NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

seeking advice on cold turkey

Cobain

How I grow some balls and go cold turkey without giving a shit?

I dont have the balls to sell my pc or even throw it out or deleting my steam account

what are more gradual ways i can deal with this so i can quit already

Thanks in advance

I mean I understand that you cant sell pc etc. you do need it for work maybe etc.

but why are you afraid of selling steam acc or deleting it? I mean you want to never ever game again, right? So no need to keep it. Or what are your thoughts?

13 hours ago, Samon said:

I mean I understand that you cant sell pc etc. you do need it for work maybe etc.

but why are you afraid of selling steam acc or deleting it? I mean you want to never ever game again, right? So no need to keep it. Or what are your thoughts?

I can do all my work on an iPad honestly. 

Im not sure why I can’t just delete it, feels like a massive part of me. 

I thought I could do it cold turkey too, but it's not as easy as one would think. There's a large part of me that I listen to that says "well let's not get too hasty, maybe there's another way" 

Start small with cutting out online games and playing single-player games only. If you can manage after a few months, maybe you can cut out each game one by one until there's nothing left interesting to play.

That's what I'm trying anyway. If anyone else has other suggestions or ways to go about it, I'm open to it.

50 minutes ago, Rude said:

I thought I could do it cold turkey too, but it's not as easy as one would think. There's a large part of me that I listen to that says "well let's not get too hasty, maybe there's another way" 

Start small with cutting out online games and playing single-player games only. If you can manage after a few months, maybe you can cut out each game one by one until there's nothing left interesting to play.

That's what I'm trying anyway. If anyone else has other suggestions or ways to go about it, I'm open to it.

That’s exactly what I thought I should do, every single player game gets old eventually, I thought if I played the ones I’m making progress on now and beat them(or get tired of them) just not start any new ones since it will never end.

How long you been doing this?

@Cobain. it will never end. don't give yourself space to act on in the future. You're saying to yourself 'i can t play any games but singleplayer, and i cannot start new ones'. it will probably not hold up about not starting new ones. Your brain will go in fuck-everyone-and-everything and you will most likely start a new one. 

I don't know you though, i'm not saying and holding this against you in person. all i know is i just relapsed into a shit week of playing anno 1404. A single player game.  I could not stop. i binged it, 6 hour sleep and started again. i downloaded a trainer to make the game easier. i was roleplaying it for a small part (because i binged). again, i'm not saying you will do this, its however most likely. Your reptile brain will take over. you'll be in a shroud of pleasure and dopamine in no-time. Don't do this half ass. 

My last word. If you do this whole-ass, you ought to ask people after a couple of months, heck ask after one how they experience you. I'm always getting comments like "you're so much more present now, you're really social. You are laughing, enjoying things, i like you this way". Gaming will mute, muffle your emotions, reactions and what not.

@Rude you can do this. gotta start somewhere indeed. same question for you. ask some people how they experience you now versus a couple of months/1 month without gaming, redditing youtubeing. Come on man.

• Like 1