NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Dad with a gaming addiction

Hi. I am a father of a 2-month-old boy, and I cannot quit gaming. I love my son so much, but yet, for some reasons, I can't stop gaming! This is so sad and it's killing me! I need your help to get over this gaming habit!

Edited by Mohammad
  • Like 2

Hi Mohammad ! I think that what’s important to do when we want to cut an addiction is to understand WHY we’re addicted to that thing in the first place.To help you do that I recommend you to watch Cam’s vids that are on his Gamequitters YouTube channel, that might be a great start ! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blazing Man said:

Hi Mohammad ! I think that what’s important to do when we want to cut an addiction is to understand WHY we’re addicted to that thing in the first place.To help you do that I recommend you to watch Cam’s vids that are on his Gamequitters YouTube channel, that might be a great start ! 

Yes, I watched them. I think I like gaming because of the cognitive competition, and because it is an escape from those parts of my life that I do not like.

• Like 1

Hey Mohammed,

Read this after seeing your journal. I know how you feel (ish). I'm married and I found that gaming was destroying my amazing marriage. I'm always the meanest to my wife when she's preventing me from gaming.

I'm 2/3 of the way through my 90 day detox and it's already made a huge difference, so stick with it!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, karabas said:

Hey Mohammed,

Read this after seeing your journal. I know how you feel (ish). I'm married and I found that gaming was destroying my amazing marriage. I'm always the meanest to my wife when she's preventing me from gaming.

I'm 2/3 of the way through my 90 day detox and it's already made a huge difference, so stick with it!

Thanks. Your words mean a lot to me! They are very encouraging. Can't wait to see myself passing by this gaming habit!

• Like 1

Glad to see you join us Mohammed! Just know that through your recovery we have your back! 

I think one thing you could do is find other things to do with any free time that you have. I don't know if boredom is what drives you to game (it could also be social, escape, achievement etc), but finding new ways to spend your time might work for you. 

I wish you the best Mohammad!:1300_clap_tone1:

Edited by Justin Whitelock