Deku

Journey to my white coat

@karabas 120 days sounds lovely. I'll do my best!

4/5 finals done now. Honestly I feel pretty ehhhh about all of them, but that's why I worked my tail off early on--so that I could take pressure off this point of the semester when the burnout sets in. Just have my poster session on Monday, the Mol Bio final on Tuesday, and then...that's it. 5 weeks that I can use to work on other stuff for med school applications. Can't wait!

• Like 3

Shane and I had our poster session for our project today. Got first overall among all the presenters, so that was nice!

Got the Mol Bio final tomorrow. I'm sitting comfortably at 148/150 total points right now after maxing out participation and worksheets, but not even half the points have been put in the gradebook yet (notebook and final, both worth 100 points each). To get an A in the class I can afford to lose 22.5 more points, so the goal is to come as close as possible to 100 points on the final to support my undoubtedly terrible notebook score. Finished going over the review sheet today and I'm just flat out ready to end this semester at this point.

Edited by Deku
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, JustTom said:
6 hours ago, Deku said:

I'm just flat out ready to end this semester at this point.

Duuuuude exactly. Please let this year end already lmao. 

Lol. I hated university (I love learning... just not in school) and everybody kept telling me, "just wait till you get a job, you'll hate working and wish you went back to uni!"

Nope. Never happened. Every time somebody mentions their uni studies, I feel thankful for not having to go through that again 😄

• Like 1

Quick update--Got the A+ in Stem Cell lecture! 😮 

It remains to be seen what becomes of the Mol Bio grades though...

Edit: And an A+ in Stem Cell lab! 🙏

Edited by Deku
  • Like 3

You're such a typical straight-A student, stressing over how you're gonna get really bad grades and then getting really good ones 😄

Been there done that myself, although definitely not to the point of a 4.0! Good work man!

• Like 1