NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Chase's Journal

Chase

Day #1

This is my first day attempting this. I don't think I'm addicted to gaming specifically but more so technology. This is a rather tough situation for me as I'm studying computer science and I've recently started my own web development company. I want to have more time in my life for working on my company and my degree so that I can make my future self something I will be happy with. I found this forum when I was doing some personal research on nostalgia and why I feel it. From here on out I'm going to attempt to remove pointless social media (browsing reddit/facebook for hours), occasional late night game (I want to fall asleep with my girlfriend at night instead of staying up), I want to self educate so that I can take my company further, and I want to use technology as a  useful tool to my future instead of hindering myself.

At the end of 90 days maybe I'll  have more self control but to start I need to remove the problem and fix it. 

Gratitude journal

One amazing thing that happened/I did today

I interviewed for a promotion at my day job at work and also signed 1 new client for my web development as well as found a lead for another client that should be closing shortly.

Workout/run

Nothing today, my alarms are set for tomorrow morning at 6am (5 hours from now) so that I can get up walk my dog, workout, and get some work done before class.

Meditation

I tried writing today to figure out what was causing this internal frustration I'm experiencing

Reading + taking notes

I read a bit of a book I borrowed from my fiances sister months ago. Maybe I'll finish the book sometime soon.

Getting to bed before 9pm

Failed this, it's 1am. To be fair I don't get off work until 10pm some nights and classes also run close to 9pm. I'm setting a personal goal to be in bed by 11pm each night.

Weekly Goal(s)

I want to find another client to close and potentially identify a few udemy courses to up my skills in web development.

Monthly Goal

I want to try working out 4 days a week.

3 Month Goal

Have a healthy relationship with social media/gaming

What went well today:

I completed some introspection

What I could have done to make my day better:

Studied instead of overthinking everything

What I will do differently tomorrow:

Study, get some web development done, and potentially go out on a date if my fiance is up for it.

• Like 3