NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Hello everyone! This is Max - pleasure to meet you :)

MaxHofbauer

Hello there!

My name is Max, I am a 22 y/o university student from Austria.

I used to study molecular biology and now I am working on a degree in innovation management. I love to write (poetry and short stories) and making music (playing bass and ukulele), as well as trying various kinds of sports. Other than that I enjoy spending time with my friends, going out dancing and reading books.

I would describe myself as quite lively and interested, although that wasn't always the case...

Video gaming has filled a large portion of my teens. Unfortunately, I developed addiction-like cravings and gaming started to consume my time, energy and emotional stability.

Around age 17 I came to realize that gaming is holding me back from living the life I truly want to live. Since then I am fighting an ongoing battle against my addiction and started to have great results. Slowly overcoming my addiction has been like fuel for my self-confidence, my desire for personal development, my academic success and a lot of other positive developments in my life.

The only thing I am struggling with right now is short and hard relapses, which often occur under periods of stress... e.g. exams, loneliness, projects, ... (basically when they are especially inconvenient). They only ever last for a few days or 1-2 weeks max, so they are more of a nuisance than an actual reason to really worry about.

Still, I want to leave them behind me and figured that helping others with their struggles might support keeping my focus straight.

I am here to share with you my experience battling video game addiction for 5 years and to document it for future game quitters.

For now, my goal is to stay clean for the rest of the year while helping you guys out.

I am looking forward to meeting you and working with you.

Cheers,

Max

• Like 1

Thanks KMD,

I really hope so too... For now, I would like to accomplish my academic goals without gaming getting in the way. I haven't created a daily journal on here yet, but I guess I will do so soon. I would love to use it to pass on a few tips and tricks I've already learnt.

Anyway, I appreciate the kind words.

Cheers,

Max

You’re welcome! ?
I have a tip for you also: Buy a paper journal. I know its old fashioned and maybe you think it’s for girls (like I used to think). But it is so relaxing to just write some words down on paper just before going to bed, it really does empty your mind and help make you feel at ease and sleepy more easily.

Also, try to have some fun in a good way also. I started piano lessons for example and that gives me joy. Also social activities are good like mentioned in the Respawn book. Try to rotate between activities, it helps to keep you going!

Have a nice day!

• Like 1

Hey KMD!

Thanks for the tips. Journaling is definitely one of the habits I would like to develop. I know the positive influence of it, but I still struggle when it comes to consistency. Fortunately, I already found some good replacement activities for gaming.

Have a good one!

Max