NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My New Chapter

Matt C

Hi guys, I'm a 23 year old third year Computer Science and Maths student who's first experience PC gaming at 7 was with Diablo 2 and Starcraft BW. I've given these sorts of posts a go before on On-Line Gamers Anonymous, but my resolve never sticks, although I'm really really committed (but say this every time) - this time I'm most cognizant of this being more than gaming.

I'll do my best to keep this brief and stick to what's relevant. I've been playing MOBAs for the last 4 years now, pretty much full on the second I began to play; although thinking about it now I had the ability to spend all day in the library at university, and then spend a few hours at night playing Heroes of the Storm - I've always had an addictive personality and have had extensive experience with Narcotics/Alcoholics Anonymous + eating disorders.

I'm in my last year of university, I've always managed to scrape by with little to usually no attendance self learning and cramming for exams, however I'm struggling to get down to work as a result of my degraded self control from gaming. I really need to make sure I graduate with a 2.1, however I've accepted that I must just give it my best and accept what result I graduate with. I've pissed away 12 weeks of work + have extremely poor - basically negligible - coursework and midterm components contributing towards my modules in conjunction with the upcoming January exams.

I've managed to quit smoking cannabis - huge co-addiction with gaming. I've surmounted the anxiety of the upcoming exams and accepted the state I'm in - I've been struggling to remove myself from bed in the morning and to "begin" my day though.

So it's good to be here, right now it's all about today. I'm going to start a 90 day journal which I'll write up in the evening on the appropriate sub-forum.
If anyone has any similar anecdotes i.e. being at university having poor grades and turning it around, being my age and getting to a better place over the space of a few months (I guess I'm impatient, which could be a downfall) - I know I'm still young but university has been such a blur and "waste" of time devoid of any character development

• Like 1