NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

[25 years old] after many attempt to quit

choijiah

Hello its Sunday, weather is very nice.

this is first day of 90 days no gaming that i decided i have to do. ( i have played online game since 2008. and that the thing i spent most of my free time for.)

Because of over-gaming i am now at a lower position of education,  relationship, job, family, health, beauty... than anyone who live without gaming. So i think enough is enough, no matter what it takes...

Oh. i have signed up for a netflix account for one month to get me through this hard time.

anyone here want to chit chat and keep us on track? pls feel free to comment. thanks.

this afternoon I am going outside.

Edited by choijiah
  • Like 2

Welcome and good luck! It's never too late to start something (especially if you're only 25), so I definitely think you made the right choice joining the forums.

What are you planning to do in your free time now that you've quit?

Dear,

First day past. What I do today is going outside and using FB to see new feeds. chatting with one friend in the game I played but no minute is for gaming...

So I made it...

I keep on watching films on internet and login FB to surf for news...

But I guess this it not productive right?

I will try to learn english tomorrow night after work.

So i can be more productive than just spending time on internet for entertainment.

I am seeing new generation of 2000 are very sucessful and happy in life while I feel shameful for my boring life... I could not come back to game anymore cause I will be left far behind in real life....

I think I will learn Tarrot. What do you think about it??? I am just curious about it...

Edited by choijiah

Hello, i'm proud of you, it's a good decision and you will see the benefit in the long term.

It's a good time to be alone with yourself and have some introspection and conversation to know who you really are without gaming.

I also suggest a strong morning routine, it set up a productive day. Training/sports, meditation, reading self-help book, a journal you keep and note your progression, emotions goals dreams etc. Just have to do little steps everyday and having a positive attitude. I think real life have so much to give.

I wish you the best,  we are both starting the 90 days challenge, I'll keep an eye on you ?

• Like 1

Hello!

Merry Christmas !!!!! 

Hi Gui788 and wookieshark88 thanks you all for supporting me. I am going outside alone tonight.... not like many nights playing game at home alone and say no to any invitation from friends and family...

I hope that in the end of this 90 days I could find someone else to go with me..

?

My goal today is to spend time outside and stay away from online game.

• Like 1

Merry Christmas and keep up your good work.

By doing positive things you will attract the positive. When you learn that you can be alone and feel really good, you embrace those moments and you don't envy anyone.

I started at the bottom when i was younger, Doing exercises/sports build up some confidence/self esteem, then you try new things, less fear and you attract what you really want.

Stay positive and keep doing what makes you feel good inside. I'm with you.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2018 at 7:07 AM, choijiah said:

Because of over-gaming i am now at a lower position of education,  relationship, job, family, health, beauty... than anyone who live without gaming. So i think enough is enough, no matter what it takes...

Just try again. But you have to be very serious about it if you want to succeed. Your life is not a game. We are here to support you.

• Like 1

Do you miss your gaming friends? You dont have to game with them, just chat if they mean something to you. But most of the time the friendship is over when u dont game -> no real friends

go get some real ones in real life. You can do that!!

Edited by Samon

Hey @choijiah, nice work getting back on the forums after a relapse! It's a new day. I read that you were feeling sad after gaming again and it also sounds like you were disappointed that you didn't make it to 90 days. Try to find the gaps in your plan. What caused your relapse? Emotions? Boredom? Was your barrier to entry too easy? Keep going. 

• Like 1

I feel that too - nostalgia from missing the good times. I'm pretty sure that's normal. It passes, although it's intense at times. I usually just sit and feel it and breath through it. Feelings don't last forever.

Ever thought about reaching out to your gaming friends and trying to connect with them in other ways? Even just online, chatting etc. 

Be well.