NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Just 1 more game! Ex SC2 addict....

bellatrix

Hello. Yesterday was Day 1 of not playing SC2, It was really hard, because my bf is away, and all I wanted to do was play.

I sent emails to Battlenet requesting to delete both of my accounts, and spent 15 minutes hovering over the SC2 Download link so I could play just.. one.. more.. game..!

As soon as I came to terms with me not playing Starcraft anymore, it was like relief swept over me, like i allowed myself the opportunity to think about working on my never ending To-Do list.. ( I live in a forest house and have both work related and maintenance related tasks that stack up.

I need to stop doddling and be more productive in general. I have so many books that I keep saying I will read, but instead play starcraft until I can't keep my eyes open...

Day 2.

Woke up excited to do this. Read my book today. Going for a hike now.

Self Care Goals:

Read more books!

Hike 2-3 x a week

Stretch daily

Body weight excersizes to get swole!

Edited by bellatrix
error
  • Like 1

Good decision to start a journal, it will help you with consistency tremendously. I also played sc2 a lot, it's crazy how the community is motivating itself to push for higher rank, to improve, believe in yourself, ignore the nay-sayers, work hard every day, research strategy, hustle, don't falter if you are on a losing streak etc. And yet all this is just to gain an arbitrary rank that nobody cares about. Although these are good skills to use in real life, I find it so bizarre how delusional the starcraft community is about where to apply them.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2018 at 1:26 PM, JustTom said:

Good decision to start a journal, it will help you with consistency tremendously. I also played sc2 a lot, it's crazy how the community is motivating itself to push for higher rank, to improve, believe in yourself, ignore the nay-sayers, work hard every day, research strategy, hustle, don't falter if you are on a losing streak etc. And yet all this is just to gain an arbitrary rank that nobody cares about. Although these are good skills to use in real life, I find it so bizarre how delusional the starcraft community is about where to apply them.

I never cared about my rank, sure it was fun to try and see how good I was, but to me it was about the excitement I would get from trying new strategies.. It just feels so f*%$ing good to play!!!!!

Day 4

Do the cravings ever go away?

They are just cravings now, I cannot act upon them... I read somewhere that if you tell people about your plans to break a bad habit, it helps, because you don't want to let them down. So in this case, i've let my partner know I will be playing no more!

I want to so badly play some more 1 v 1. I've mostly every played 3v3 or 4v4 and just last week I started 1v1 and it was super fun, and I wish I could do more of it....

OK Back to work.

Edited by bellatrix

12 hours ago, bellatrix said:

Do the cravings ever go away?

Yes.

They generally get replaced with nostalgia; which is hard to tell the difference from cravings sometimes. When I get a wave come over me I just stop and think, yes those were some good times, it is fine to feel nostalgic about good times, but now back to the present where there is so much new potential that there is no time to go back.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/14/2018 at 3:22 AM, giblets said:

Yes.

They generally get replaced with nostalgia; which is hard to tell the difference from cravings sometimes. When I get a wave come over me I just stop and think, yes those were some good times, it is fine to feel nostalgic about good times, but now back to the present where there is so much new potential that there is no time to go back.

I've been feeling the same a bit, but using the same technique as you giblet, it was fun and all and enjoyable, but now I am making a choice to do X now instead