NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

I'm Oliver

Hey everyone,

i already made a post on the subreddit Here, but i will also write down a little bit about me in this post.

As the title says my name is Oliver, and i live in Germany!

i started gaming in my childhood, starting with the SNES and RPG were always my thing.

After WoW came out i really got hooked to the game. I played almost all the time after school, to escape different problems instead of facing them.

As a result i lost friend after friend and suffered from a depression for a long time.

Somehow i managed to get a job i really like and moved away from my parents.

I quit WoW and started games like LoL or Hearthstone, where i wasted tons of money for useless digital items just to stay competitive.

I finally realized, that i had to make a clean cut, to reach the goals i always wanted to reach but never did.

I quit cold turkey last week with no regrets so far and i want to keep it that way!

Congratulation on your realization and good luck on your journey to a better life!

One thing I have learned is the shift from doing activities to kill time (excessive video games, TV, or mindless internet surfing) to relaxing and constructive activities (playing an instrument, reading books that stimulate your mind in some way, spending internet time to find food recipes to make) will slowly begin to make you a happier and more fulfilled person.

Hey! Thanks for joining us here! I love Germany, it's a beautiful country. I hope to come back there soon! Maybe even stop by Austria again and hang out with both you in Germany and Matthias in Austria!

Congrats on taking the step to quit. You mentioned goals you always wanted to reach but didn't. What are some of them? I'd love to hear more!

You mentioned goals you always wanted to reach but didn't. What are some of them? I'd love to hear more!

?I want to visit different countries! I'm really interested in Japan, Russia and Ireland for example. There will be more, but i think i visit those first :)

Another big one is to get myself in shape. Im not fat but a little bit overwight, so i want to build up my muscles.

There are also some things i could do right after quitting. (wrote more about those changes in my journal)

Beeing seperated from my gamer friends had also a positive impact in my opinion. There were always some toxic guys,that dragged me down. Now im looking for new friends, who fit better into my new life.

?I want to visit different countries! I'm really interested in Japan, Russia and Ireland for example. There will be more, but i think i visit those first :)

Another big one is to get myself in shape. Im not fat but a little bit overwight, so i want to build up my muscles.

There are also some things i could do right after quitting. (wrote more about those changes in my journal)

Beeing seperated from my gamer friends had also a positive impact in my opinion. There were always some toxic guys,that dragged me down. Now im looking for new friends, who fit better into my new life.

?That's awesome! Maybe we will end up in Japan at the same time spontaneously! You know know. ;)

Leprosy is from Russia so if you head that way hit him up.