NEW PODCAST: Do Loot Boxes Lead to Problem Gambling?

Sign in to follow this  
hycniejsy

The Mad Pharmacist's Journal

Damn, January was intense! Today I've got some summary.

I've been writing down each day how much time I've spend on studying (I've made an excel file where I have a graph that ilustrates my progress, and also app Time Meter). I can even read amount of time I spent on every subject!

So, this month I spent 69,66 hours on studying excluding activities on university (seminars, lectures, tutorials, exercises etc.)

That gives 2,247 hours average each day.

I'm very happy of that result. I'm also getting better scores and passing most of exams and colloquiums on 1st term (math is still waiting for me on 3rd term, but I'll crush this fuckin' calculus next next).

This week I'll add to my observation amount of time I spend on podcasts, reading articles, documentary movies etc. That can be also interesting because I see that sometimes if subject is interesting for me (for instance relationships) I can spend so much time on it without any efford and even noticing. But do I really need that much time?

I think no. The more important thing is to implement new knowledge in my life ASAP.

And also Thanks for all of you who supported me so far:

@Cam Adair

@DaBest

@Django

@AlexTheGrape

@Primmulla

@Laney

That's the best way of dealing with addiction I've ever tried! I mean, journaling when other people with similar experience can support you.

The more important thing is to implement new knowledge in my life ASAP.

100%. The speed at which you take action makes a huge difference in your ability to retain it. :)

Cravings. I feel cravings.

Why? Because I spent about six hours on "podcasts" (generally mindlessly browsing the internet) and tomorrow I have final bio exam.

This is ridiculous. I gonna stop right now.

It's 3:30 pm, so I still have some time to study.

Cooking, shopping and then time to learn!

Execute and take action!

Hi there, awesome how you keep going. Here is a video wich helped me a lot with structuring my studying in a more effective way(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bkbmoC3ku4). It is nothing special but works wonders for me. First time i can stay fokussed on a subject for a longer time. I don't use their journal i jsut  write my daily plan every morning in the same fashion on a dinA4 Paper. Have to study for exams too. That's why i can relate what your going through ;)

Edited by WorkInProgress

Today I've made some progress.

First call with my accountability partner. I think it really works for me.

I also made some projects connected with scouting.

And I made a list of habits I want to do everyday (I'm starting tomorrow with them).

Also, the to-do list is waiting for me to get all things done!

Aha, and I passed Bio exam on first term. Yeah!

During last week, I felt some cravings to masturbate, but I was disciplined enough to deal with them.

You have something in your writing which invites to care about you. Maybe it's the font? 

Good job with those cravings! I honor you for being able to study and keep everything together while quitting games and fap. 

Let's keep going, shall we? ;)

Some new content, here is the list of habits I'm going to do for next days:

I) Core habits - (The most important for me to abstain from games)

1) Sleep at least 7 hours every night

2) Study at least 2 Golden Hours every day (Golden hour is a block of 50 minutes of productive work)

3) Type Quitting Journal every day.

II) New Habits - (The ones that I want to adapt into my life)

1) Exercise for 10 minutes every day

2) Practice Spanish for 15 minutes every day

3) Play Guitar (or any string instrument if I don't have access to guitar) for 15 minutes every day

4) Learn 10 new English words every day

III) Old Habits - (The ones I already have and I want to keep them going)

1) Spend 15 minutes on personal development content

2) Gratitude list - at least 10 things at the end of the day

Looks like a lot of tasks to do every day, but most of them takes about 10-15 minutes. I want to work on it especially during my winter holidays to stay disciplined and game free.

Today I feel really good, despite the fact that I spent the whole day at home. I worked on some projects, and also did some houseworks. And no urges. Way to go!

Your habits seem really good! Have you tried meditation by the way? It has been a fun experience and helpful with some situations. I think I might have a free headspace 30-day-access if you want to try it out!

Practice Spanish for 15 minutes every day

I can help you with that! (native speaker) PM or something if you feel like it. We could even skype and practice some conversation. I guess I could use some Polish lessons? :D

Poland is dope man, or so say people I know who have been there. And I can't leave this world without having learned about those weird accents in consonants.

About your list: work hard, rest hard. I'm not the most authorized person to say this (yet) but remember to implement solid hobbies into your life as well, enjoyment and variety is key to avoid boredom and spiralling back to games. 

Forward we go! 

I did EVERY habit today, excluding sleeping 7 hours (I slept 6,5 and I feel really well). It's awesome feeling after the end of the day.

Also cooked dinner with new recipe, getting better into that field!

I didn't do all to-do tasks, but instead of this I've been helping with houseworks, so I feel fine with it. I still have some time to deal with this tasks on winter break.

@SpiNips

I tried meditation once and I don't want to try it again. Also, the fact that it is part of the New Age religion is discouraging enough for me.

@Hitaru

Sure, you have awesome idea! I'll give you more details in PM. So far, I've been practicing on Duolingo and borrowed a A1 level Spanish book for secondary school from mi amigo.

@SpiNips

I tried meditation once and I don't want to try it again. Also, the fact that it is part of the New Age religion is discouraging enough for me.

what do you mean by new age religion? I think many very rational people just do meditate without any mystic or religious ambition. it's just a way training your brain. I'm trying to get into it at the moment and it isn't easy because it seems like i often seem jsut to sti and think about stuff isntead of really meditating. Another thing i realized is that jogging has a similiar effect on your thinking patterns. After i got used to do it everyday my mind put out some random thoughts at first. But because i had to fokus on the path and my running, they got surpessed pretty fast. After a while it felt like my head was empty and it was a great flow-like feeling.

That said do what you like :D. You doing awesome and i'm kind of envious about your discipline and passion for your studies. keep the good work up!

Good science behind meditation here.

I'm trying to get into it at the moment and it isn't easy because it seems like i often seem just to sit and think about stuff instead of really meditating.

That is called meditating. ;)

Today I've been ice skating for the third time in my life. I really like it. And I still need to practice, but trust me, one day I'll become so fast like Canadian hockey players! Haha

I am relieved today, still on the way to improve myself. Consistency is really worth it.

@WorkInProgress

http://www.mindfulness-meditation-techniques.com/new-age-meditation.html

That's an example. New age is kind of modern religion which I don't want to worship.

And running is much different activity, it gives you endorphines because of physical effort, and also you can see the whole landscape of your surroundings. I really love it, especially during sunrise at the summer. In meditation or yoga most people mention about spirituality I don't want to get into right now. That's why I'm so scared of them.

And I don't wanna judge anyone, that's just my opinion.

Edited by hycniejsy
font

@WorkInProgress

http://www.mindfulness-meditation-techniques.com/new-age-meditation.html

That's an example. New age is kind of modern religion which I don't want to worship.

Ok i can see that. Read trough that link and this is exactly the esoteric bullshit keeping people away of practices wich could improve their daily life.

Trust me i don't wanna worship this newage stuff either. You do as you like ofcourse. Jsut keep it in mind as an option you can return too wihtout beeing an acolite of a crappy religion. Because it isn't if you choose the right stuff(like headspace).

Noone is as fasta s a canadian hockeyplayer ;)

Yesterday I did all the habits except studying, and journaling.

I was on the night rally with my friends. I just love hiking at any time of the day. I didn't sleep for the whole night, so I had to sleep when I came home.

So today I didn't do most of my habits. But it doesn't mean for me that I'm just neglecting myself. It's just like a day off, tomorrow I'll do everything for 100%.

@WorkInProgress

Thanks for your opinion, I'll keep that in mind. And If I changed my mind and wanted to give a try to meditation, I would let you know.

I appreciate your engagement into this topic and giving me information!

I'm doing what I really want to do! Seriously, studied biophysics for 2 hours, went for event with friends, did some cleaning on my computer (especially with catalogs).

No more time to procrastinate!

51st day of detox! Hell yea!

I'm doing what I really want to do! Seriously, studied biophysics for 2 hours, went for event with friends, did some cleaning on my computer (especially with catalogs).

No more time to procrastinate!

51st day of detox! Hell yea!

This is so awesome! Made my day today man :)