Sign in to follow this  
NextTry

Hi there!

I've quit gaming on May 21st and it was suprisingly easy the first two weeks, but now I struggle more each day, this is why I finally started the course.
I guess my main issue is not having filled the void appropriately, lets see if I can still turn this ship around :)

About Me:

• 34 years old
  • Have been gaming my whole life, but still managed to accomplish a couple of things (Bachelor Degree, Run my own Company, kinda healthy)
  • I'm curious how my brain will change once I'm not addicted to gaming anymore (for example: for the last 10 years I had no interest in a relationship, I'm culturally completely uninterested and I feel that my willpower has been gradually decreasing over the years).

Anyway, glad to be umong friends now who share the same goal :)

• Like 5

Glad you're here dude! First 90 days can be considered tricky, especially consider you've been doing it the past 10 years. I'm two years into this and I no longer have a desire to play games.

That's really good that you were able to accomplish a couple of things, while still gaming - I probably would of failed my last year of college if I didn't quit. Good on ya!!

Good for you for getting that degree and that business! I was a tad less lucky/disciplined. I get the whole brain comment thing. The dopamine levels and how your brain responds on neural/chemical levels. It can very surely change your perception of life!