NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

December 2015 Progress Report

Cam Adair

That's some exciting progress, wow! Stoked for this coming year!

I have three matters...

First, the formatting of each section isn't the same everywhere.  Posts and New Members are monthly posts and monthly new members, while Subscribers are total subscribers. I had to open the other monthly reports to make sense of the numbers. Labeling Posts as Monthly Posts or New Posts would help myself and probably others.

Second, Respawn costs $47 and $27, but 10 purchasers at most equals $470. Where'd the other $140 come from? (610-470)  Or, prices have been changing maybe that's why haha, I have a bad memory for numbers.

Third, about the ConvertKit. Shouldn't we be paying $79 instead of $119?  We have less than 5,000 subscribers, and since it will automatically scale with us there's no point to purchase it higher than our current email base unless you're sending more than ten emails per subscriber per month.

That's some exciting progress, wow! Stoked for this coming year!

I have three matters...

First, the formatting of each section isn't the same everywhere.  Posts and New Members are monthly posts and monthly new members, while Subscribers are total subscribers. I had to open the other monthly reports to make sense of the numbers. Labeling Posts as Monthly Posts or New Posts would help myself and probably others.

Second, Respawn costs $47 and $27, but 10 purchasers at most equals $470. Where'd the other $140 come from? (610-470)  Or, prices have been changing maybe that's why haha, I have a bad memory for numbers.

Third, about the ConvertKit. Shouldn't we be paying $79 instead of $119?  We have less than 5,000 subscribers, and since it will automatically scale with us there's no point to purchase it higher than our current email base unless you're sending more than ten emails per subscriber per month.

Thanks for the feedback, Laney.

I'll make your formatting suggestions for future updates.

With Respawn I have been testing different prices to find the best fit, so it averaged around $60.

For ConvertKit, the Game Quitters exclusive list is in the 3,400 range (this is the list I track for GQ growth), but I have other lists (kingpinlifestyle.com for example) that have thousands of subscribers of whom I send GQ content/offers as well, so overall we needed the 10,000+ plan. Next month the expenses will be reduced by $69 (Aweber will be cancelled). Unfortunately to migrate the lists and have everything setup properly on the new system (ConvertKit), we have a month overlap with both. 

Convert gives me a lot more flexibility to send more personalized content to people based on their needs, whereas Aweber was more just everyone got the same stuff. For instance, moving forward I think it's important to send content based on at least these three groups:

1. Haven't quit yet
2. Quit, less than 90 days
3. Finished the 90 day detox

So ConvertKit makes that process a lot easier, which also means it should increase revenue as well because I can send offers to people based on where they are at. For instance, if you have finished your 90 day detox, sending an offer for Respawn isn't very applicable, but maybe you need help with your social skills or dating, so I can send you something that can help you with that.

Maximizing the value we provide is the key. :)