NEW VIDEO: 5 Tips to Avoid Gaming This Summer

JustTom

From Consumer to Creator: has anyone here done it?

I'm struggling with this really hard. Right now even watching gaming content all the time, but when I'm not, I can binge-watch almost anything - self-help, movies, tv shows, documentaries, you name it... Constant checking of reddit has been as common as breathing for the past two or three years.

Has anyone stopped this madness? Please share your story or advice. 

• Like 1

watching gaming content - quitted - my interest in it just dropped the moment I stopped gaming
binge-watching - it's a constant struggle to keep myself occupied enough not to start a new series - if I do, there's nearly no stopping until I'm through the whole series
self-help - only reading on a specific Topic, that I have struggles to improve by myself helped a lot - never start to read something about some random stuff that "MIGHT" be helpful

One other Thing that helped me when I wasn't stressed out by school was to invest into an online-Course (whatever you want to do instead of binging - for me it was figuredrawing) --> finishing a chapter and seeing progress movtivates to continue learning instead of turning your mind off for a few Hours.

• Like 1

Well, my interest in gaming content is perhaps dropping, but only very slowly. I wonder why this might be different for people. Maybe the type of games, since I'm into the competitive side of gaming more and you can always watch tournaments forever. Not sure what to do except keep trying. 

Your point with self-help content is a good idea. Often times I try to use self-help as a motivator or even as entertainment, but that's just keeping me stuck at times. 

i think the drop in interest was caused by me having already found my passion for historical fencing. Because as soon as you find a REAL PASSION for a Hobby there isn't anything on earth that can get in you way of following this Passion.

And also what you said might have had a big Impact - I was never interested in watching tournaments and such - only Browsing gaming News in General.

What Hobbies did you start since quitting gaming?

• Like 1

On 6/6/2018 at 8:24 PM, JustTom said:

I'm struggling with this really hard. Right now even watching gaming content all the time, but when I'm not, I can binge-watch almost anything - self-help, movies, tv shows, documentaries, you name it... Constant checking of reddit has been as common as breathing for the past two or three years.

Has anyone stopped this madness? Please share your story or advice. 

Just redirect that energy at a skill and you'll be good. Remind yourself that the time you're spending being entertained can go towards something you'll end up really good at.