NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Should i get a gaming laptop ?

viperalis

I ve been following gamequitters ever since. I really wanna quit gaming. I m looking to do some minor gaming with this. Only play when I m really stressed about work, its not binge gaming fortunately. I dont have an addiction to gaming. From my early childhood, i was...WAS hooked. Now then, i m back to normal. I find gaming a bit boring. Regards to that, i think food is much more interesting,  like cooking is relaxing for me. 

So, whats the final verdict ? Should i get a Gaming laptop or get a Macbook instead ? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've had to face a similar problem recently.

I'm a computer science student and I decided I need good performance laptop for my studies. In the end I bought a gaming laptop, a decision I regret. From current perspective it would have been better to buy a laptop with the same processor but without dedicated graphics card.

Buying macbook doesnt solve the problem, there are many games with ios versions.

So my advice:

Buy a laptop without graphics card (aka with intel integrated graphics only). 

Dont buy external mouse, its super hard to game with a touchpad only.

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2018 at 8:13 AM, viperalis said:

I ve been following gamequitters ever since. I really wanna quit gaming. I m looking to do some minor gaming with this. Only play when I m really stressed about work, its not binge gaming fortunately. I dont have an addiction to gaming. From my early childhood, i was...WAS hooked. Now then, i m back to normal. I find gaming a bit boring. Regards to that, i think food is much more interesting,  like cooking is relaxing for me. 

So, whats the final verdict ? Should i get a Gaming laptop or get a Macbook instead ? 

For me. A gaming laptop for mantigames. 

It doesn't have to by a gaming laptop, it can just be a high performance laptop.  I would avoid an Apple laptop if you're into technology at all.  I used a brand new Macbook at work, and if you don't mind having to buy adapter after adapter to use the machine for everything then you could probably use it.

I just use my PC for a lot of design work, 3D modeling, editing and stuff and a mac would only inconvenience me in a lot of ways.

The only upside is that it's probably more compatible with your iPhone.  But with new MFI regulations on 3rd party accessories and other stupid features like no audio jack, there are inconveniences there too.  I still use an iPhone though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I think a gaming laptop is better than a desktop because it's more comfortable. One year ago, I searched for a gaming laptop, and I found an option that was pretty sweety. So I bought that laptop, and after one month, I started having issues and pain with my neck. I went to the doctors, where they told me to change the position when I work on a laptop. After that, I was searching for a laptop stand. I found so many options, the better one I found here https://smartlaptopstands.com/ I'm using this laptop stand, and the pain went away. I hope I helped someone!

Edited by mauricee

• 4 weeks later...

Low Spec Laptops, High Spec... doesnt matter bro.

If you DESIRE to play,  you find a way to play, even if it is just Tetris or a low quality Pokemon emulator.... and these can be very addictive as well.

Not to mention: Don't you have a mobile phone? This is very dangerous for starting gaming again, remember that..