i am living this life, i feel i'm not in my place. It's all about taking actions and stop thinking i feel. I'm doing better than day 1. I also feel i need friends and some company not just my girlfriend, i feel loneliness and having some social with people with similar interest would help me. I feel i need to get out, going outside the comfort zone and meet people.

We got one life and it's now, Let's do this!

• Like 1

DAY 22

Strong morning routines as always, it almost became an habit now. Waking up-Meditation-stretching-Eating good breakfast and reading self-help books (almost done with atomic habits and work out in gym. For my workout, i note all my weight and how i felt,  i want to improve in reps-weight or rest period. I started cooking meals for the week since i'm eating more now, i feel really better by eating healthy and diminishing sugar and other junk foods. I'm more pro-active but i still stay in my comfort zone most of the time, i feel i need to take risk and not be afraid of failing, just learning and going toward my goals. I'm more positive and happy when the day is over and i feel I've been moving and taking actions, I owned the day.

I wish the best for all of us, keep going and much love!

Edited by gui788
  • Like 2