Deku

Journey to my white coat

That's a very cool and important insight you've come across while doing hospice volunteering!  I recently read that "a good doctor treats the disease, but a great doctor treats the patient."  It's inspiring to see you continue to work your butt off and keep learning new things, keep it up Deku!

Also, what day are you on for the no-gaming streak? 

Edited by Average_Guy
  • Like 1

Also, what day are you on for the no-gaming streak?

Zero. I relapsed today--somehow convinced myself that I could afford to play one game, now feeling super stupid. >_>

10 hours ago, Deku said:

Zero. I relapsed today--somehow convinced myself that I could afford to play one game, now feeling super stupid. >_>

Ah, shit man, that sucks. But don't let this setback win from your motivation! You've been doing so well! Why did you think you relapsed?

Hey guys, it’s been a while. I’ve been pretty busy and stressed out of late, but fortunately I haven’t gone back to gaming in a while. So I think I’m almost at a week now.

A couple interesting things that have happened since my last post:

-I passed my test to move on from beginner to intermediate bible study, so I’ll be hanging with the intermediate seminar starting Monday. I’m excited to start learning about the actual story of the Bible now!

-My Hematology professor (who is a former doctor and an actual legend in the Bio department) called me up after class to talk about my career goals. He thinks I’d be a great doctor and offered to help me out along the way. I’m meeting with him Tuesday at 9 am—so a fat part of this weekend is going to be spent working on my resume in advance of our meeting.

• Like 4

I think it's the 10th day now since my relapse? I see why people count days now on their journals...

Life's been pretty good of late. I met with my Hematology professor and he RAVED about my resume and transcript--in his opinion, with a good MCAT score and stellar letters of recommendation I actually have a pretty good shot of getting in med school. He also asked if I wanted to be his TA for Hematology next Spring (though I unfortunately had to decline). It's incredible to hear all these things because the man is a department legend, professor emeritus and most importantly a former medical school admissions committee member. After our talk I can just make out a light at the end of the tunnel now--it's very faint, but it's there.

Edited by Deku
  • Like 3