NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Virtual Reality = Gaming???

padreman

So I have been playing on my Oculus Rift since it came out.  I stopped using it when I turned to 2d pc games that involved RPG and FPS elements combined.  Nothing compares to that high.  My question is, in your experience, if you have played VR, is it also addicting?  Is it really identical to PC gaming?  I have found myself playing until 2am what would be considered FPS in Oculus.  There are also poker games (not real money, thankfully).  I just don't know if I am violating the 90 day period by playing on VR.  Is there a difference in the interaction using a keyboard and mouse on a 2d screen and motion controllers in a VR headset?  In other words, is this gaming?  I am certain that some VR experiences would not be considered gaming, like sculpting and exercise (like boxing against a full size opponent, scary)

What is your opinion?

Maybe currently its not so addicting because the technology needs to improve, but it will be way more addictive than computer in the future I think.

And remember you are doing the detox to do productive things. I mean you could also detox from games but sit in front of youtube 24/7. thats not the sense of the detox.

It distracts you. During the VR sessions you could do other (productive) things.
Sell it and buy something good for you or even others. Maybe a dinner or take out a girl, go to a gym, go out and watch a movie, having an app on your phone you use often? Go and buy the pro version to support the developer. 

It's up for sale now, along with the computer that I put together specifically for gaming and vr (I have two computers and a laptop).  I'm going to take that money to convert my freshwater tank to a saltwater.  It's going to be epic and relaxing all at once.  Thank you so much!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...