NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Daily Journal - Samon

Samon

Thanks deku. I dont want to get a Job in coding etc. i just do it as a hobby, because i think it will get more important with the time. I told you once what i am studying in pm, maybe u remember :)

32/90 without any LoL Content | Played Instrument: Yes! | Coding: Yes! | Learned for driving license: Yes! | Writing in my Journal: Yes, right now!

very late today and really short,

day was good overall i think, woke up played instrument and did some sport outside(damn cold) then went to a party at the evening till now. Just did some learning for driving license. Will read now a bit for coding, thats all, so i will call it a day

Thats all for today, see you tomorrow guys

33/90 without any LoL Content | Played Instrument: Yes! | Coding: Yes! | Learned for driving license: Yes! | Writing in my Journal: Yes, right now!

overall a good day I think. Learned the most of the day with my silbling for class test. Not. The funniest thing you can do, but it feels good at the end, and thats what matters. The rest of my tasks didnt go so good, but did everything a bit, thats fine. 

Will read now a bIt here in some journals and then ill call it a day

• Like 2

34/90 without any LoL Content | Played Instrument: Yes! | Coding: Yes! | Learned for driving license: Yes! | Writing in my Journal: Yes, right now!

not that good day I think. Had some trouble at the morning, but started then as usual in my day and with my tasks. That was good but still I had those feelings again, that I just want to grind all the day... Forget problems again etc. but like always I knew the only way to solve problems is to deal with them, not running away. So I gave my best. Not much work done, but at least no giving up. 

Its very late again, so ill call it a day and maybe read some journals again

• Like 1

Great job sticking with the program so far.  If you read your posts you have so many good and bad days.  Just know that the next day could be a great one.  It's good that you found the strength to give your best at the end of a long day.  Forgive yourself for not feeling the best and love yourself and prepare for the future.

Matt

• Like 1

Thanks matt!

35/90 without any LoL Content | Played Instrument: Yes! | Coding: Yes! | Learned for driving license: Yes! | Writing in my Journal: Yes, right now!

one of the better days I think. Woke up and felt not so good, but again I got the thought that it wont help to stay in bed, better go straight to ur daily routine. You guys maybe remember I told that I want to upload some videos on youtube to get some cash. Always when I check on socialblade how much a youtuber gets per month I am simply amazed. There are a lot ofppl who put in a lot of effort, but others they simply reupload things and get massiv amount of cash. I dont want criticize that, its just a thing I want tomention. However I focused on that most of the day. Again: I need to do first those first 3 tasks at the headline of my posts before doing other things. I usually start with violin, because its fun. Learning and coding isnt so much fun currently, so I dont that directly. Do you remember my daily routine? From 12am till 9pm no "privat" internet consumption, was my aim. That works good, but things like video uploading are so much fun again, that i dont do those other things which are more important. So I did nothing than that till 9pm and then I had to rush some coding stuff... Not very wise. So I need to change that

I would like to do some sport and getting some christmas cards which I want to send to some people I want to thanks.. Should do that the next days

• Like 1

36/90 without any LoL Content | Played Instrument: Yes! | Coding: Yes! | Learned for driving license: Yes! | Writing in my Journal: Yes, right now!

again very short because its late and I am in bed..

they day was overall good I think. I didnt do sport and didnt get christmas cards sadly... I want to do that tomorrow. No pressure, but i want to do it. However I played my instrument as usual to get started with my routine, then did some youtube vid uploads and helped a bit cleaning the house with my mom. Somehow I understand people who are doing cleaning instead of their work. It feels good if you clean something and u can see the result directly. Yea so that was nice, its always nice to help your Mom. After that I lesrned for my driving license. Couldnt concentrate that much, but Yea, worked anyway I think. At the evening I went to a meeting, so I had no time for my coding stuff, well I had but I didnt work at it and then I had to go... That shouldnt happen. I came home and I did a bit for it. The major problem is: I dont know what to do exactly to make progression. I should stop doing random things. I need to do more research, to understand what I have to learn to get near to my coding goal.

Oh and I wrote a bit with my friend who quitted lol too. We talked about it why we used to play league. It was a good feeling that we are both out of it and I am still hoping that I will never ever play that game again.

not that short but yea, thats it

• Like 1

37/90 without any LoL Content | Played Instrument: Yes! | Coding: Yes! | Learned for driving license: Yes! | Writing in my Journal: Yes, right now!

good day overall I think. Well I had not much time for my tasks because some other events were important today.. Some meetings etc. however a productive day in this way.. But like I said not much time for my tasks. Its ok. The only thing that is sad is that i still didnt get some christmas cards and now its prolly too late to get some. Uff... Thats a thing i have to work on, it is a simple thing but somehow i dont get up and do it. But I try to dont blame myself. That brings nothing.. Just do it better next time. 

Edited by Samon
  • Like 3

38/90 without any LoL Content | Played Instrument: Yes! | Coding: Yes! | Learned for driving license: Yes! | Writing in my Journal: Yes, right now!

good day I think. I usually rate my days near to how I feel. If I was productive I feel good etc. but not just work give me a good feeling,, just meaning full things etc. so this makes my day also good.

Yes, however did most of my tasks, just coding again mehh... I still dont do my tasks at the beginning of the day. Well i do the learning part and exercise with my instrument, but no coding. I think thats like that because i really enjoy to play with my instrument(compared to the beginning i just played because i "had to"(get better) and learning for driving license is not really hard and goes wuick (30-60min). But coding is one of those hard things, which i dont want to do and so i put them st the end of the day and then i dont do them with passion-> no progression. Coding is just a hobby so its no catastroph if i dont do that. But i have this problem in general(like nearly everyone prolly).

so i have to work on that. It was basically the same with the christmas cards i wanted to buy -> stressful to go to the shop etc.(now i did it but they were out of stock...) so i dont did it directly.

i think no one has a real answerr to this problem, just tips (working atmossphare, not working at home, promodoros(i will try that)) i will see...

Edited by Samon
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Silverlining said:

Generally speaking, most coders start working late in the day and stay up late. Seriously, I don't see a lot of coders working efficiently before 10 am. I'm not sure how this happens, or does this mean that coding is not suitable for early mornings? Just so you know you are not alone.

Thats maybe true but thats usually because a specific groupp of people are coders. Many of them game a lot or do in general many non productive things at the internet(like us). This leads to the fact the ppl are not productive in the morning.

however this is not just a coding related problem for me, i usually struggle with doing my tasks.

39/90 without any LoL Content | Played Instrument: Yes! | Coding: Yes! | Learned for driving license: Yes! | Writing in my Journal: Yes, right now!

good day overall I think. Today was not much going on, so I had no struggle in doing my tasks. I played a lot with my instrument today, then found something I want to code, which is still useful for my major goals. This worked great then, because it wasnt so hard, and I really wanted to do that. Did that till evening, then not much learning for driving license but yea. Left the house to go into food market. Not much else to say..

reading some journals as usual and then i will call it a day

• Like 1

40/90 without any LoL Content | Played Instrument: Yes! | Coding: Yes! | Learned for driving license: Yes! | Writing in my Journal: Yes, right now!

good day overall I think. What can I say about today? Pretty much standard day, played the instrument, went after it again to my new coding project, which was fun again. Its funny, now coding makes fun again and now I dont learn for driving license at the time I should(like it was with coding). That shows me again that I really have a problem with doing my tasks at the time I have to them and do them good.

Thats the same with university. I dont do my work all the time... That is frustrating. I need to change that... This is my next goal.

Moreover I still need to do some sports(outside, alone because mostly no one there to go with me). But yea now its christmas, new year is coming, so that will not happen before that I think. But yea, next year, new chances. I never gave something on new year, but this time maybe I can left this part of my life behind, and go into my future. Dont blame yourself for what happend, just make it better now. I want to live after that statement...

Okay, will read some journals and call it a day like usually

41/90 without any LoL Content | Played Instrument: Yes! | Coding: Yes! | Learned for driving license: Yes! | Writing in my Journal: Yes, right now!

good day overall I think. Its christmas! We dont celebrate but you cant really get around this. However the day was pretty much standard. Did all my tasks, everything is ok. In general: Need to do more for driving license currently. Its still cold and it rains a lot so I cant do sports outside.. Hope this winter will not be so cold.

I wish everyone merry christmas and I hope you have a good time with your people. I think it doesnt really matter if you really celebrate the religious reason, just be nice to each other and not just while those days :D.

42/90 without any LoL Content | Played Instrument: Yes! | Coding: Yes! | Learned for driving license: Yes! | Writing in my Journal: Yes, right now!

the day was ok overall. Sadly i catched a cold. Wasnt that bad, just my nose is full^^ however I "allowed" myself to get one day off my routine and browsed a bit all day along although normally i have my work time strictly seperated from chill time. But still I did most of the time coding and uploaded some vids on youtube. So thats ok. But I couldnt play my instrument :/ so I just watched 2 vids about my instrument to geting som tips how to play it better in general. I think I can count that as task fullfilled. Maybe tomorrow I feel better again and can play. Sneaked some learning for driving license in. Not much but thats okay

So today was again like back ago with gaming complete day at computer. This time just because i catched a cold, but i really feel not that good the whole day at displays... I mean i still use to do many things in ithe internet, but not anymore the whole day. So i am not used to that anymore(gladly). I logged in runescape today again, i ususlly log in the day one time to check some stuff 5min maximum. Today I wanted to do the christmas special quest, but tbh it was boring so I leaved again. Runescape just isnt the game which I am addicted to, I feel good when I am there, but I can not level or so like other people do(boring) and I dont have friends in game so nothing i can do tbh. Just some grinding and feeling nostalgic(started to play with 9-10years).

so yea, that was the day.

• Like 1

43/90 without any LoL Content | Played Instrument: Yes! | Coding: Yes! | Learned for driving license: Yes! | Writing in my Journal: Yes, right now!

good day overall I think. So the cold is already gone again. I could do all my tasks, this time did them pretty earlyso not much struggle at the end of the day, when I have my chill time.Christmas time is over now. We dont celebratebut the atmossphere is still awesome. Yea not much else to say

will read some journals and chill a bit, then i will call it a day

• Like 1

On 12/14/2018 at 12:11 AM, Samon said:

day and yesterday I saw a youtube advertisment. Guess what: LoL. This video was so dumb. They literally show in the video how ppl get addicted to the game(they make a joke out of it) and they highlight the difference between a fun gamer(bad) and a pro player who wants to succsed(good). Thats so sad.. They animate people so they play hardcore fhe game, because those are the tryharders, the ones who keep the game alive. But yea, nice reminder that I stay clean from it...

Hey sorry for the very late quote but I was reading random posts in your journal and I stumbled upon this... I think that the lack of laws and regulations in the gaming sector is absolutely insane, it's actually scary how pervasive and unavoidable gaming advertising is, and I'm ofc not talking just about youtube. I don't want to talk about politics just out of respect of your journal as a more or less "intimate" space, so I'll just say, from a "neutral" perspective, that we, as ex-gamers, are lucky to have developed the awareness needed to understand those threats and not fall for them.

That said, well done with your first month clean! In my experience, the second month is the calmest, the initial euphoria starts to fade but you gain a sentiment of "fullness of life" that molds your days and enlights them. Enjoy it! And farewell!

P.S. Your syntax reminds me of french. Is french your main language? ?

• Like 1

Thanks for your post mate, and especially for reading some parts of my journal!

i think you are absolutely right, we need more regulation in the game sector. We forbid kids to drink alcohol but gaming is ok. Yea, gaming maybe not nearly as worse as drugs, but its lead to bad lifes too. Maybe we can discuss this in a seperate topic :)

And no, I am not a native french speaker, but I am learning it a bit on my own currently

44/90 without any LoL Content | Played Instrument: Yes! | Coding: Yes! | Learned for driving license: Yes! | Writing in my Journal: Yes, right now!

day was not so good I think. Felt not so good, really just wanted to mindless surf and watch yt or play games. However I went with my family to the city and we checked out some shops for clothes and new year presents etc. so i was pretty much out of the house until evening. This helped me. Then I didnt had much time for my tasks but did everything a bit, thats fine. Now in my freetime I just watched some shows in youtube, no games of course, but yea

Edited by Samon

45/90 without any LoL Content | Played Instrument: Yes! | Coding: Yes! | Learned for driving license: Yes! | Writing in my Journal: Yes, right now!

one of the better day I think. Did all my tasks, had again some motivation back. This evening, in my free time, i really didnt feel like I want to surf much. Just wanted to relax. Usually I surf a lot and checking things etc. you probably all know that mindless surfing is often connected with the problem "i want to be updated on everything". At least I saw this on reddit one time when I searched up how to quit with games, internet etc. However today I just wanted to relax a bit and I did that while watching some shows on youtube. 

Its getting cold here, at least it feels like. I was outside to go to the bank, and yea no good whether to stay outside. I feel sorry for the poor people without a home. But yea my sorry will not help them... I wish I have someday the energy, the power and maybe the money to help those people. If I could help at least one of those persons so they dont have to stay on the streets would be so nice... 

Like always reading some journals, and call it a day then

46/90 without any LoL Content | Played Instrument: Yes! | Coding: Yes! | Learned for driving license: Yes! | Writing in my Journal: Yes, right now!

the day was good overall I think. New Year is nearly there and my parents and my silblings went to get some presents etc. I normally use any kind of chance to leave the house for a while, but since the last time(some days ago) i went shopping with my family, I dont want to go again in the city with them:D takes ages to shop. Yea but its better to go, otherwise I dont have any things to do outside. So i went to the foodshop at evening. At least something,

Did all my tasks. I dont know whether I told you already, but I am self teaching myself playing my instrument, most likely I watch youtube tutorials etc. just finished the first basic tutorials. I think that took me something about a month. Glad about that. Other things are going good too I think

yea, again some journals and call it a day then. Evening routine 

• Like 1

47/90 without any LoL Content | Played Instrument: Yes! | Coding: Yes! | Learned for driving license: Yes! | Writing in my Journal: Yes, right now!

good day overall I think. Did all my tasks, just not so much for my driving license. Again the problem that I push the "unpleasure" things away. Currently coding makes a lot of fun, like I mentioned some days before. Usually it was the thing I pushed away till evening(near my freetime time or even in it). But currently its more the driving license. Well but that doesnt happen so often, so its okay. But Ill have to work on that. Was also outside for some sport, was nice too. Currently its not so cold here anymore.

At home are many preperations for newyear dinner. Also need to buy some fireworks, its a waste but its somehow a tradition for the kids, so we keep buying some, but not much.

48/90 without any LoL Content | Played Instrument: Yes! | Coding: Yes! | Learned for driving license: Yes! | Writing in my Journal: Yes, right now!

good day overall I think. Yea new year is coming. We had a big dinner with the whole family, that was nice. Now we are waiting till we can go out to make some fireworks. Kind of a tradition but mostly for the current kids(back ago for me, now for my silbling). 

Still did my daily routine made all my tasks. 

I wish you all a happy new year! Have some fun, big party or just relax with the family, or even alone! Enjoy your time and start fresh into the new year. I wish you all the best!!

• Like 1

49/90 without any LoL Content | Played Instrument: Yes! | Coding: Yes! | Learned for driving license: Yes! | Writing in my Journal: Yes, right now!

good day overall I think. Did all my tasks, meet a friend today(the one who also quit games or better lol) was fun to talk to him. Not much else to say today

• Like 3