NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

What is the ONE thing you're going to get better at in 2016?

Ed

We all want to get better at something.  Maybe you want to get fitter.  Or learn a new language.  Or learn how to make the most delicious food on the planet.

But there's a difference between wishing for something and deciding to make it happen.

I've decided that 2016 is the year I'm going to get good at public speaking.

I'm sure you're planning on making yourself more awesome in multiple ways.

But if you were to choose only ONE thing to be better at by the end of 2016...

what is it you're going to be much better at this time next year?

• 3 weeks later...

Good topic!

I want to get a lot better at internet marketing. I really want to be able to work from home while making a decent enough income. Self-discipline is major thing for this though. So that's probably going to come first.

What's your plan for this? Is there an element of internet marketing you are most interested in? 

Good topic!

I want to get a lot better at internet marketing. I really want to be able to work from home while making a decent enough income. Self-discipline is major thing for this though. So that's probably going to come first.

What's your plan for this? Is there an element of internet marketing you are most interested in? 

Well, I'm already working on affiliate marketing. I've joined a website which teaches you how to do it and what steps to take to be succesful at it but I'm still having difficulties.

Any tips? I know you're a succesful entrepreneur yourself.

Good topic!

Well, I'm already working on affiliate marketing. I've joined a website which teaches you how to do it and what steps to take to be succesful at it but I'm still having difficulties.

You're the Mark that emailed me. Awesome. I'm still looking into my options for that by the way. The only solution I've found so far is in the $200 range so that's a bit annoying. :)

I shared a few thoughts on my journey here. The key is to just take massive action and apply what you're learning. It's easy to read articles and books and all of that but never apply it. Applying it is how you learn and get better. It's a lot more simple than you think. :)

Good topic!

You're the Mark that emailed me. Awesome. I'm still looking into my options for that by the way. The only solution I've found so far is in the $200 range so that's a bit annoying. :)

I shared a few thoughts on my journey here. The key is to just take massive action and apply what you're learning. It's easy to read articles and books and all of that but never apply it. Applying it is how you learn and get better. It's a lot more simple than you think. :)

I'm indeed that Mark! 

Hmm, that's quite helpful. Funnily enough, I've almost finished the '4-Hour Workweek' by Tim Ferris. Definitely a helpful book, and I plan on using what I've learned. It's just the action part that's my downfall at the moment. But thanks for your tips. You've inspired me (again) to take action! If besides applying the things I've learned; consistency is the key, then consistently putting out content is what I'll be doing :) 

I'd like to thank you once again Cam, for inspiring the people at GameQuitters to take action, so they can create better lives from themselfs. You're a true life-changer! 

Good topic!

I'm indeed that Mark! 

Hmm, that's quite helpful. Funnily enough, I've almost finished the '4-Hour Workweek' by Tim Ferris. Definitely a helpful book, and I plan on using what I've learned. It's just the action part that's my downfall at the moment. But thanks for your tips. You've inspired me (again) to take action! If besides applying the things I've learned; consistency is the key, then consistently putting out content is what I'll be doing :) 

I'd like to thank you once again Cam, for inspiring the people at GameQuitters to take action, so they can create better lives from themselfs. You're a true life-changer! 

Happy to help! There may be an alternative for the affiliate links so I will look into that and get back to you. Taking action is the key! Go for it! What else are you going to do? :D

Good topic!

I'm indeed that Mark! 

Happy to help! There may be an alternative for the affiliate links so I will look into that and get back to you. Taking action is the key! Go for it! What else are you going to do? :D

Good topic!

I'm indeed that Mark! 

I'm eager to hear the alternative!

Well, I've been in a negative circle for quite some time. Quitting video games and finally doing what I truly want to do, is going to get me out of that circle. One of the first steps is to find out what I really love to do. What interests me. And write posts about that, every day. Personal development has been one of my passions the past year or so. And helping others to be the best they can be in live, is something I really want to be doing.

I don't want to work 9-5 every single day for the rest of my life on a job I'm not passionate about, because (as my mom says) "I have to". I want to be excited to get up in the morning and do something worthwhile. Helping others has always been something I wanted to do. Helping myself at the moment is just something I have to do before I can start helping others.

Step 1: Finish the 90-day detox while taking action in setting up a business. I'm setting goals for myself to work towards. Using the knowledge I've gained so far in my advantage, and learning about new things (by reading books) along the way. Besides finishing the 90-day detox and setting up my business, I need to find a quicker way to get me my own place. I'm surrounded by negativity. I know the people around me mean well and that they care about me. But they're holding me back and dragging me down. I've known that for quite some time now. I just never took any action to do something about that. That's gonna change, right now..

Step 2: Take it even further and find out where I see myself in 5-10 years. What do I want to be doing? What kind of person do I want to become? Set long term (flexible) goals. These might change over time ofcourse and that's allright.

Step 3: Split the bigger goals into smaller, more manageable ones and take the actions required to achieve these goals. 

I will get to the place I want to be at. It's not going to be easy, I know that. I will have bumps along the way, and that's okay. They will help me grow. I will do what I want to do. And not because someone else wants me to, but because I want to! :)

I would like to finish my Italian course on Duolingo, and reach the 365-day language learning streak :)

Great goal, you'll be pretty good at speaking Italian when you reach your 365 day streak. I'm at a 39 day streak with German at the moment.

If you take on the mental habit of taking action as a way of life, it can be a lot more than just one thing. I'm learning that fairly quickly.

Yep, and by concentrating on improving yourself in one specific area it's likely to help other areas.

I would also like to get better at public speaking this year, it is something I've struggled with but I'm sure it would be of great benefit to me to develop that skill whilst I'm still in school.

It never hurts to be better at public speaking.  It will help with your career, getting girls, making friends. It's one skill that I wished I put more work into when I was younger.  I'm planning on rejoining my local Toastmasters club.  Unfortunately membership is limited to people 18 and over, but once you turn 18 you should check them out.