NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Ivan's Journal

IvanSaw

Hi

My names is Ivan. I'm 16 years old, and have been gaming last 5 years. I received laptop from a prize game, and started playing minecraft with few frends from school.We played 14 + hourse per day.Then 2 years ago I started playing league of legends and I played even more than a minecraft.But biggest problem with league of legends is that when you start playing game you can't stop until end(15-50 Minutes)and beacuse of that I didn't have time for anything and even in emergency situations I wouldn't go afk.I feel like video games take too much control of my life and I want to change that and replace gaming with more productive habits.

Reasons why I quit gaming(reminder in case I wanna play again):Feeling when you played games for 14 hourse and didn't get anything out of it, When I get angry just because of lost game, There's more in life than video games, I can save money instead of buy new pc just to play some games,When I achive something in game I just want more more and more and that way I'll never be happy.

Activities I can do instead of gaming:Reading, Running, Exercising, Learning new language, Listening music, Playing table tennis with friends, Cleaning house, Learn computer programing, Parkour          Habits I want to implement:Waking up at 5 AM,NoFap,Meditation,Eating Helathier(Low Sugar,No Diary),Washing Face(3x/Day),Showering(1x/Day)

Edited by IvanSaw
Ading activities and habits :D
  • Like 3

Hello, welcome and congratulations on making the decision to quit gaming and become productive!

You've got some solid goals listed down. My only advice is to be patient and slowly incorporate them one by one into your daily routine. Also, make sure you're getting outside and doing activities that'll let you meet and talk to people! In my experience it's incredibly easy to relapse from sheer boredom and loneliness if you aren't making human contact on a regular basis.

Every time I try to quit some adiction or add new healthy habit that moves me towards my perfect life I fail.I feel like all of this doesn't make sense.Self Improvement is to hard.I don't know what to do anymore I can't live life like this..

• Like 1

Failed attempts to recover from addiction can leave you with a feeling of powerlessness.

Many members of this forum, including me, have experienced this over and over again. In fact I'm feeling utterly powerless right now.

Don't consider gaming just a bad habit. Gaming is fiercely addictive. "Just don't play" isn't a realistic approach for your current addicted state.

Remove the game from your PC and make it impossible to reach its website. I recommend Cold Turkey Blocker Pro.

Also I feel like waking up at 5 am is unnecessary and anti-productive for most. 7 to 8 hours of sleep a day is recommended for maximum energy + willpower.

Just like Deku says above, be patient. Don't jump on to insurmountably big goals immediately.

(If 5 am works fine with you, never mind. DO IT!!)

• Like 2