NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

32 year old quit gaming!

Danielk

Hi all my name is Daniel and I am so glad to be here and meet like minded people!

I am 32 years old and yesterday I made the final step to quit gaming for the rest of my life, I sold my PS4 console and all games with it.

Finding this community was how I gained strenght to do it, because I now know I am not alone. 

Gaming have been a large portion of my life and it has served many functions. Escaping reality, passing boring times but most of all to spend time with my best friend.

But my best friend has moved on with his life and got himself a family, and I found myself stuck in a addiction not making progress in my life, so I decided to never play games again.

I have other hobbys such as camping in nature and traiding on the markets. Trading is something I will try to get better at, not as a new addiction but as a gain to get better financial success. 

Yesterday after I sold my PS4 console I took the money and bought a card at the gym! I know this journey will be a struggle but I am so glad to have found you guys and I am determined to never ever for the rest of my life play games again! I know I can do this :) 

Edited by Danielk

Hi Cam thanks! :) I appreciate it a lot! I have been clean 5 days now from gaming and to be honest I feel less stress in my life now.

I sleep better, I don´t have to follow game news and what´s going on in the gaming community. I can close my eyes and just relax. 

It is a great feeling. I belive those of us who make this journey are the strong ones. We should be proud. Not all have the strenght, but we could help.

Before I started gaming I had a lot of other hobbys and goals in my life, I am finding my way back now, to my true self, somthing I have wanted for a long long time.

Edited by Danielk

Hi Daniel. Nice to see you joining us. I started quitting games two days before and it is really helpfull too see other people make the same changes. If you like, start a journal at this side. I found it helpfull to fokus on my goal and to order my thoughts about gamequitting. Either way good luck to you! I hope you make it too through the 90 days.

Thanks for the support guys it means a lot :). Nice to hear you have made the decision WorkInProgress, I am looking forward to follow your journey I will be one of the best decisions in your life, that I am sure of! A journal sounds like a great idea I will start working on it this coming week. Big hugs Daniel :)

Hi Daniel,

Great step forward selling your PS4 and all the games. 6 months ago, I left gaming for the first time, but didn't do it 100%. I still had my PS4. A few weeks later, I played it again, selling only the most addictive games I was playing (Diablo 3), and keeping casual games. It didn't take long before I bought other games. A few days after joining this community I also sold my PS4 and I felt great about it.

• Guest featured this topic

@ Django 

Thanks buddy I am glad you sold your PS4 console. It takes a lot of willpower to make the final push and you did it, please be proud of yourself!

I played Diablo 3 up to almost paragon 1000, so I know how addictive it can be. Quite frankly I am thankfull I hit a wall in that game because it made me realise what a enormous waste of time chasing pixel loot can be in a never ending loop. Truly madness but whats done is done and thank good I will never do it again.

@Teho07

Thanks mate I will sure to keep you all updated, I am following your progress aswell with great hopes and interest. ☺

• Guest unfeatured this topic