NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Mohammad's Journal

Mohammad

Mohammad, 

I apologize for being critical of you for your recent posts. Please accept my apology if I sound rude. 

I just read one or two pages and all you say is you didn't play a game today. You're failing and restarting your day counter and then getting angry that you're failing. 

Write down why you're failing. We're all strangers here. None of us can offer you help if you're not going to open up and elaborate on why you're failing. I don't know what your hobbies are, what you do for work, do you live alone or have family, are things stressing you out causing you to seek video games as a stress release???

Since you're not writing about trying to change or giving any details about your experience quitting video games all I can assume is you're going on shear willpower to quit games and battling every day. When you battle every day eventually you lose. 

Discuss why you're seeking video games, what in your life is a trigger, and formulate some ideas for replacing the need to game. 

I played games because I was lonely and wanted to get attention and achievement. I now do better at work, rock climb, play board games, and eat out with new friends. I have zero cravings anymore. It's not a battle for me to stay away from games now because I've discovered why I played and replaced the needs. I'm 50 weeks in a row without gaming because I'm no longer fighting. I'm living. 

I apologize if I sounded rude, but please elaborate on your experience and let us help you. Nobody is going to be able to help if you're just writing a day counter. 

Edited by BooksandTrees
  • Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 9:36 AM, BooksandTrees said:

Mohammad, 

I apologize for being critical of you for your recent posts. Please accept my apology if I sound rude. 

I just read one or two pages and all you say is you didn't play a game today. You're failing and restarting your day counter and then getting angry that you're failing. 

Write down why you're failing. We're all strangers here. None of us can offer you help if you're not going to open up and elaborate on why you're failing. I don't know what your hobbies are, what you do for work, do you live alone or have family, are things stressing you out causing you to seek video games as a stress release???

Since you're not writing about trying to change or giving any details about your experience quitting video games all I can assume is you're going on shear willpower to quit games and battling every day. When you battle every day eventually you lose. 

Discuss why you're seeking video games, what in your life is a trigger, and formulate some ideas for replacing the need to game. 

I played games because I was lonely and wanted to get attention and achievement. I now do better at work, rock climb, play board games, and eat out with new friends. I have zero cravings anymore. It's not a battle for me to stay away from games now because I've discovered why I played and replaced the needs. I'm 50 weeks in a row without gaming because I'm no longer fighting. I'm living. 

I apologize if I sounded rude, but please elaborate on your experience and let us help you. Nobody is going to be able to help if you're just writing a day counter. 

Sorry for just counting my days. I am very busy these days that I tend not to write too much. I am doing well these days. Working very hard, waking up 6 am everyday and reading books at nights. My life has been dramatically improved over the past year when I started letting go of games. I do not have any urge to play and I am not using willpower. I know willpower is a limited source and will deplete very quickly. I recently shifted my mind by focusing on a new game, THE GAME OF LIFE. Why not aim for a victory in the game of life that we are obliged to play? To excel at the game of life, we need to play the game with three fundamental rules.

Rule 1: You need to enjoy the game to play it well.

As a result, you have to make life fun and enjoyable. I try to use every element to my benefit. I do meditation to sharpen my senses (touch, smell, sight, taste, hear) so that I can mindfully be present and enjoy every moment. I improved my relationship with my beloved ones (son and wife) to improve my happiness. I surrendered myself to nature's will to let go of stress. There are many ways to live better, healthier and happier. 

Rule 2: You play the game well if you know you will be rewarded.

pick up a dream for yourself and visualize you have achieved your dream. This is the award of the game that encourages you to play the game in the first place. 

The dream can be as big as you can imagine. The gates are open, and the limit only exists in your mind.

Pick a dream that worths playing THE GAME.

Law of attraction (visualization); setting Long-term goal; build Passion

Rule 3: You have to play the game to the end to win, and you have to start over if you fail.

Constantly be aware of the game, and play the game by its rules.

persistence and resilience

Following these three rules, any dream can come true. ENJOY THE MARVELOUS GAME OF LIFE.

How do I know this three rules are the fundamentals? GRIT is the key to success according to a paper published by Angela duckworth published in the journal of personality (4000 citations; an impressive paper). These three rules in the game will make you gritty and the grit is what you need to make any dream comes true.

Edited by Mohammad
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Mohammad said:

Sorry for just counting my days. I am very busy these days that I tend not to write too much. I am doing well these days. Working very hard, waking up 6 am everyday and reading books at nights. My life has been dramatically improved over the past year when I started letting go of games. I do not have any urge to play and I am not using willpower. I know willpower is a limited source and will deplete very quickly. I recently shifted my mind by focusing on a new game, THE GAME OF LIFE. Why not aim for a victory in the game of life that we are obliged to play? To excel at the game of life, we need to play the game with three fundamental rules.

Rule 1: You need to enjoy the game to play it well.

As a result, you have to make life fun and enjoyable. I try to use every element to my benefit. I do meditation to sharpen my senses (touch, smell, sight, taste, hear) so that I can mindfully be present and enjoy every moment. I improved my relationship with my beloved ones (son and wife) to improve my happiness. I surrendered myself to nature's will to let go of stress. There are many ways to live better, healthier and happier. 

Rule 2: You play the game well if you know you will be rewarded.

pick up a dream for yourself and visualize you have achieved your dream. This is the award of the game that encourages you to play the game in the first place. 

The dream can be as big as you can imagine. The gates are open, and the limit only exists in your mind.

Pick a dream that worths playing THE GAME.

Law of attraction (visualization); setting Long-term goal; build Passion

Rule 3: You have to play the game to the end to win, and you have to start over if you fail.

Constantly be aware of the game, and play the game by its rules.

persistence and resilience

Following these three rules, any dream can come true. ENJOY THE MARVELOUS GAME OF LIFE.

How do I know this three rules are the fundamentals? GRIT is the key to success according to a paper published by Angela duckworth published in the journal of personality (4000 citations; an impressive paper). These three rules in the game will make you gritty and the grit is what you need to make any dream comes true.

That's awesome. I'm glad you went into this detail. I felt bad providing criticism, but I really want to know more about you and just see how you're progressing and what's happening. Obviously, it's your choice to speak about what's going on in your life. I just think it's important when we hit those struggles to keep diving into it and exploring what the issue may be.

45 to 50:

These are the best days I have ever lived so far because I have learned to control my feelings, thoughts and actions!

I work hard and passionately. I have no stress in life. no temptation no craving for anything!

I have learnt to let go of things that does not help me and does not benefit me.

I have been working on myself over the past year and now, I came to a great victory.

I am keeping this up  ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

78 to 82:

Last days to 90 day detox!

No gaming so far. 

I am still waking up 6 am and I am aiming to go as early as 5!

I have been reading non-fiction book almost every day

meditating most days

have been doing daily bodybuilding workout for about 40 days for 40 mints a day in average

have been doing cardiovascular exercise daily for the past 10 days.

have been working very effectively and efficiently from 8 to 16 everyday

have improved the quality of food I am eating for about 40 days

Last but not least, I have changed my behaviour and personal characteristic to a good extent and I am trying to get to the best version of myself.

I have learnt that I can change as much as I want to and this is the greatest gift of mother nature to humankind!

As such, this is a great revolution in my life and good days are about to come!

happy to share with you what I have achieved and how much I have changed!

Best, 

Mohammad

day 89:

woke up 5 am. 

started working after breakfast by 6 am.

I understand that human behaviour is not influenced by his past but his goals! That being said, I do not look at my past and regret. Instead, I chose a big goal in my life and I will behave accordingly to make my dream come true. The dream I have is so magnificent that it is able to shape my behaviour. 

I recommend you do the same thing. Choose a goal (dream) that it can fulfills all of your desires, both spiritually and financially. That way, you will find happiness on your pass to pursuit your goal. Remember that research shows that success comes after three factors: Goal, passion and persistence. You should find a goal that can make you passionate and be persistent. This is achieved by daily visualization. You can daily visualize yourself that you have shaped your character, that you have achieved your goal and feel the sensation it gives. When you enjoy your dream right now, you are actually transmulating a pure dream to a burning desire. A burning desire is a fuel that gives your the drive. As long as you have the fuel, you can move on and you eventually make your dream a reality! It is a matter of persistence so keep up with the visualization.

After doing this, I realized I need to kill two big enemies inside myself: 1- FEAR of choosing a big dream 2- DOUBT that I can make the dream come true

Killing these two monsters needs faith. That is why you need to believe in SECRET first. That means you should first believe that if you do this visualization on a daily basis, your dream, no matter how big, will come true one day!

For more information, I would recommend these books:

1-Think and grow rich by Napoleon Hill

2- Grit: The power of passion and persistence by Angela Duckworth

3- The Courage to be disliked

After reading these three books, you will understand how magnificent human is and you would never waste a second playing games!

• 2 weeks later...

day 98 to 108:

No gaming

I was a bit off my daily productivie plan. I think about it and apparently, it is because I haven't done enough visualization. When my dream start to fade out, my actions and behaviours start to divert from the planned path. As such, my conclusion is not to let the dream die. I have to keep it alive by doing the daily visualization. 

Persistent is the key to success.

On 12/23/2019 at 7:57 PM, Erik2.0 said:

Hello, 

What are you visualizing?

Erik

Hi Erik,

I found my ultimate goal in life that I want to achieve in life. I do visualize that goal that lay down the path and the lifestyle that I should acquire to achieve it. However, I used the visualization technique for literally everything that I want to do. For example, I want to become fit so I do visualize myself being fit and athletic. This visualization creates a self-image inside my subconscious mind that helps me to behave in that way. With this technique, I have been doing exercise for the past 70 days. To avoid eating unhealthy food, for example, I visualize myself being fat and unhealthy when being tempted to eat junk food. I am a PhD student and I am visualizating myself that the journal paper that I am about to publish is going to break the news and gets 100 of citations. That give me the encouragement to work harder. As you see, I do visualize my ultimate goal and also all the steps (small goals) that I have to take to get to the big life goal. I do use visualization technique to form new habits and avoid bad habits. I visualize myself being like Bill Gates so I persuade myself to read more books. Think bigger and you'll grow bigger. I constantly compare myself to Bill Gates and that gives me the courage and encouragement to live life to its fullest potential.

Best,

mohammad.