NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Turning my life around

PFMA

Hi I'm Pete and I'm deciding to quit gaming cold turkey for 100 days (it'll be my birthday by then - a nice gift). Throughout my childhood I've had numerous 8-14 hour days of playing MMO RPGs (mainly). They were fun at first - I used to spend the most time playing amongst my friends and naturally allowed me to progress the quickest - with any game, that is. Initially, doing so made me feel good about myself, but after some time - I felt embarrassed to be able to claim that I have progressed so far as to rank top 100 across multiple games. I was wasting a lot of time moving on from one game to the next. I did not know how to direct all this energy that craves constant measurable growth into a productive path.

This habit did not seem like too big a problem during elementary school through high school - I still enjoyed studying and learning and was able to pull through with pretty good grades. But around college life however, I realized that this habit of mine has occupied my mind so much and shaped me into being an irresponsible person. Still I could get some good grades but I spent so much of my time wasted on gaming, even in class I would game. I did not think much about my future and constantly thought of when I could next play some more.

Fast forward to graduation day - I didn't have a job, I was still gaming a lot and could not effectively bring myself to think about other more productive things in life. Within 3 months time I finally landed a job and worked quite responsibly without gaming for about 3 months. Things happened and I had to leave my job; it was then when I completely lost it. Over the next 3 years I have worked jobs and have even started a business but I would have bad relapses that would absolutely kill my productivity and restart my momentum.

I feel like I've wasted so much time and opportunities and I really need to turn my life around so here is my commitment.

It's been nice reading some of your stories. I hope you all are able to stay committed and that we can all turn over a new leaf and respawn.

I'd also like to thank you Cam for wanting to help others that are struggling.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...