NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Intro

Hey there folks. Mike here.

I'm from Czech Republic, and I have a problem with gaming. 

Personally I've found the gamequitters the standard way because I've felt like I have to play. I was big time player in WurmUnlimited/WurmOnline (several thousand hours) and dabble in some other games. Problem with that was that while I didn't even like the gaming anymore, I still felt that I need to play, because this is my hobby and I have to like gaming (probably position from which lots of folks start from), which became a loop: "I want to play" - "But I dont' even like this game anymore" - "But I've spent so much time on it, probably was worth it, so I probably would come back to liking it" - full weekend spent on stupid stuff that I dont' even like. 

My fiancee never really liked gaming, she gamed mostly because I've been gaming, and because she had a health issue in previous several months. 

We live in Olomouc, we have a dog and two rats, and our new life started yesterday. :-)

• Like 5

Awesome Nekoexmachina! I wish for you the best! 

Not gonna lie, I have been there done that, got the t-shirt and hated it. Gaming becomes such in ingrained habit that we just have to do it, even if we don't want to. But the good news is, we can change! I just started on this site too and I am pumped up, ready for change! Good luck and I wish you and your fiance the best!

• Like 2

I hear you about not enjoying it. I've had this relationship with several games, but especially with Civ 6. I would play for hours and be thinking the whole time "man I don't even like this game, why am I playing?"

And that's the height of idiocy because you're wasting your time and you're not even enjoying the process.

So yeah. Glad you guys are doing this together, that should definitely help. Welcome to the forums. And do start your journal! It really helps in so many ways.

• Like 2

Thanks for the responses, folks

@Some Yahoo, its already more or less all good - she had her ankle broken on a trip to the kennels few months ago

@karabas, unfortunatelly she's not really into the whole thing - we talked about that, she says that she still wants to play daily for a little while. I'm not playing, though; and I think she'll stop in few days of me not joining up.

@Justin Whitelock, Thanks!

• Like 2