NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Journal

ajaski708

Day 1

It's the beginning of a long journey of 90 days without gaming. I've tried quitting before but I want to start again clean slate. For now, I want to just get rid of the game that takes up most of my time, League of Legends. I have started by uninstalling it from my browser.  However, I am not quitting all games 100%. I do play mobile games like clash of clans but I don't see it as a huge investment of my time and I will continue to play it as long as it doesn't take too much out of my day. I have a job right now working 40 hours a week and I want to divert most of my attention towards that. My job involves lots of programming so I want to spend time at home learning that. Specifically, I want to learn python and C because that's what I do for my job. I also want to focus on artistic activities like bboying and drawing. For bboying, I want to get 2 flares by August and for drawing, I plan on buying a udemy course to get started. I also want to focus on bettering myself as a person by talking to more people. I am very shy, but my goal is to meet at least 1 new person every week and if that's too easy then I'll challenge myself a little more. Wish me luck guys. ?

Edited by ajaski708

I've tried quitting by going to other games... and I was pulled back... that game is also a money grabber if you fill in the crack.   Just Saying ... But Good Luck to you ?     Also remove any emails ... messages that may bring you back to gaming ... publicity on facebook to whatever you can name of.... they are a fishing lure with an elastic band.

@Franck the IT guy I see your point. Games can get very addicting but clash of clans isn't that kind of game FOR ME. I've gone months on end without playing COC without concern. It's also not much of a time waster. I'm on the game at most 20 minutes a day and when I'm on the game I'm doing something on the side like practicing my side splits or working on my lotus stretch. It helps give me something to engage in while I'm holding stretches. I've never spent a penny on any game. Emails don't bother me too much. I would say I'm lured in by my insecurity more than anything. Thank you for your advice though. Cheers ?

Day 2

It was a good day. I got a lot done in learning programming in C. I still have to figure out a couple things but I hope everything is smooth sailing.  I got to practice my flares a bit more which is good. They are looking pretty solid, and I might post a video soon to share the progress. Didn't even have time to really think about gaming since my day was so long. It's only day two, but I already feel a lot better about myself. 88 more days to go ?.

Hey! Nice to have you around and see you feel strong about quitting.

Like the others said (and I support that idea), it is strongly recommended that you leave all kind of games during your detox, but I understand that everyone is different and they have their own habits that they want to change. You only have to be able to realize and detect if this other games are becoming your new hindrance in your path to the life you want to have. At first you may not notice any change, but if you start coming back to that game more than usual, that is a symptom that you should care about. Be careful and you should be good.

Try to fill your days with those kind of activities like learning new programming languages. They help you staying away from games, improve useful skills, fight boredom and give you a feeling of getting things done. Keep up the good work! ?

Edited by Peluconus
Typo

@@Peluconus Hey, I understand your concern and if it gets to that point I'll have to consider quitting it but I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing for now. One step at a time. ?

Day 3

I haven't had much time to really focus on playing games which is a good thing. I finally decided to install python and get a pycharm IDE in my computer. This should help me out with the process of writing code at home which should keep me occupied. If I get bored with that I could turn to working on my bboying or try learning a little bit of C program. I want to eventually get codeblocks installed so I could play around with that as well. I'm also trying to look at some courses in edX that might be useful. I enrolled in a procrastination course that will hopefully help me get on track better. Anyway, life has been way better now compared to enslaving myself with a mindless game. Anyway, I hope to continue making my life more meaningful. ?

Day 4

It was another successful day. Did more coding and watched more tutorials. I almost did 2 flares today which I'm super excited about. I'm also working on my lotus yoga position. I plan on buying the course on how to draw as I think it ill be useful. Thats all.