NEW VIDEO: Is gaming a waste of time?

Sashiku

The Person I want to be

So, I got through last night luckily, I helped someone fix some grammatical errors they made in a story they wrote because English wasn't their first language. After that, I took some silly quizzes for fun and then I watched some Momocon Steven Universe Panels and geeked out. I also did a little homework for TMCS. (I GRADUATED O102 AND AM IN O103 now!! Which means, I am VERY CLOSE to graduating from Orientation!)

I feel a bit overwhelmed lately. I have so many emotions and thoughts and I can't just jump into a video game to push them aside. I don't really know how to process all these thoughts and feelings. I also feel overwhelmed because of how much things are changing. I know I try to change too fast but if I don't change certain things quickly, then I'm afraid I will just be a failure. Example: I have struggled with cleaning my house for my entire life. I can't stay focused and doing the chores is hard mentally and physically. I dunno why I struggle so much with this. I WANT to have a clean house, but it actually hurts to do it sometimes. All of this stress about cleaning my apartment has been on my mind constantly for the entire 2 years I have lived here and I feel like I can't get past it. I did some chores the day before yesterday, did some dishes, took out trash, cleared off my desk, but I still have SO MUCH more to do! I let things go for like half a year! That's how depressed and how addicted to gaming I was... I am so ashamed but I feel lost like I will NEVER get all of this done! Once I get this place clean, I will never use real plates again. Paper plates for life.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sashiku said:

So, I got through last night luckily, I helped someone fix some grammatical errors they made in a story they wrote because English wasn't their first language. After that, I took some silly quizzes for fun and then I watched some Momocon Steven Universe Panels and geeked out. I also did a little homework for TMCS. (I GRADUATED O102 AND AM IN O103 now!! Which means, I am VERY CLOSE to graduating from Orientation!)

I feel a bit overwhelmed lately. I have so many emotions and thoughts and I can't just jump into a video game to push them aside. I don't really know how to process all these thoughts and feelings. I also feel overwhelmed because of how much things are changing. I know I try to change too fast but if I don't change certain things quickly, then I'm afraid I will just be a failure. Example: I have struggled with cleaning my house for my entire life. I can't stay focused and doing the chores is hard mentally and physically. I dunno why I struggle so much with this. I WANT to have a clean house, but it actually hurts to do it sometimes. All of this stress about cleaning my apartment has been on my mind constantly for the entire 2 years I have lived here and I feel like I can't get past it. I did some chores the day before yesterday, did some dishes, took out trash, cleared off my desk, but I still have SO MUCH more to do! I let things go for like half a year! That's how depressed and how addicted to gaming I was... I am so ashamed but I feel lost like I will NEVER get all of this done! Once I get this place clean, I will never use real plates again. Paper plates for life.

Shame is one of the most powerful emotions in the world. Instead of feeling ashamed and potentially directing it inwards towards yourself, use it as fuel to give you energy to achieve things you have your mind set on. I think you're doing a great job. Keep going.